Quality Management Systems Matrix

S

SheiLaJP

Hi,

Can anyone give me idea on what iso 9001:2008 requirement do i need to consider in Safety process?. The only process not considered here is the Safety process and we are in the middle of having document review. So i don't have basis on what requirements i need to consider in the Safety process scope.

:thanks:

SheiLaJP

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi,

Can anyone give me idea on what iso 9001:2008 requirement do i need to consider in Safety process?. The only process not considered here is the Safety process and we are in the middle of having document review. So i don't have basis on what requirements i need to consider in the Safety process scope.

SheiLaJP

Just a couple of question for clarification.

Do you have a copy of ISO 9001:2008?

Not sure of the purpose you would need that information but safety is used in:

3.3 Critical items

Those items (e.g., functions, parts, software, characteristics, processes) having significant effect on the product realization and use of the product; including safety, performance, form, fit, function, producibility, service life, etc.; that require specific actions to ensure they are adequately managed. Examples of critical items include safety critical items, fracture critical items, mission critical items, key characteristics, etc.

7.3.1 The different design and development tasks to be carried out shall be based on the safety and functional objectives of the product in accordance with customer, statutory and regulatory requirements.

Those are the only items that I could think of.

One more question - what type of industry your company is certified to?

S

SheiLaJP

Hi dsanabria,

dsanabria: Do you have a copy of ISO 9001:2008?
SheiLaJP: Yes, I do have a copy of the QMS manual.

dsanabria:One more question - what type of industry your company is certified to?
SheiLaJP: I work in a construction company producing asphalt

Big Jim

Admin
Just a couple of question for clarification.

Do you have a copy of ISO 9001:2008?

Not sure of the purpose you would need that information but safety is used in:

3.3 Critical items

Those items (e.g., functions, parts, software, characteristics, processes) having significant effect on the product realization and use of the product; including safety, performance, form, fit, function, producibility, service life, etc.; that require specific actions to ensure they are adequately managed. Examples of critical items include safety critical items, fracture critical items, mission critical items, key characteristics, etc.

7.3.1 The different design and development tasks to be carried out shall be based on the safety and functional objectives of the product in accordance with customer, statutory and regulatory requirements.

Those are the only items that I could think of.

One more question - what type of industry your company is certified to?

You are quoting from AS9100C, not ISO 9001:2008.

That's part of the aerospace enhancements.

Safety is not a topic in ISO 9001:2008, although maybe it should be.

Colin

0.4 Compatibility with other management systems <snip>

This International Standard does not include requirements specific to other management systems, such as those particular to environmental management, occupational health and safety management, financial management or risk management. However, this International Standard enables an organization to align or integrate its own quality management system with related management system requirements
. <snip>

The answer to your question is that ISO 9001 does not include requirements for health and safety.

S

SheiLaJP

Hi Colin,

Is it possible that i can choose whatever requirement (clause) i need to use when it comes to making audit checklist for safety process?

LUV-d-4UM

Hi,

SheiLaJP

Please consider clauses 6.4 Environment and 7.1 Planning in the safety process.:agree:

Top Bottom