Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Quality Manual and ISO TS 16949 Standard

S

stlwtrs

I am fairly new to quality systems and I have a questions with regard to my company's Qualty Manual. The Quality Manual is essentially a copy of the ISO TS16949 standard with a few company name inserts, etc. I find it odd that our registrar has not had any issue with this. Is this typical of company quality manuals? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
There are many ways to write a quality manual. This is one way some companies do it. Back in the 1990's that's how most companies wrote a "quality manual".

I am fairly new to quality systems and I have a questions with regard to my company's Qualty Manual. The Quality Manual is essentially a copy of the ISO TS16949 standard with a few company name inserts, etc. I find it odd that our registrar has not had any issue with this. Is this typical of company quality manuals? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sadly, this is common. Firstly that a manual is just that - a copy of the standard - and secondly that auditors see nothing wrong with it. The "acid test" is whether or not your management use it or can demonstrate they understand it and its content...

M

MatiB

For me the best solution this is create this document with special company requirements. This requirements must based on company statement regarding to suppliers, but everything must be consistent with ISO standard.

S

ScottQ

It is far from the best practice, but not that uncommon.
What will you do when the TS standard is revised? Have you looked at ISO9001:2015?

The way to go is to document the cross-functional business processes you use to design and develop, source and procure, tool and industrialize, your products. Then review each process against the applicable parts of the QMS standard, and modify as needed. Develop a matrix (will help both your employees and the auditors) that shows how each of the requirements in TS are satisfied by the various parts of your manual.

S

stlwtrs

Question: How is it that this has not become a copyright issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom