Quality manual for trading company

Dear Friends

I am working for an sensor trading company. The trading is done in association with various principals of different countries.

I have got a responsibility to develop ISO 9001: 2015 . I have no experience before in implementation of QMS for trading company.

Can anybody help me out by mailing example of Quality manual and Process map for reference purpose.

I will be grateful

Best regards
Febrianto

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Dear Friends

I am working for an sensor trading company. The trading is done in association with various principals of different countries.

I have got a responsibility to develop ISO 9001: 2015 . I have no experience before in implementation of QMS for trading company.

Can anybody help me out by mailing example of Quality manual and Process map for reference purpose.

I will be grateful

Best regards
Febrianto
Good day Febrianto, welcome to The Cove! :bigwave: I am am sorry for the delay in this response.

I trust you know that ISO 9001:2015 does not require a quality manual. Why do you think you need one?

Why have you been given responsibility to develop ISO 9001:2015? Does Top Management understand they are primarily responsible for the Quality Management System (QMS)?

If not, these are cautionary questions because the QMS is only successful if the people responsible are actually taking responsibility. When things don't turn out the way the "hands-off" top management likes, they blame the person they "gave responsibility" for the system's development. Too many systems have been created for the purpose of certification; the purpose behind the standard is, instead setting a framework for a customer-focused, effective system of interdependent processes that results in organizational success.

Have you read ISO 9001:2015 in Plain English? I bought this book and think it is very good for making the standard understandable.

ISO 9000:2015 contains definitions and explanations on how to apply the standard, but I would read the "Plain English" book first.

I hope this helps!

Good day Jen Kirley,
Thank you so much for your reply.

I am recently still working at automotive company and applied IATF 16949 for the QMS.
In the case of IATF, in clause 7.5.1.1 specifically required Quality Manual, but I am forget that in ISO 9001 did not required it. Thanks for reminding.

In the next month, I will move to another company, a new company, which have plan to get ISO 9001 certification for the first time. I will be in charge for this activity.

In the case of IATF, The Quality Manual was one of the first documents that a certification body asked for before the certification audit.
In the case of ISO 9001, how should we prepare if we don't have quality manual ?

Thanks for your support.

Big Jim

Admin
Although ISO 9001:2015 doesn't require a manual, the writers of the standard speculated that most companies would still want one. That said, since the introduction of the 2015 version I have only encountered two companies that choose not to have a quality manual. All others have. Indeed, most consultants seem to provide their services around having a quality manual to provide structure to their system.

Big Jim

Admin
Something that may help since you already have 16949 experience is that a trading company doesn't actually manufacture anything. They buy things to sell. Often they keep little if any inventory. They determine ahead of time what they expect to sell and establish reliable sources. Their fulfillment of 8.5.1 (production under controlled conditions) lies in how they fill the order. 8.1 (planning for production) deals with determining how they will fill the order and would by nature somewhat overlap with 8.4 (purchasing). Best of luck with your endeavor.

Big Jim
Thank you so much for your input.
I've received example of quality manual for trading company, and now I am creating it.
Then, I should to know the scope and process interaction for this company.
By the way, thanks for this discussion.

Norvik

Registered
Dear Friends

I will be grateful

Best regards
Febrianto
Hi Fabian, I am looking for exactly the same, could you send me a copy of the QMS You received?

Top Bottom