Quality Manual - Procedures for Product recall

K
I realise that there is no reference to product recall in QS9000 or ISO9000:1994 or ISO9K:2K, if were to be added how would it be included within the Manual and Procedures?

Another Uni question I'm afraid. I find it quite worrying that there are no requirements for this within the ISO system, surely this is a vital part of customer service/satisfaction and confidence?

------------------
Kate Thomas

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Hi Karen,

I'm not all that familiar with QS9000, so I'll limit my reply to ISO...

In both the 1994 and the 2k issues I'd put it under "Control of nonconforming product". Even though the product has left your premises, a recall would be part of just that. There is also Corrective actions" to consider.

/ Claes Gefvenberg

E

Eugène

Hi Kate,

I think you have to place it under 4.8 Identification and Traceability. That's where VDA 6.1 (the German 'QS')refers to. VDA 6.1 has a clause (6) which describes the recall.
It is a bit strange to me that I can't find back something about this subject in TS. During VDA-audits (2nd & 3rd party) it is allways checked. And now it don't seem that important anymore.

[This message has been edited by Eugène (edited 06 September 2000).]

K
Thanks Guys

It astounds me, that this is not considered a major part of QS9000. I appreciate the sections that mention non-conforming products. Surely, it is important that, with customers having the right to sue, personally, anyone who is deemed to have created, manufactured etc, etc etc anything that is defective, that this should be an integral part of any Quality Manual. Maybe I am talking complete rubbish. I don't know enough to actually hold a reasoned debate about it as I do not have access to QS/ISO9000 handbooks, I just get a glimpse every now and again at work, if I'm lucky!!!

Please correct me if I am wrong.

------------------
Kate Thomas

A

Alf Gulford

Just to muddy things up a bit, as a medical device person I'd have to put recall info under 4.14 since that's where ISO 13485 and EN 46001 place it.

Probably not a consideration for QS folks, just another perspective.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Concerning procedures within Quality Manual ISO 17025 related Discussions 10
A AS9100D Quality Manual & Procedures needed Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
Y ISO 13485:2003 &FDA QSR (21 CFR 820) Quality Manual,34 Procedures and Form Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 8
T ISO 9001:2008 Mandatory Procedures in Quality Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
M Quality Manual - ISO 17025 required Mandatory and Operational Procedures ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
K Creation of Quality Manual, Procedures Manual, Work Instructions and Guidelines ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
F Review of a Quality/Procedures Manual for a Ministry in Kuwait Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
F Must the AS9100C quality manual contain the procedures and QMS documents? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
V Quality Procedures and Quality Manual Changes and Amendments Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
E Quality Manual and Standard Operating Procedures - File attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
D Helping rewrite the Quality Manual and Procedures - Hints wanted IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
K Procedures and Quality Manual written - Where next? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
S Quality Procedures Manual (ISO 9001:2008) for Construction Industry wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
S Quality Manual Review - Should the manual link all procedures Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
C Quality Manual and Procedures Manual for Small Service Business Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
I Short SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) or Add to Quality Manual? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 10
C Can we do changes in the quality manual procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Write Quality Manual before Procedures? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
S Quality manual, Procedures, WI & process mapping for oil field chemical & Eqpt.trader Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
D Quality Manual and Procedures incorporated in same document Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
D Quality Manual - Where the cross referenced procedures fit in? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
A I have to CITE the ISO clause in BOTH my Quality Manual and in department procedures? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 16
N Electronics - Telecommunication Manufacturing Quality Manual and Procedures Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
N ISO/TS 16949:2002 Quality Manual and Procedures IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K ISO 17025 Quality Manual and 58 page Checklist - And how many procedures do I need? ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
J Looking for a Quality Manual and all of it's supporting Procedures, Flowcharts Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 7
D I have finished the Quality Manual. Now onto Procedures. Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 7
H Updating Quality Manual to API Q1 Service Industry Specific Topics 4
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
B Quality manual for automotive industry wanted Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
F Quality manual for trading company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Quality Manual for 2nd site Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 3
D Root Cause on Non-Conformity Against Quality Manual Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
A Supporting Site Quality Manual and References Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
LeonelAguilar352 ISO 9001 - 2015, is the Quality Manual needed? Please advise ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
L Quality Manual for a Quality Plan (Manufacturing secrets?) Request Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
K Where in the quality manual do I put our Quality Objectives and our Quality Policy Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 19
J How to address IATF 16949 clause 5.1.1.1 in my Quality Manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
R ISO 9001:2015 Transition Quality Manual Update - Redundant Content ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
P AS9100 rev D Quality Manual wanted - 2017 Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
B Integrated Quality Manual ISO 13485:2003 ISO 9001:2015 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
I Quality Manual Upgrade from AS9100 C to D Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 10
GStough Have You Had to Write a NC Against a Quality Manual in a Supplier Audit? General Auditing Discussions 12
J AS9100 Rev D Quality Manual Rewritten - Feedback Appreciated Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 13
M IATF:16949 Common Quality Manual - Company is in Country A and Country B Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
Y Quality Management System Manual (Wood Manufacturing Company) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
Q Do we really need a traditional Quality Manual? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B AS9100 Rev D Quality Manual - How are you organizing? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
J IATF 16949 Quality Manual Template IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 25
K Quality Manual for a Virtual Company (Medical Device) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2