Quality Manual Revisions and Revision Levels

L

lostmanager

What changes cause for the revision to be changes when making changes in the Quality Manual? I have to update the org. chart, join two managers job descriptions as one and add some other managers to the responsibility list. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

ddunn

Re: Revisions

I also treat any change as a revision. If you start making exceptions you get into trouble.

L

lostmanager

Re: Revisions

Thank you, my next question is, who should be and who should not be listed in the QMS manual managers responsibility.

L

lostmanager

Thank you, my next question is, who should be and who should not be listed in the QMS manual managers responsibility? And do the names have to match as to what the organization chart states? Such as if the manual says Director of Engineering in the managers responsibility but on the org. chart is says Engineering Manager.

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
Thank you, my next question is, who should be and who should not be listed in the QMS manual managers responsibility? And do the names have to match as to what the organization chart states? Such as if the manual says Director of Engineering in the managers responsibility but on the org. chart is says Engineering Manager.

It all depends on what your upper management prefers. My first thought is that you probably want to avoid duplicating your efforts and just include a reference to your organization chart wherever this pops up. It will save you time and prevent you from having to make trivial changes to your manual when your management structure changes (which is always possible). However, this may require that you expand on your org. chart to make the necessary connections.

Brian :rolleyes:

Michael_M

Insect warfare offers good advice, I would like to add: use job titles instead of personal names. This way if the person changes, you do not need to update the QM.

L

lostmanager

Thanks for the reply guys. I am a new manager and just trying to take care of some of the small stuff. I have thousands of questions, but most of them have already covers in previous post. Tonight I/m going to redo the chart and make the changes that me and the engineers noted in the manual.

qusys

Thanks for the reply guys. I am a new manager and just trying to take care of some of the small stuff. I have thousands of questions, but most of them have already covers in previous post. Tonight I/m going to redo the chart and make the changes that me and the engineers noted in the manual.

Hi,
my advice is to refer to link in QM, so that you can update organization chart as a controlled document without updating the QM.
Just to share a way of proceeding .
:bigwave:

Top Bottom