Quality Manual Updates - ISO 9001:2015 and API Q1 9th Editition

FEUCHT

Starting to get Involved
I am currently API certified to iso 9001:2008 and API Q1 9th edition. Right now, My quality manual mirrors the requirements of the Q1 manual, but with the new iso edition not sure how to approach this. Do I change my current Quality manual to match the new iso 2015 or do I keep my current manual and try to make updates? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B

bigqman

Hello Feucht. Does API require a Quality Manual? It is not required for ISO 9001:2015.

FEUCHT

Starting to get Involved
For Q1 I believe it is. So should I include the new requirements for iso 2015 into my procedures or into my QMS. This is my first iso transition. Thanks for the response bigqman

weakness

Starting to get Involved
Quality manual is not need iso 9001-2015 but you could update.

You have to add extra contents.

Needs and expectations of interested parties(Clause 4.1/4.2)(customer,suppliers,stakeholders,personel,society)
Also add or refer to some documents about risk and opportunies.

B

bigqman

Technical Committee 176 Correlation matrix (free! on line!) connects ISO 9001:2008 subsection 4.2.2 "Quality Manual" to ISO 9001:2015 section 4.3 "Determining the scope of the quality management system." fyi and supplemental to weakness

FEUCHT

Starting to get Involved
Thanks BIGQMAN and WEAKNESS for the response back and the great info.
Greatly appreciated.

P

PaulJSmith

Technical Committee 176 Correlation matrix (free! on line!) connects ISO 9001:2008 subsection 4.2.2 "Quality Manual" to ISO 9001:2015 section 4.3 "Determining the scope of the quality management system." fyi and supplemental to weakness

Be sure to note that the only correlation there is the reference to determining the scope of the QMS, not to the Quality Manual as a whole.

W

Winelover

Valued Members,

Can I ask why on most API Q1 Manuals it also states ISO9001:2008? I know that if certified to API Q1 all of the requirements of ISO9001:2008 are met but that does not automatically give you certification for ISO9001:2008.

Company I work for is going to be re audited shortly and our manual also references ISO9001:2008, we have never been certified and are not intending to get ISO9001:2008 certification.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.:confused:

Confussed

Involved In Discussions
Good Morning

I see you have been told the obvious about no manual required for ISO but as you already know it is for API Q1. Also I would think that API is going to requiring a matrix to show compliance. Would be nice if API did this since they already have it. But that is another story.

I would hope the API auditor is sending a audit plan, at this point I assume you don't have ISO certification through API? That is a good move most don't for many reasons.

I would contact API and see if they can shed any light on your concerns Tim Gonzales who works for API is one of the most helpful people in API. Good Luck

Top Bottom