Quality Month Celebration Success Stories Circulation

Hi All,

In our organisation, we are celebrating Quality Month for the first time. We have planned several activities like Display Quality Sign boards, Quality Training, Quality Quiz Contests, Quality Slogan Contests, etc.

Among those, we have planned one activity which is circulating the Success Stories on Quality. I have gone through many websites, including Google LinkedIn and youtube. But I have not found any awesome stories or videos.

I think that sharing success stories due to quality will create some impact on people's minds. If you have any videos or short stories could you please share them with me?

Regards
Moorthi

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jean_B

Trusted Information Resource
Almost all quality that is called succes and makes for a good story begins (or ends) with pain. That pain is things either unknown that suddenly pop up, or known pain whose cause and thus proper corrective action was not yet known, or controls that were circumvented ending in disaster.

A short list of ones that can generally pique interest:
Survivorship bias, looking at what you have to identify the important factor for the things you've lost: youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLVIvBidIA
Tolerances, design changes and inspection maintenance of your backup are still important: youtube.com/watch?v=jxNM4DGBRMU
Analysis is not trivial, a big boat going through water/into sand has some very complex things acting on it which the typical person doesn't think about: youtube.com/watch?v=Ty-m4pm8oog
Appearance and spatial design inform regular and irregular personnel differently: youtube.com/watch?v=Tflm9mttAAI (also try looking up design gestalts, which can be important)
A change in template paperwork by 1 digit due to a fleet update, combining with some lax attention/lax control for considering what can happen when people are away from work for a while: youtube.com/watch?v=1oOLQjzPOFA
Trying to game the regulations due to competitive pressures (Short, but the full story is more interesting): youtube.com/watch?v=1oOLQjzPOFA
A culture of fear and theatre over cooperation and substance: youtube.com/watch?v=QP_Qyh6fZCg
Not appreciating training, time-pressure, and sharing passwords: youtube.com/watch?v=_2UnKLm2Eag

Dazzur

Starting to get Involved
The organisation I work for had our first ISO 9001:2015 accreditation audits last week. We've been recommended for accreditation!

It's eased a lot of pressure and things have calmed down a lot but getting people to interact with the QMS is difficult and there's a lot of inefficient processes in place that I'd like to change but one step at a time I guess.

Almost all quality that is called succes and makes for a good story begins (or ends) with pain. That pain is things either unknown that suddenly pop up, or known pain whose cause and thus proper corrective action was not yet known, or controls that were circumvented ending in disaster.

A short list of ones that can generally pique interest:
Survivorship bias, looking at what you have to identify the important factor for the things you've lost: youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLVIvBidIA
Tolerances, design changes and inspection maintenance of your backup are still important: youtube.com/watch?v=jxNM4DGBRMU
Analysis is not trivial, a big boat going through water/into sand has some very complex things acting on it which the typical person doesn't think about: youtube.com/watch?v=Ty-m4pm8oog
Appearance and spatial design inform regular and irregular personnel differently: youtube.com/watch?v=Tflm9mttAAI (also try looking up design gestalts, which can be important)
A change in template paperwork by 1 digit due to a fleet update, combining with some lax attention/lax control for considering what can happen when people are away from work for a while: youtube.com/watch?v=1oOLQjzPOFA
Trying to game the regulations due to competitive pressures (Short, but the full story is more interesting): youtube.com/watch?v=1oOLQjzPOFA
A culture of fear and theatre over cooperation and substance: youtube.com/watch?v=QP_Qyh6fZCg
Not appreciating training, time-pressure, and sharing passwords: youtube.com/watch?v=_2UnKLm2Eag
Hi Mr Jean_B

Thanks for spending your valuable time to put a reply. Will go through your videos.

The organisation I work for had our first ISO 9001:2015 accreditation audits last week. We've been recommended for accreditation!

It's eased a lot of pressure and things have calmed down a lot but getting people to interact with the QMS is difficult and there's a lot of inefficient processes in place that I'd like to change but one step at a time I guess.
Hi Mr Dazzur

Yes, Poster display is one of the ways to create awareness among the people. I have designed 11 posters for this Quality month and have to display the same in our Factory.
I need one good success story or real-life example or video " By quality how the success achieved". Video and Stories give an impact on people's minds. I have some videos and will share the link with you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SATHYABALARAMAN Quality Month - November 2012 Imported Legacy Blogs 4
C November is ASQ's "World Quality Month" ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
R 'Quality Month' - Why is November chosen in many countries? Any significance? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 12
Sidney Vianna Tesla Lacks Major Automotive Quality Certifications such as IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
S ISO 9001 Quality Management System and its processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
L Assignment on the link between Quality Gurus & ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Q Quality Plan for eQMS software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Steve Prevette Dr. Deming Saved my Job! Webex for American Society for Quality Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 0
G Tips/advice for a new Quality Manager Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 18
Sidney Vianna Informational ISO/TS 10020:2022 Quality management systems — Organizational change management — Processes Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
M Role of Quality Manager in a manufacturing company AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
P Part 21G - Liabilities of a Quality Manager Form 4 Post Holder EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 1
I Feedback on Quality Objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 37
P ISO 9001: Quality Management as a process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
ScottK Opening for Manager, Supplier Quality Engineering on my team- Orangeburg, NY - On-site Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
S Quality and Technology Roadmaps Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
T Organization and personnel problems with quality Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
M Is On-Time Delivery a Quality Objective? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
E Where can i get latest toyota and honda Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
C Quality keynote speakers Consultants and Consulting 6
M AS9100 examples of procedures, quality manual, etc. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
K Size of Quality Department ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
A Quality and Safety in one. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
N What quality training do you suggest? Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
J Average number of Nonconformances during internal quality audit for Medical Device Manufacturers Internal Auditing 3
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Accreditation Matters: Our Role in The Quality Infrastructure ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
qualprod Do sum of results of quality objectives should met a high level goal? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Q What are Quality Requirements for Design? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 8
R Quality System Software AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
M Is there any value in monthly quality reporting? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
R Authorities of Quality Manager IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
GStough Audit Nonconformances (?) for Suppliers Not Registered to ISO and No Supplier Quality Agreement Exists General Auditing Discussions 24
C Supplier Audit - Looking for a quality audit checklist General Auditing Discussions 3
A How would a candidate for Quality Systems Manager role answer questions in a med device manufacturing org ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
F EU MDR Quality Plan template CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
M Quality Manager and Production Manager Advice Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 19
T What is a Quality Management System? Manufacturing and Related Processes 20
FRA 2 FDA Product NCRs- Quality Review Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
W Posting Non-Quality System instructions on the Production Floor Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
CaliperJim Cost of Quality calculation Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
Cats Clause Certified Quality Systems Ltd (CQS) accredited by International Accreditation Board Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
T Quality toolbox decision tree Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
Sidney Vianna A young Steve Jobs take on Quality, Marketing & Business Processes. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
hogheavenfarm Free Quality Professional Books Buy, Sell or Trade - NO Commercial Advertisements 11
T Stellantis supplier quality manual Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
lyobovnik Work From Home Exception for Quality Managers? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 19
T Accreditations as part of 9001 - Quality checks on your company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
P Product Quality Review API-GMP Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
M Who is performing quality control? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
C I need your help to find the action plan for these quality objectives Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 23