Quality Plan for eQMS software

Qualitygirl

Registered
Would anyone out there happen to have a Quality Plan Template for switching eQMS software? We are a Medical Device company and are compliant to 13485:2016 and 820. In the process of switching from one software to another. I have never done this before and am really curious if anyone had something that they used that helped make sure they were hitting all the necessary bases for a somewhat smooth transition.

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
That's going to be a challenge as there's a *lot* to consider! Do you have a plan of attack? I would (and probably other would also) be happy to look it over and see if anything might be missing / not considered. Do you already have a data migration strategy? Is the new vendor offering to help?

QuinnM

Involved In Discussions
Hi Qualitygirl,

Your current eQMS should be validated, and the new eQMS will need to be validated. I would leverage the current validation, or the new eQMS company for the validations. I validated my own eQMS system and another time had the eQMS company validated for us (we performed the PQ). I felt the validation we purchased from the eQMS company was too extensive, and not risk based.

Also the FDA has a guidance document: "Computer Software Assurance for Production and Quality System Software"

Best regards,
Quinn

Top Bottom