Quality plan / R&M format - Welding assemblies, hemmer assemblies, fastening systems

M

mibusha

We design and build welding assemblies, hemmer assemblies and fastening systems. As a TE supplier we are registering to ISO 9001 TE with a pre-assessment in January,99.

We have been doing Control Plans and FMEAs (actually catching up on them with a combination of workshops and classes).

I know we have to have a quality plan and we have to design in R&M. Basically I am using pages 2-2 through 2-5 in the R&M Guidelines (SAE).

My question is: What form or format does the quality plan and/or R&M take? Do all five stages appear on a Gantt chart? Must I document, for example, LCC calculations? Or should I write the procedure (our quality plan and/or R&M)in text form and note each document as it is mentioned in the text? We do most of the TE requirements but have not done a good job of documenting them.

As you can see I could use some advice on this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
My experience with Quality Plans ranges from product specific plans to general design & development plans. In the ISO and QS world a 'quality plan' can be a series of systems, if you will. That is to say I don't always see a specific written 'quality plan' per se.

In QS it is your APQP system and related events. Yup - Design and Process FMEAs, control plans, flow diagrams, design reviews, verification, validation - all these together form your 'quality plan' in adduition to other things you do (eg: Quality Function Deployment, customer surveys, how nonconforming product is handled [yes - production features may be a part] etc.).

As long as you can show equivalances in your systems to the 'phases', you should be in gear.

I can't speak to the R&M issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Howard Atkins What form or format does the quality plan and/or R&M take? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
Q Annual SWOT for 4.1? I plan to revise quality objectives and strategic route ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
H Need help on Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
L Quality Manual for a Quality Plan (Manufacturing secrets?) Request Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
S Quality Plan at a small Medical Device Company - Is the quality plan a DMR document ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D API 5CT Compliant Quality Plan for Manufacturing Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
Q What is a Quality Charter and how does it differ from a Quality Plan? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
shimonv 21 CFR 820.20(d) says: Each manufacturer shall establish a Quality Plan 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
L Quality Plan to decommission a Medical Device Facility Decommissioning and Transfer Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
S Quality Assurance Plan template for CNC Milling Industry AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
M Does a process map satisfy 21 CFR 820.20(d) (Quality Plan)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
P Need suggestion on Software or App for Tracking Quality Plan Status Software Quality Assurance 1
A Quality Plan - Inspection method, equipment list for inspection of a Spur Gear Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
K NPI (New Product Introduction) Quality Plan Outsourced Manufacturer/Supplier APQP and PPAP 3
L Difference between a Quality Plan and Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P What should a Quality Plan Include and Examples Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
M Large Construction Project Quality Plan - ISO 9001-2008 using ISO 10006 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
G QMS Quality Plan Documents Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
M Business Plan vs Quality Plan in the TS16949 standard Benchmarking 5
I Contingency Plan that meets requirements of API Q1 Quality Management System Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
A Quality Plan for Plastic Industry for ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Requirements of a TS 16949 Quality Plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R Quality Plan for Cookies and Crackers - Baking Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Quality Plan Template for producing a New Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
5 MDD Quality Plan Templated Wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
L Electrical Cable Harness Quality Control - Sampling Plan for Pull Test Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Z Quality Assurance Plan for Engineering Service Industry Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
V Improvement Plan for existing QUALITY TEAM Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
Q PQP (Project Quality Plan) and QCP (Quality Control Plan) Differences ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S Quality Plan Revisions and Numbering ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
I Quality Assurance Business Plan & Strategy Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
C Quality Management Plan example wanted AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
R Quality Manual and Quality Plan for Customer Experience ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
B QCP (Quality Control Plan) from client with EN 10204 type 3.1 Material Certificates Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
M What is a Quality Assurance Plan? Help with Content for a Sea Port QA Plan Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
somashekar Can Documents of External Origin be a Quality Plan? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
K I need a Quality Plan template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Business Plan for Setting Up a Quality Department Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
Q Vendor (Supplier) Quality Plan vs. Our QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Y Improvement Projects and Quality Plan (Examples and Advice needed) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
V Quality Plan (Inspection, Recording and Corrective Actions) Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
P EASA 145 (145.A.30) Man Hour Plan for Quality Monitoring EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 2
E Quality Plan for Relocation of our Production Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
K ISO 9001 Compliant Project Quality Plan Requirements Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
A Supplier Quality Plan for Service Providers - Assistance and advice wanted Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
R ISO 17025 sufficient enough to drop ISO 10005 Quality Plan? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
V Quality Plan for Development & Manufacturing ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
V Implementation Plan for ICH Q10 - Gap analysis of cGMP vs ICH Q10 Quality Systems US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
R Quality Plan Requirements - Per Part or per Assembly Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 15
S Quality Auditing System - Audit Plan per guidance from ISO 19011 Internal Auditing 8