Quality Planning process map - Struggling to define all the inputs and outputs

B

bbeesley

Hi, I'm new to the forum but am impressed with what I've seen so far.
I've been going through the key processes of our business and producing turtle diagrams for them. So far I've done our key manufacturing lines, purchasing, management review etc. However, obviously quality planning is also a key process but I'm struggling to define all the inputs/outputs etc. If anyone else has done a process map for quality planning and could post it for me as an example it would be much appreciated.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
U

Umang Vidyarthi

Re: Quality Planning process map

I've been going through the key processes of our business and producing turtle diagrams for them. So far I've done our key manufacturing lines, purchasing, management review etc. However, obviously quality planning is also a key process but I'm struggling to define all the inputs/outputs etc. If anyone else has done a process map for quality planning and could post it for me as an example it would be much appreciated.
Hello bbeesley,

:bigwave:Welcome to the cove:bigwave:

You will find a lot of material on the subject, just go to the top of this page and click on the 'Post Attachment List', type in the key words and off you go.

Umang :D

B

brahmaiah

Are you refering to ISO9001 OR TS16949? If possible let us know clause no. reference.
V.J.Brahmaiah

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bbeesley

We're certified to ISO 9001:2008 so its clause 5.4.2 for the QMS and 7.1 for the product.

B

brahmaiah

We're certified to ISO 9001:2008 so its clause 5.4.2 for the QMS and 7.1 for the product.
All thatyou need to meet quality planning requirement is to include relevant documents in your system.The relevant documents for iso9001-2008 are :
1.Paragraphs in apex manual refering to quality planning requirements .
A diagram showing the interaction of various processes of the organization including QUALITY PLANNING
2.Process flow diagrams of various products.
3.Quality plans for all products
V.J.Brahmaiah

B

bbeesley

All thatyou need to meet quality planning requirement is to include relevant documents in your system.The relevant documents for iso9001-2008 are :
A diagram showing the interaction of various processes of the organization including QUALITY PLANNING
V.J.Brahmaiah
I'm pretty sure we already satisfy the requirements of 5.4.2 and 7.1. Personally I feel turtle diagrams are a really good way of demonstrating the functions of a process to an operator. I'm not looking at it from a compliance standpoint, I just feel that having a turtle diagram for each of our processes adds value to our IMS from a training perspective.

B

brahmaiah

I'm pretty sure we already satisfy the requirements of 5.4.2 and 7.1. Personally I feel turtle diagrams are a really good way of demonstrating the functions of a process to an operator. I'm not looking at it from a compliance standpoint, I just feel that having a turtle diagram for each of our processes adds value to our IMS from a training perspective.
Turtle diagrams are used to illustrate a procedure and not a process.If you have a unique method of using Turtles anywhere there is no bar in the standard.
V.J.Brahmaiah

V.J.Brahmaiah
I don't believe this is necessary. ISO 9001 doesn't require 'quality plans for all products', nor does it require a paragraphs in the 'apex manual' (whatever that is) referring to anything. Neither are process flow diagram of various products required to address quality planning.

Bbeesley, you say Quality Planning is a 'key process' but you are having problems with defining it (in a turtle) - so there may be a clue. Many organizations don't have a unique process for quality planning. It's often a combination of activities defined in other processes.

Tell us a bit more about the company and what products are produced. We can help better that way, rather than shoot from the hip with a bunch of documents you may not need!

B

bbeesley

Turtle diagrams are used to illustrate a procedure and not a process.If you have a unique method of using Turtles anywhere there is no bar in the standard.
V.J.Brahmaiah
Surely anything which converts inputs to outputs can be considered a process?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
A When do you start the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Process? APQP and PPAP 10
E Resources for Planning for top quality Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 6
M Master Dot for quality planning/improvement Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S ISO 13485 Cl. 5.4.2 - Is Documented Quality Planning required? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Sidney Vianna SCMH Awareness Webinar Focused on the revised Advanced Product Quality Planning APQP AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
S Can you help me on manpower planning for Supplier Quality Engineers ? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
A Risk Based Internal Quality Audit Scheduling and Planning Internal Auditing 2
M Product Quality Planning Resposibility Matrix (APQP manual page 2) APQP and PPAP 3
T Plant Start-Up - Planning and Implementing Quality Systems for a New Facility Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
K Global Quality Department Organizing and Planning Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
T How to Establish Internal Quality Control Planning APQP and PPAP 4
C Product Quality Planning Summary and Sign Off Sheet APQP and PPAP 3
J Annual Strategic Planning Session - How can a Quality Manager contribute? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
T Our products are Security Cabinets - FMEA & Control Plan Quality Planning help FMEA and Control Plans 1
J ISO 9001 Clause 5.4 - Quality Planning requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B Is Planning an AS9100 Quality Document? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Y Definition Does "quality planning" include "establishment of quality objectives"? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 14
J Toyota's quality planning and quality management system documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
D Visible Planning & Barashi for Quality and Costs Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
F Strategic Planning and Quality Management System Integration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
R Quality Planning - What tools we need to use to perform quality planning? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
G APQP (advanced product quality planning) for cable assemblies APQP and PPAP 1
P Planning vs. Quality Buyoff - AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
N FMEA Approach to Quality Planning - How can it be applied? FMEA and Control Plans 1
D Quality Planning Standard needed - ISO 10005:2005 - Guidelines for Quality Plans? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
M Key characteristics in the Quality Planning Operational Procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
H Planning of Product Realization (Quality Plans) - Clause 7.1 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
E Audit of Exclusions et.al. - Quality Policy, Planning (including objectives), Etc. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Why Quality Planning Fulfills Objectives, Quality Control Fulfills Requirements? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R APQP Appendix F - Product Quality Planning Summary And Sign-off APQP and PPAP 9
J Auditing 5.4.2 Quality System Planning General Auditing Discussions 4
J ISO CL 5.4.2 Quality Management System Planning ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
R Looking at 21 CFR 820.20 which calls out in section (d) for Quality Planning ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) - Seeking a simple, effective format Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
P 5.4 Quality objectives and planning ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M ISO 9001 - Quality Planning Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Planning of Realization Processes - Setting Quality Objectives - ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
A 5.4.2 Quality Planning - What are they looking for here? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
K Different "levels" of quality planning and the related documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Seeking: Generic Template or Form for Quality Planning Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Marc Definition Quality Planning: What is Quality Planning? Definition discussion Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 4
R How would you work without a quality management system? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
H Updating Quality Manual to API Q1 Service Industry Specific Topics 4
R Electrical contractor Project Quality Management Plan Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
D Supplier Quality - How to classify a supplier level Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
R China Quality Certification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
S Quality management system (Well head installation & maintenance) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
V Quality review Meeting with Customer for complaints we received Customer Complaints 6