Quality Plans - Does ISO 9001:2000 require the use of Quality plans?

Chickenlips

Starting to get Involved
Does ISO9000:2000 require the use of Quality plans? If so, are the Quality Plans that they are referring to the same as a Control Plan, or is it something different?

Thanks! :bonk:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
N

noboxwine

1) Not required anywhere in the standard.
2) NOTE 1 in 7.1 mentions that a Quality Plan is one type of guideline you may use for Product Development planning. But, you can and should develop your planning process suitable to the needs of your organization. Don't let the buzzword concern you.
3) I use simple flow charts that map the process from start to finish, referencing the appropriate documents along the way.
4) Traditional Quality Plans and Control Plans are very different in format, thought they do mostly intend to provide the same result. Unless automotive, I will always choose a more friendly type than any AIAG mandated document format.
5) Hope this helps & good luck.

Chickenlips

Starting to get Involved
noboxwine:

Thanks for your help! That's what I was hoping. I was planning on using Flowcharts, but in my experience with QS9000, those weren't good enough. This makes my day a little easier!

J

Jcftiama

Hi

Gday,

Im currently setting up the QA/QC plan of my company along with all the SOPs as well s the GMP manual. SO we are basically just starting up right now. Im really having trouble doing this since i was previously a a lab person. any ideas on how to prepare the QA/QC plan of let say a chicken frankfurter? from receiving to dispatchin. IM the the only QA person here and everybody else is doing production. so i basically audit the whole system. I would appreciate an example of a QA/QC plan format... thanks to all

Chickenlips said:
Does ISO9000:2000 require the use of Quality plans? If so, are the Quality Plans that they are referring to the same as a Control Plan, or is it something different?QUOTE]

Note 1 in 7.1 mentions the quality plan, but the key is the line just above it. I have found the output to quite often be several documents. For example, the output may be a control plan, a drawing, a BOM, an inspection checksheet, and specific work instruction. You may, call all of those combined as the quality plan. There is no specified format...for a reason.

K

kl_ravi

Our Quality plan format is very simple. Attached is a quality plan format Document template (*.dot) used to inspect a component as per drawing at the final stage. You can modify it to your requirements.

PS:- I am unable to upload *.DOT, Ms Word Document template. It says invalid file. So I had to zip it.

Attachments

J

Jcftiama

Thanks

THanks to db and Kl_rav for replying. ic what u mean. i kind of mixed up my process flow as well as the quality plan into one. i went as far as describing what not to do at a particular step. il try to adapt what u have given me..

thanks,...

J

D

dmp06

Re: Quality Plans - Does ISO9001:2000 require the use of Quality plans?

I use Quality Plans to define the objectives, targets and measurables. Once the objectives are set based on customer satisfaction and other metrics, plans need to be in place to obtain the objectives target.

Just another option.

:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J How to make Quality Control plans Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
V What plans have been put in place to achieve quality objectives? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M Controls to ensure that Quality Plans are accurate APQP and PPAP 2
B Control Plans for Quality Management System Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Steps to Complete Quality Control Plans and Work Instruction Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
C Writing Quality Management Plans for a Tender Submission Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
A Recertification ISO 9001:2008 - 5 Different Divisions, so 5 Different Quality Plans ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
K Internal Auditing of Project Quality Plans General Auditing Discussions 5
B Is anyone familar with ISO 10005 Guideline for Quality Plans? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
A Management changes - Changing the apex manual of the company and Quality Plans Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
somashekar ISO 10005:2005 - Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Plans. Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
L ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q10005-2005: Quality management ? Guidelines for quality plans Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
J Quality Manuals and Quality Plans - Whats the difference? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 31
D Quality Planning Standard needed - ISO 10005:2005 - Guidelines for Quality Plans? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
H Planning of Product Realization (Quality Plans) - Clause 7.1 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J Supplier Quality Plans - Non-automotive company - Seeking examples Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
W ISO 10005 Guidelines for Quality Plans - Do we need an SOP? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
I Quality R&D - How to apply quality principles/plans to a strict design R&D setting? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
A 4.2.3a "Preparation of Quality Plans" vs. 4.2.3.7 "Control Plan" - Differences? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
D Quality plans - How much detail is required? What is typically included? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
R How would you work without a quality management system? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
H Updating Quality Manual to API Q1 Service Industry Specific Topics 4
R Electrical contractor Project Quality Management Plan Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
D Supplier Quality - How to classify a supplier level Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
R China Quality Certification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
S Quality management system (Well head installation & maintenance) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
V Quality review Meeting with Customer for complaints we received Customer Complaints 6
F Supplier Quality Assurance Job Openings - 8/2020 Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
G Copy of withdrawn ISO 9001:1994 Quality Management Standard ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
C Quality, efficiency and effectiveness of daily work routines Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
P How to develop executable quality management system for rookies? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
Q Quality Technician (calibration / metrology) - Memphis, TN Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 1
M Requirement to manufacture under a quality management system EU Medical Device Regulations 4
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Ajit Basrur FDA News Harmonizing and Modernizing Regulation of Medical Device Quality Systems (7-2020) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
J Interview with Director of Quality Career and Occupation Discussions 18
A IATF 16949 4.3.1 - Determining the scope of the quality management system - supplemental IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
B Quality manual for automotive industry wanted Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
M Quality management certification required by Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
A Building up a global quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A Building up a global quality management system 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S Looking for Quality Content to Build Medical Device Curriculum - Concept to Commercialization Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
M Quality Metrics Questions Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
F Quality manual for trading company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
John Broomfield Informational Terms used in quality management [Deleted] Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
D Imaging/Image Quality Standards Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
D Quality Team Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
V Quality Objectives - ISO 9001 2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26