Quality Policy vs. Objectives, Goals, Mission, Target, Vision - Differences

Randy

Super Moderator
I think Ted, Kevin, and yes, Rosie (oh how I hate to be nice) are pretty right on. What they are stating is pretty much how I try to portray the relationships of the variety of "systems" out there in the world. To continue with the mindset that "the ?MS" is a stand alone, "special" way of doing things is detriminal to good business management on the whole.

R

RosieA

Gasp! Be still my foolish heart! Validation of my worth from Randy!! :lmao:

Since this posting I have changed jobs, and did a second upgrade to the 2000 rev with the new company. While my last employer had done a good job of linking their Mission-Vision-Quality Policy and objectives, my new employer doesn't even have a Mission/Vision Statement. And don't see why they need one.(culture shock)

So I started with what we had, a Quality Policy, and tried to show them how the quality policy is linked to objectives. It was a good exercise and they "got it". If you'd like a copy of the handout I did, send me a PM with your email.

I used to wonder why companies do Mission Statements...it always seemed like a blinding statement of the obvious, but I have changed my opinion over the years. Companies very often stray from their core competancies, and usually fail as a result. The Mission Statement really helps companies stay focused on what they do best.

I

Ingeniero1

Kind of late entering into this challenging discussion on word interpretation... but FWIW -

Goals, objectives, targets:
I always said that my goal was to attain my objectives and hit my targets.

Quality:
I like to KISS :eek: Therefore, to me Quality simply describes something that is as it expected to be, function, etc. There is not poor quality, good quality, better quality, or such. Anything less than or short of as expected, is not quality.

My 2¢

Alex

I

Ingeniero1

Speaking of 'variable' Quality - - -

Off Topic? I’m not sure, but I just have to share with you something I heard a few minutes ago. I have heard this type of statement many times before, but never as concisely and to the point as one of our technicians just put it:

When asked whether an instrument that he was testing was good, the technician, without one iota of hesitation, replied:
“Just how badly does the customer want it?” :biglaugh:

Something to remember – and this guy doesn’t even work in sales! :rolleyes:

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Claes Gefvenberg said:
Perhaps some graphics could be of use here? I doodled a bit and came up with this picture. Opinions?

:paint:
Claes
Want to try the attachment again?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
"Blast from the past" from about 20 years ago. Some things never change... ;)

Top Bottom