Quality Procedure Re Writes

Q

Q.A.Jim

OK here I am again..setting up another Quality System.
Now comes my big question. Do I have to re-write all my procedures to align with the new numbering index or can I use a X Ref Matrix...
I Am converting from AS9100:1994 to AS9100:2000

I had typing !!

Jim

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jimmy Olson

Hi Jim and welcome to the cove :bigwave:

I'm not sure if i totally understand. Are you talking about the procedure numbers? If that's the case, there is no need to change them. If you have a numbering system that your company uses for your procedures, keep it.

If you are talking about references to the standard, you should change those to reflect the new standard.

I hope this doesn't confuse you more. If I am totally missing the question please let me know and I'll try again. :vfunny:

N

Nosmo King

Richard Olson said:

If you are talking about references to the standard, you should change those to reflect the new standard.
Or - even better - consider to remove all references to ISO 9001 in procedures. Such references have no business purpose.

I will agree with Nosmo on this (even though she hasn't lead me to the sunken gold :rolleyes: ). If you are talking about changing your training procedure from P18 to P622, then do what makes sense. If it makes sense to change, then change. Otherwise, keep them the way they are. No where in the standard does it tell you how to identify your documents. I'm not even sure you need a matrix for reference. It might help in setting up the system and in auditing, but for the normal user it is probably a waste.

If, your procedure for training references, or worse yet quotes, 4.18, then remove the reference (if possible). It probably doesn't add anything to the procedure, but instead creates a bear trap!

M

M Greenaway

Not wishing to drag the discussion off topic, so to speak, but have you defined your processes QAJim ?

Q

Q.A.Jim

M Greenaway, Yes I have and I do have a well written Procedures manual completed from the last Q.A. Manager.
:smokin: So there is very little to be added to brig it up to speed for the new standard, except information from my post .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Procedure on Privacy Policy in the ISO 13485 quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R ISO 13485 Software validation procedure and Quality Objectives Monitoring wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
A Critical Supplier/Quality Agreement Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
A Definition Difference between Quality System Procedure and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 4
C Example Work Instruction/Procedure for AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
A Operational Procedure for an IT Service Industry Quality Department Service Industry Specific Topics 1
M Incoming, In-Process, Final and Outgoing Quality Inspection Procedure examples Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
J Quality Procedure to handle some standard Medical Device Processes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Marc Acronym ANPQP - Alliance New Product Quality Procedure Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 2
M Quality Control Procedure and Procedure for Evaluating Sub Contractor Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
A Can I do Quality System Audit instead of Procedure Audit in this scenario? Internal Auditing 9
R Level of Detail in a Quality Manual vs. a Procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
A Quality Procedure for 7.6 Calibration Question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M GM Quality System Basic - Banking & Bypass Procedure in Change Management Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
1 Stop Ship/Build or something like a Quality Alert template or procedure example Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
S QMS (Quality Management System) and Calibration Procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
R Quality Management System Template (Quality Management Procedure document) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
R Quality Manual and Procedure Preferences (Stand Alone Documents?) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 21
T Periodic Quality Manual and Procedure Review Requirements General Auditing Discussions 5
M Quality System Procedure for HR Function needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
D Quality Manual ISO 9001 Clause 7.3 Procedure examples wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
S Boss wants Quality Procedure for ISO 9001 Clause 8.1 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
V Integration of Quality Manual and Procedure Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 13
J Quality Escapes Procedure (requirement for FAR 21.137 (n)) needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
N Seeking supply chain diagram & supplier quality performance procedure Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
M Quality Cost Control procedure wanted Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
J Quality Cost Summary Report/Procedure? Cost of Quality Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
C Need a procedure or outline on Good Practices for Completing Quality Records/Document Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Sample Retention Requirements - Quality Records procedure - ISO13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
A CFO trying to turn Quality procedure for Purchasing into a purchasing manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
A Advice on a Procedure that is contained in our Quality Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
A Documented Procedure in Quality Manual ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Is it true that the Quality Manual cannot be a Procedure? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 13
J Quality Management System Procedure needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
P Quality Procedure vs. Operating Procedure - Is it necessary to have both? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
P One page quality procedure - Changing format of our quality procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
R Procedure does not adequately identify quality records - Audit Minor NC - Why? General Auditing Discussions 8
M Key characteristics in the Quality Planning Operational Procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Internal Quality Audit - Seeking Example Procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
sardonyx Design Laboratory Notebook Procedure in your design control or quality system? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
sardonyx What is the difference between the quality process and quality procedure? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
M A common APQP between different companies? Alliance New Product Quality Procedure APQP and PPAP 12
B Quality Manager wants a Cost of quality (COQ) procedure in our QMS Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
G Quality Circles - What kind of procedure do I need and does anyone have one to share? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
N If we have a complete procedure in our Quality Manual do we need another one? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 6
N Quality Procedure numbering - Transitioning Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Management Review: Separate Procedure or Description in Quality Manual? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 101
S Quality Procedure and Work Instruction templates - Level 2 and Level 3 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
A Operational Risk - Quality system procedure should cover all eventualities Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
Claes Gefvenberg 4.16 - Procedure for control of quality records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2