Quality Records Register Requirements - ISO 9001:2008

J

jennyjones

Hello

Can any one help? I have been criticised in our yearly cert audit ISO 9001:2008 for not keeping a quality records register. Does anyone know exactly what records should be on this and in what form.

Thank you

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
Re: Quality Records Register 9001:2008

Hi Jenny,

There is no specific requirement for such document.

Did the auditor raise a nonconformity? If so, what clause in the standard was it against?

Else, did the auditor say why she thinks you need such register?

J

jennyjones

Thanks for the reply it was raised it as a minor non conformity. 4.2.4 . How I understood the doc was that all I needed was a procedure. When I questioned it they said that records were a specific type of doc not just anything that was recorded into and that I should refer to the standard for guidance. I still not too sure and there's only one of me in a small company.

Richard Regalado

Trusted Information Resource

Thanks for the reply it was raised it as a minor non conformity. 4.2.4 . How I understood the doc was that all I needed was a procedure. When I questioned it they said that records were a specific type of doc not just anything that was recorded into and that I should refer to the standard for guidance. I still not too sure and there's only one of me in a small company.
Hi jennyjones. Can you please state the minor nonconformity in verbatim?

Regards,
Richard

J

jennyjones

Its bugging me big time Pancho. The only thing I can think of is that somewhere in our Quality Manual we agreed to keep certain records on a register - so I am going to go and have a look at it from this perspective.

You know how these things can ruin a Sunday afternoon!:)

J

jennyjones

Richard,

I can't at the minute because I am not at work. If you are still interested I will get it tomorrow and post it verbatim. I appreciate your interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

qusys

Its bugging me big time Pancho. The only thing I can think of is that somewhere in our Quality Manual we agreed to keep certain records on a register - so I am going to go and have a look at it from this perspective.

You know how these things can ruin a Sunday afternoon!:)
If you have declared in your documented records control procedure that you have a register where you physically take notice of your QMS records and the auditor did not find it, it is cleary a non conformity.
It seems strange to me that , if it is really what happened, you did not follow this. This issue can open a side to an issue that the QMS is only on the paper and not really in place.
This is more serious than a minor ncn.

J

jennyjones

I take your point. Our QMS is something I take seriously. I don't want to change the discussion topic but I know what your driving at.

If it is as you say then perhaps I should consider myself lucky that I only got a minor NC. Sometimes I am not completely perfect:bonk:

qusys

I take your point. Our QMS is something I take seriously. I don't want to change the discussion topic but I know what your driving at.

If it is as you say then perhaps I should consider myself lucky that I only got a minor NC. Sometimes I am not completely perfect:bonk:
Hi jennyjones,
my reflection did not want to be a critique for you, if you perceived this , my apologizes.It was only tobe an help and support to consider the eventual non conformity under a real light and not as bureaucracy.
My reflection to help was directed on the organization and not on you, because I think that the QMS drives all the organization if it is effective and efficient and if it belongs to all the organization and not only to the guys of quality like you. Only under this consideration , it will carry to fruitfull results.:cool:
let us know more about the issue.
Good evening:bigwave:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Does FDA allows remote approvals of quality documentation. Is there any specific guidance on signing any quality records remotely? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D Are Supplier Quality Agreements Quality Records ? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 9
U Manufacturing solutions and keeping records on quality Content CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
I Date of Quality Management System - Training Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
Q Do hard copies of quality records have to be retained? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R Custom Records and Quality Systems - Products that change frequently Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
B Quality Records - Should any record be signed? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B Records Destroyed - Hurricane Harvey has likely destroyed our Quality Systems Records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 10
R 21 CFR Part 820.186 - Types of Quality System Records Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S Retention time requirement for various for quality records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 1
S Atlassian and Plugins for Quality System/Records? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
C Incremental revisions to Quality Manual, and Training Records Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M Contractors with poor Quality Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
K Integrating acquired existing product into Quality Management System Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Are all In-Process Quality Records required in final QA Batch Record Review. 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
K Quality Records (QR) Control Codes Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 13
H Must I mention "records kept" in the Quality Manual itself ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
L Storage Cabinets for Quality Documentation (Procedures and Records) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
P NQA-1 Requirement 17 Quality Records - Facility Types and Temporary Storage Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
M Suggestions for Handling Quality Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M What to do about missing Quality Records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 11
M Quality Records Matrix Content and Revision Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
N Quality Records - Password and Anti-virus Protection Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
H Review and Approval in Quality Records? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
G Creating a "Records Policy" - Control of Quality Records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 13
P Obsolete Quality Records - Approval Prior to Disposal Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 15
I Do ALL Quality Records Require Approval? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
P Quality formats - ISO 13485 Design and development related records and formats ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
S Retention Periods of Quality Records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 1
A Examples of Quality Records Master List ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Corrective Action for lost project quality records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Are environmental compliance documentation quality records? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
J ISO 9001:2000 4.2.3- Quality Records, Production Travelers Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 9
S Retention time of quality records for parts with Critical (safety) Characteristics? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
C Need a procedure or outline on Good Practices for Completing Quality Records/Document Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Q Signature on Management Review Minutes - Quality Records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
T Sample Retention Requirements - Quality Records procedure - ISO13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
A Action on Quality Records - Approve, Update and Carry Out Revision Control Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 10
T Is there a minimum retention time for any of the Quality Records? ISO9001 Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 8
K Records - Are weekly purchasing reports, backlog reports, etc., Quality Records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
R Procedure does not adequately identify quality records - Audit Minor NC - Why? General Auditing Discussions 8
H Formats for Master List of Quality Records (MQR) & Document Change Request Form (DCR) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Quality records kept "off site", is it ok or not? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 19
Q Minimum Quality records required by ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
C How often will I update the quality records list? We have about 189 quality records Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Defined retention time of quality records - ISO 9001:2000 Paragraph 4.2.4 Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 10
N What are the minimum quality records required by QS-9000? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 1
G Trigger Point - Determining When We Can Dispose of Quality Records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 11
L Good Documentation (Quality Records) Practices - Dittos? Arrows? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
R Identification of Quality Records (ISO9001 - 4.2.4) - How? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 32