Quality registrations

Goodday,

This is my understanding on how Quality registrations are to be made:

In order to achieve continual improvement an organization should document & analyze non conformities and then make sure they get solved. In my company when detecting a NC an NCRF(non-conformity registration form) is filled out and sent to the department where the NC occured. These forms are only used when more serious NC's are detected.

With minor NC's we want to use so called 'scorelists'. Each department has their own list with several items on it like communication with customers or internal computer network. Each time a small NC occurs a score is added to the relevant item.

The scorelists will be analyzed on bimonthly basis by the quality manager.

Is this a efficient and effective way to keep Quality registrations or are we doing something wrong?

Is it better to use logbooks on every department in stead of scorelists?

does anyone have suggestions on how we could improve this?

thanks in advance!

R

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
Simplify by expanding

Dear R,

Like you we use a formal corrective/preventive action form when it is applicable. However there are many other initiatives used at the facility and rather than point to one item to track for CI - use what you are already doing.

Surely you have staff meetings, where current issues are hashed over and actions assigend; You can also refer to any TPM, Kaizen, BRP, or other events. Does you company have improvement teams? Or other key projects doled out by management? These can be process or product related. Every manager/process custodian should be responsible for tracking their own CI efforts (even those that fail) and be able to share them at mgmt reviews or audits.

Our company has a 5-yr plan and a program in place for all locations to track and measure their performance (using detailed KPIs) and pushing effective CIs. The core of our initiative is using Lean Manufacturing techniques (which isn't really new - just put together well for our needs) and so far the results have been great. We hope to be coming out of bankruptcy soon due to these efforts (seriously). Anyway this goes nicely with ISO 9001:2000 as far as setting up goals, objectives and targets and since it is already being driven by Top Management....all I have to do is tie into it. I've taken part by being the QCPC Coordinator, which keeps me directly tied in with all that is going on. And everyone wants to show that they are on board and shares their experiences and especially the successes intercompany.

I hope this helps. Best Regards,
Eileen

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Quality Manager and Production Manager Advice Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
T What is a Quality Management System? Manufacturing and Related Processes 15
FRA 2 FDA Product NCRs- Quality Review Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
W Posting Non-Quality System instructions on the Production Floor Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
CaliperJim Cost of Quality calculation Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
Cats Clause Certified Quality Systems Ltd (CQS) accredited by International Accreditation Board Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
T Quality toolbox decision tree Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
Sidney Vianna A young Steve Jobs take on Quality, Marketing & Business Processes. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
hogheavenfarm Free Quality Professional Books Buy, Sell or Trade - NO Commercial Advertisements 10
T Stellantis supplier quality manual Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
lyobovnik Work From Home Exception for Quality Managers? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 19
T Accreditations as part of 9001 - Quality checks on your company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
P Product Quality Review API-GMP Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
M Who is performing quality control? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
C I need your help to find the action plan for these quality objectives Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 23
R Quality policy review document IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T ISO quality system software such as MQ1 (which is what we currently use) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
M Quality 'Engagement' Effort Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
Q Quality role Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
bobdoering Is your quality department having a "No Chili" day? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
E Compressed air quality in ME equipment (used in OR) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
Steve Prevette I need a template to solve world hunger, a world class Quality Program, and make lots of money Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
A API Q1 9th Edition Surveillance Audit - Quality Policy Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
L Language of quality system in case of FDA inspection US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
Q Quality Awareness 7.3 ISO 9001-2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
J Quality Engineering Long Term Career Advice Career and Occupation Discussions 6
M Quality Management-ISO 9001:2015 General Auditing Discussions 1
M UDI barcode quality EU Medical Device Regulations 3
H Quality planning sign-off in AIAG APQP Manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
S Creating a Quality culture! AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
M Root cause for lack of quality objectives for HSE Dept. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
V Quality Manager Reporting US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
Q BMW Supplied Parts Quality Management -> Is there any new supplier quality manual? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
J COST OF POOR QUALITY IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
ernieto Outsourced Processes Quality Agreements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J ISO 17020 Quality Manual Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
M Resume Review Request - Quality Assurance Career and Occupation Discussions 11
E History of quality Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
Q How to classify several systems for Quality Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 10
PQ Systems Preparing for Your Quality Meeting Using SQCpack Software 0
PQ Systems Defining Quality with Specifications Using SQCpack Software 0
PQ Systems Data Security in the Quality Industry Using GAGEpack Software 0
M Who should quality representative report to? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Tagin Using a meme generator to poke fun at quality Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
N Quality Inspection Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 10
O Quality Management System Implementation framework and Gap analysis checklist Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
R Statistical Methods for comparing test and reference product equivalence for quality attributes US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
T Quality Management System Q1 and Q2 Interpretations Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
Sidney Vianna Informational ISO/CD 7101 Health Care Quality Management System Standard Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 0
K MHLW MO169 2021 Japan Ministerial Ordinance on Standards for Manufacturing Control and Quality Control for Medical Devices and In-Vitro Diagnostics Japan Medical Device Regulations 2