Quality Responsibilities within the Automobile Industry - Interview Expectations

S

selena15

Hi all
I've received a proposal for an interview from one company which is an automobile industry.
what kind of question do i have to expect during the interview ?
thanks for hints
selena

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Quality responsibilities within automobile industry

Hi all
I've received a proposal for an interview from one company which is an automobile industry.
what kind of question do i have to expect during the interview ?
thanks for hints
selena

Hi Selena,
how are you?
The questions depend on the position for which you applied.

They can ask if you know ISO TS and the clauses that can apply to the job.
They can ask your motivation to work with Customers.
Anyway be more specific so I can help.:bigwave:

S

selena15

Hi guys
i'm fine, thanks to God, hope same for you.

Hi Selena,
how are you?
The questions depend on the position for which you applied.

They can ask if you know ISO TS and the clauses that can apply to the job.
They can ask your motivation to work with Customers.
Anyway be more specific so I can help.:bigwave:

the fact is that they have find my resume within any recruitment cabinet, but fro sure, i have no knowledge on ISO TS.
this is why i've asked about which kind of question to expect for quality responsible?
and is it possible to convert one quality person ( iso 9001) to ISO TS? i doubt so
but for sure, i'm interested to get this interview.
thanks in advance
sel

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Hi guys

the fact is that they have find my resume within any recruitment cabinet, but fro sure, i have no knowledge on ISO TS.
this is why i've asked about which kind of question to expect for quality responsible?
and is it possible to convert one quality person ( iso 9001) to ISO TS? i doubt so
thanks in advance
sel

Selena,

Anyone with a good understanding of quality systems and a willingness to learn and work hard can be "converted" to ISO/TS. Sometimes not having this experience can help because a new fresh look on things may be needed.

During the interview you can explain this, don't fake it. In the mean time, prior to the interview, study the additional automotive requirements and possibly AIAG Core Tools. Become familiar with the terminology and purpose, etc. Lots of good (automotive) stuff here on The Cove. Learn about the company!

Hope this helps a little.

Stijloor.

qusys

Hi guys

thanks in advance
sel

They can ask:
- experience in supplier auditing ( ISO 9001)
- knowledge of quality tools ( such as FMEA, Control plan, G8D, SPC, MSA, PPAP, APQP and so on, PPAP is very important for automitive to manage new product)
- Knowledge of ISO TS
- knowledge of documentation control
- knowledge of how to plan audit
- knowledge of concepts of quality and reliability
- skills in communication
- driving for change
- skill to guide groups
- skill to interface with management
- skill to report results

and so on

What is the position? In what zone?
Will they interview in English?/
see you and let me know:bigwave:

S

selena15

Hi all
thanks for feedback and support
yes stijloor, i would do so. and for sur i won't fake it. i have no adding value on that. and me too, i'm not seeking of position where i won't be confort and feel lack of skills.

They can ask: What is the position? In what zone?
Will they interview in English?/ see you and let me know:bigwave:

it is in my country, but the Cie is multinational one, as my understanding the position is Quality responsible, they had just ask to meet with no more clarification
and i don't think i would be in english, which is pitty by the way, i habit to work with it even in other languages won't be problem

for your advice:

- knowledge of quality tools ( such as FMEA, Control plan, G8D, SPC, MSA, PPAP, APQP and so on, PPAP is very important for automitive to manage new product) ----- since there is no mention within my resume to the automotive skills, i assume it would be normal that i do not have experience on it, would some reading on that be sufficent ? please quote.

- Knowledge of ISO TS --- same comment
- knowledge of documentation control ----enough skilled on that
- knowledge of how to plan audit ------graduated as internal auditor, but what is the automotive part i'm expected to focus on ?
- knowledge of concepts of quality and reliability --- i think ok
- skills in communication--- i hope that my training within cove has improve it, otherwise, i have the habit to make training and speech within my org

- driving for change ---- i'm not sure for the meaning?
- skill to guide groups --- how to show that ? they can notify it within the interview, cannot they ?
- skill to interface with management -- ditto
- skill to report results--- ditto

thanks for help

qusys

Hi all
thanks for feedback and support
yes stijloor, i would do so. and for sur i won't fake it. i have no adding value on that. and me too, i'm not seeking of position where i won't be confort and feel lack of skills.

it is in my country, but the Cie is multinational one, as my understanding the position is Quality responsible, they had just ask to meet with no more clarification
and i don't think i would be in english, which is pitty by the way, i habit to work with it even in other languages won't be problem

for your advice:

- knowledge of quality tools ( such as FMEA, Control plan, G8D, SPC, MSA, PPAP, APQP and so on, PPAP is very important for automitive to manage new product) ----- since there is no mention within my resume to the automotive skills, i assume it would be normal that i do not have experience on it, would some reading on that be sufficent ? please quote.

- Knowledge of ISO TS --- same comment
- knowledge of documentation control ----enough skilled on that
- knowledge of how to plan audit ------graduated as internal auditor, but what is the automotive part i'm expected to focus on ?
- knowledge of concepts of quality and reliability --- i think ok
- skills in communication--- i hope that my training within cove has improve it, otherwise, i have the habit to make training and speech within my org

- driving for change ---- i'm not sure for the meaning?
- skill to guide groups --- how to show that ? they can notify it within the interview, cannot they ?
- skill to interface with management -- ditto
- skill to report results--- ditto

thanks for help

my responses:
for the first two they could ask for some training attendance and eventual project where a candidate could have participated
for the audit, you should also have experience in supplier audit ( not only internal) as well as Registrar audit interface and Customer audit management.
as to "driving for change", it is related to the "an agent for the change": probably they expect someone who guide the organization for the quality( you should asl why they are searching for a A quality responsibli: the previous has been fired off or he went away???...)
as the last three , you should demonstrate that you have attitude for those, based upon eventual result you reached in the previous expereinces/job...

Question:
What is the sector of this Company?
How large is it?
Are you informed of their organization ,mission charter and so on??

S

selena15

Hi qusys

my responses:
Question:
What is the sector of this Company?
How large is it?
Are you informed of their organization ,mission charter and so on??

no too much, I've told you that they contact me without my proposal. and i have short information about them, just what i found via googling
keep you update anyway
thanks for replies even for the latest thing that you've said, it would be hard to show, you know: a part of our daily working is just part of others tasks and even us, we do not notify that we have done it. but it is scheduled that i will make some training to some colleague in some topics, i would notify it héhé
have nice start of week
sel

Top Bottom