Quality Slogans for the Plant Floor

S

SteveQM

Hi all,

Please can you guys assist me here?

I am looking for ideas of quality slogans for our factory floor. I am sure there must be some good ones out there.

Is there a website where I can download some from?

Thank you all so much.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
What would you like the slogans to do? Do you have specific goals in mind?

S

SteveQM

Hi Jennifer,

My goal here is for the operators to be challenged by the slogans and to take ownership of what they are manufacturing. We are a second tier supplier who manufacture pipes which get fitted to exhausts.

Thank you for your time.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Steve -- My advise is to skip slogans unless they apply to something specific that you and your company are focused on and unless you and your Management are willing to walk that talk 100%. Otherwise the slogans will become a joke and do more harm than good.

In other words, if you put up a sign that says "the customer is always right" but you argue with your customers over things like returns or acceptable quality, etc. the sign becomes a joke and distrust of Management only grows.

AndyN

Moved On
Hi all,

Please can you guys assist me here?

I am looking for ideas of quality slogans for our factory floor. I am sure there must be some good ones out there.

Is there a website where I can download some from?

Thank you all so much.

Sadly, they don't work. Deming said as much years ago. The money you put into wallpaper is better spent on training your supervisors to manage the process properly.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi Jennifer,

My goal here is for the operators to be challenged by the slogans and to take ownership of what they are manufacturing. We are a second tier supplier who manufacture pipes which get fitted to exhausts.

Thank you for your time.

Steve,

Are the supervisors already monitoring the processes for which their teams are responsible?

Are they spending time with their process team members, where they are working, to understand any problems, listen to their ideas, explain the importance of requirements and ensure their processes are resourced by the rest of the system?

Or are they hoping that a few posters will allow them to sit longer at their desks?

John

AndyN

Moved On
Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your time.

"Think Once, Think Twice, Think Bike", sadly, hasn't stopped motorcyclists being killed by car drivers...

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
what a bunch of cynics we are... although I agree that slogans don't do much.
"Quality is Job One" will motivate no one unless it's a reminder that there will actually be rewards for good quality work in the form of promotion, pay increases, etc. Otherwise they become demotivators and are sneered at with "I work my butt off, produce no defectives, but still haven't gotten a raise in 2 years"

I'd suggest if you feel the need to post anything either:
a)post your quality policy and then spend time regularly explaining to operators and supervisors how their job supports the quality policy and enables their own personal growth.
b) post actual metrics on the how the department and company is doing and have weekly meetings to review how these metrics impact the employees.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Last edited:
Top Bottom