Quality System development and implementation plan

W

warshe

I am writing now the diploma work, which will be devoted to quality system development and implementation under ISO 9000:2000. Please, tell me, what should include the plan of quality system development and implementation and which sequence of activities should an organization follow ? Unfortunately, I have no books in ones I could get answers to my questions. This Forum is more concrete and have been helping many. Thank you in advance for help.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Development of a quality system is a big bite to explain from scratch. The easiest thing to do is get a copy of ISO 9001:2000 and follow the directions. It gives you the minimum requirements. As far as the sequence, you might want to review the Implementation examples at Elsmar.com/courses.html Actually it takes more than this, however. Have you inspection instructions, for example? If so, where did they come from? Bottom line is for every company implementation of a quality system from scratch depends upon the product and processes. there is no 'one size fits all'.

A

Al Dyer

Though not explicitely ISO:

Think about the typical document structure, I - IV. Most companies start at level I (policy) and work their way down to level IV.

Think again:

Start with level III and IV (forms, instructions, tags, evidence etc...) and work your way back up to the level I document.

My reasoning:

Everybody uses level III and IV documents but in reality the use of level I (policy) and II (procedure) documents is minimal to the general workforce. These seem to be of more use to the management representstive and the auditor.

Kind of like reverse engineering.

Just a line of thought to address during your diploma work.

ASD...

[This message has been edited by Al Dyer (edited 15 April 2001).]

Top Bottom