Quality System development and implementation plan

W

warshe

I am writing now the diploma work, which will be devoted to quality system development and implementation under ISO 9000:2000. Please, tell me, what should include the plan of quality system development and implementation and which sequence of activities should an organization follow ? Unfortunately, I have no books in ones I could get answers to my questions. This Forum is more concrete and have been helping many. Thank you in advance for help.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Development of a quality system is a big bite to explain from scratch. The easiest thing to do is get a copy of ISO 9001:2000 and follow the directions. It gives you the minimum requirements. As far as the sequence, you might want to review the Implementation examples at Elsmar.com/courses.html Actually it takes more than this, however. Have you inspection instructions, for example? If so, where did they come from? Bottom line is for every company implementation of a quality system from scratch depends upon the product and processes. there is no 'one size fits all'.

A

Al Dyer

Though not explicitely ISO:

Think about the typical document structure, I - IV. Most companies start at level I (policy) and work their way down to level IV.

Think again:

Start with level III and IV (forms, instructions, tags, evidence etc...) and work your way back up to the level I document.

My reasoning:

Everybody uses level III and IV documents but in reality the use of level I (policy) and II (procedure) documents is minimal to the general workforce. These seem to be of more use to the management representstive and the auditor.

Kind of like reverse engineering.

Just a line of thought to address during your diploma work.

ASD...

[This message has been edited by Al Dyer (edited 15 April 2001).]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J IATF 16949 Cl. 8.4.2.3 - Supplier Quality Management System Development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 59
M Auditing ISO9001/AS9100 7.3 Design and Development Quality System Effectiveness Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
A Quality system vs SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) (or ALM)? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Chennaiite Quality Management System for R&D (Research & Development) work ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M GM's QSB (Quality System Basics) - Checklist for Control Plan Audit development. FMEA and Control Plans 4
Sidney Vianna SI 5 06 - ISO/TS 169494:2002 7.4.1.2 Supplier quality management system development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 42
P TS16949 vs. AS90001 - 7.4.1.2 Supplier Quality Management System Development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
J Supplier Quality System Development - Control by supplier over subcontractors Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 17
F Development of a TS 16949 QMS (Quality Management System) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
Q Looking for Best ISO 13485/FDA QSR Quality System Development Software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
T 7.4.1.2 Supplier quality management system development Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
W Quality System development and implementation plan ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
W Quality System development and implementation plan General Auditing Discussions 1
R How would you work without a quality management system? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S Quality management system (Well head installation & maintenance) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
P How to develop executable quality management system for rookies? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
M Requirement to manufacture under a quality management system EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A IATF 16949 4.3.1 - Determining the scope of the quality management system - supplemental IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
A Building up a global quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A Building up a global quality management system 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M MDR requires the NB to perform "tests in order to check that the quality management system" EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B Include cost of quality (and other wastes) in an ISO 9001 system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
I Date of Quality Management System - Training Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
S Procedure on Privacy Policy in the ISO 13485 quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Defining a Quality System from scratch - Preferred system and documentation names Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
B EU MDR Quality System Requirements - Applicable to Class I? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Informational US – National Evaluation System for Health Technology Coordinating Center (NESTcc) Solicits Public Comments for Data Quality and Methods Frameworks Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T ISO 13485 8.2.5. Monitoring and measurement of quality management system processes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Marc Problem with 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) sub-forum link - 2 May 2019 Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 1
D Templates for Environmental, Safety and quality Management System wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
B Quality Management System documentation identification Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
M Quality System Processes without Documented Procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 39
QIE Anyone have experience with BPA Quality (QMS system based on Office365/Sharepoint) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
eule del ayre Lean Six Sigma for Quality Management System Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 10
S Quality System Induction Training for New Employees Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 16
L IATF 16949 Clause 9.2.2.2 Quality Management System Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
John Predmore Explain Quality Management System (QMS) for the uninitiated ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
C ISO 14001 vs Existing Quality System - How to keep them separate? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
S What are you looking for in an automated quality management system? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 8
M FDA Considers Shift on Medical Device Quality System Regulations - 2018 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
A Definition Difference between Quality System Procedure and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 4
W Can 2 different sites under different Quality System have a common management review? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J Support and guidance with supplier quality management system Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
S Integrating a Contract Manufacturer's documentation into our Quality System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J IATF Minimum Automotive Quality Management System Requirements for Sub-Tier Suppliers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
F ISO 9001:2015 4.3 - Determining the scope of the quality management system ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7