Quality Tools and Philosophy!

Mikael

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi

I have study product quality for a while now, and lately I have spend some time to learn more about all these fancy concepts like e.g.: FMEA, PPAP, 8D (BTW you cannot search two letter words in this forum :/ )...

Unfortunately, I never found something brillant and fantastic, most of these fancy management tools, is more like just "structured" logical reasoning. They are really nice to have, so you can make sure that you remember everything, when you are busy!

Thought I am not satisfied with that, so I have wondering whether it could be possible to integrate some thougths from some philosophers (E.g. Aristoteles, Marx, Heidegger and so on) with knowledge about product quality.
Not just link it to the traditional "Quality is about culture and attitude, a way of thinking" approach (Quality is excellence), that is to easy :). But what about approaches like "fitness for use" or "conform. to specifications" etc., could we with a little help from the philopsophy world, make some conceptuel tools or approaches, which actually makes a different?
Something a little better than the HOQ and the Kano-model?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mikael

:) Actually I work on a tool with inspiration from Kant, but I need to work a little more on it!

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
:) Actually I work on a tool with inspiration from Kant, but I need to work a little more on it!
Have a look at this post in "5S (Five S) Slogan Ideas - Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Shitsuke", the moral of which is to not overthink and over-complicate things. Thinking is a good thing, but not if you're deep in thought when the train runs over you.

Mikael

Well, things can be more or less complicated whether the subject is philosophy or something else (Is 2+2=?, complicated???).

My requst is not that it is complicated, but that it really makes a different, helping companies develop product quality. If somebody can suggest something realistic and simpel, thats fine with me!

I hope that we can discuss different ideas about integrating philosophers, whether they are simpel, complicated or just crazy :)!

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Searches

(BTW you cannot search two letter words in this forum :/ )...
:topic: There is a Google search box on the main Search page here you can use for two letter word searches. The built in vBulletin search engine is just a matching algorithm so trying to index 2 letter words would just swamp the server resources.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Seven Basic Quality Tools (January 23) [Paid] Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
A Software Tools for managing a QMS (Quality Management System) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
W Pro-active Quality Culture Improvements - Suggestions, Tools and Techniques Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
V Differences between Quality Tools and Quality Concepts? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
S Validation of Quality System Tools 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
G Most Utilized Quality Tools - My Digital Camera and Excel Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 8
B What are the Types of Quality Tools? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
D Engaging the workforce in Quality! What tools can I use, or what methods can I try ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
R Tools to wake up the non believers of Quality!!! Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 28
A Quality Tools: When to use various quality tools? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
Sam4Quality Free book on Quality Tools! Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 25
R Quality Planning - What tools we need to use to perform quality planning? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
F Seven Quality Tools diagrams and charts software - Excel alternative? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
F Want to know more on Methods and Tools for quality assurance (8d, TQM and Poka Yoke) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
BradM What quality tools are really used? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 28
M Quality Improvement Tools for the Aerospace Industry Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
L Injection Molding Quality Assurance - Best methods, practices, tools, education Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
M How good are the generic Quality tools? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
S List of QA (Quality Assurance) Tools and Techniques Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 13
B Quality System Basics & 7 Tools in Practice .ppt Powerpoint File Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 20
Y How to use quality knowledge and tools to improve a supplier Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
Q 'Core' Automotive Quality Tools - Seeking a PPT or PDF presentation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
T Quality Vs Safety - Ideas on (BBS) behavioural based safety tools The Reading Room 18
Marc Seven Quality Tools - A Powerpoint .ppt Presentation General Information Resources 5
Marc The Sub-Set of Quality Tools Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
J MBA Thesis Survey - Use of methodologies and tools in Quality Management Systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
V Free Quality Tools for drawing Ishikawa Diagram, Pareto Diagram, Histogram, etc. Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 7
V Seeking: Free Quality Tools - Ishikawa diagram, Pareto diagram, histogram, etc. Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
V Free Quality Tools and Where to Find Them Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 56
C Quality Improvement - What are the best tools to initiate breakthrough change? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 2
Howard Atkins Advanced Quality System Tools - 328 page book on quality tools from Boeing Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
John Broomfield Informational Terms used in quality management Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
D Imaging/Image Quality Standards Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
D Quality Team Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
V Quality Objectives - ISO 9001 2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
E Best way to keep up with pharmaceutical quality knowledge and current affairs Service Industry Specific Topics 1
C Quality assurance in Pharmacovigilance Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
I Quality Policy and Objectives examples Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 4
Miner Quality checks of product QR codes FMEA and Control Plans 2
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 15
M Operational (free) simulation games for manufacturing and quality Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
I Help: QFD House of Quality Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
F Risk for Quality Assurance Department in a Hospital - Hospital Incident Reporting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
I New to LEAN but not to Quality - How to run Kaizen events Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S SOP for ISO 13485:2016 Quality related Software validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
S Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ) - Scrap element of calculation includes lost margin? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
S Quality manager considering data science Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 19
M Specific Values of Quality Objectives Benchmarking 5
J How to make Quality Control plans Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4