Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Quality Tools and Philosophy!

Mikael

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi

I have study product quality for a while now, and lately I have spend some time to learn more about all these fancy concepts like e.g.: FMEA, PPAP, 8D (BTW you cannot search two letter words in this forum :/ )...

Unfortunately, I never found something brillant and fantastic, most of these fancy management tools, is more like just "structured" logical reasoning. They are really nice to have, so you can make sure that you remember everything, when you are busy!

Thought I am not satisfied with that, so I have wondering whether it could be possible to integrate some thougths from some philosophers (E.g. Aristoteles, Marx, Heidegger and so on) with knowledge about product quality.
Not just link it to the traditional "Quality is about culture and attitude, a way of thinking" approach (Quality is excellence), that is to easy :). But what about approaches like "fitness for use" or "conform. to specifications" etc., could we with a little help from the philopsophy world, make some conceptuel tools or approaches, which actually makes a different?
Something a little better than the HOQ and the Kano-model?

Mikael

:) Actually I work on a tool with inspiration from Kant, but I need to work a little more on it!

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator
:) Actually I work on a tool with inspiration from Kant, but I need to work a little more on it!
Have a look at this post in "5S (Five S) Slogan Ideas - Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Shitsuke", the moral of which is to not overthink and over-complicate things. Thinking is a good thing, but not if you're deep in thought when the train runs over you.

Mikael

Well, things can be more or less complicated whether the subject is philosophy or something else (Is 2+2=?, complicated???).

My requst is not that it is complicated, but that it really makes a different, helping companies develop product quality. If somebody can suggest something realistic and simpel, thats fine with me!

I hope that we can discuss different ideas about integrating philosophers, whether they are simpel, complicated or just crazy :)!

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Searches

(BTW you cannot search two letter words in this forum :/ )...
:topic: There is a Google search box on the main Search page here you can use for two letter word searches. The built in vBulletin search engine is just a matching algorithm so trying to index 2 letter words would just swamp the server resources.

Top Bottom