Quality Training - Types of courses in Quality suitable for lower management staff

J

jessica

first of all my boss has asked me to find the types of courses in Quality suitable for lower management staff. The courses could be SPC to TQM to just about anything related to quality. how do i know what kind of courses the lower management staff need to train them for better performance?

what about training hours? how do i set up a training hour quota and meet it?

and how do i go about computing training cost to show my boss that training is beneficial?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
L

Laura M

I got stuck in a download today. Ended up shutting down and ending task.

Anyone have any luck?

Laura

A

Andy Bassett

Hello Jessica

I suppose everyone might have different ideas about this, but IMHO there are about four basic types of training that are necessary for any type of project implementation wether it be ISO or QS, Baldridge or simply process improvement.
A. Problems Solving (With the usual quality Tools; Ishikawa, Brain-Storming, Gap Analysis etc)
B. Team-Working
C. Communications.
D. Negotiations

I include negotiations because i have been impressed at how it teaches people to prepare themselves for discussions and seek to reach the best solution for all parties.#

With these basic tools, the employees are much better positioned to take on any project.

Regards

------------------
Andy B

[This message has been edited by Andy Bassett (edited 04 June 2000).]

J

jessica

Dear andy,

thanks for the info. but how do i go about providing such training for the lower management?
are there any courses out there offering such training? shall i rely on peer training then?

D

David Mullins

Jessica,
I prefer to train all levels of staff in quality myself, or at least internally.
I have found it far more beneficial to teach people about the system they are going to be using rather than quality systems generally, which is what you get from external courses.

I have found for example that internal auditors trained by myself are immediately effective in the field, whereas externally trained auditors take about 2 half day sessions to educate them on the actual auditing and reporting requirements of their company's QMS.

A sample supervisor/managers course of mine is on the FTP files "ADITRNGDOC.doc"
A sample staff awareness course of mine is on the FTP files "employee awareness 1098.doc"

I hope this helps.

------------------

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
I Date of Quality Management System - Training Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
S Quality System Induction Training for New Employees Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 16
T Software quality training course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
G Training Employees about Quality - Philosophy / Mind set Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
O Is the Quality Objective for Company-wide Training as >90% too high? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
A Suggestions of Videos for Internal QUALITY Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
M What training or certificate should I take to work in Quality? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
C Incremental revisions to Quality Manual, and Training Records Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Sean Kelley Seeking Quality Training for Quality Technicians Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
S Training the Psychology of Quality Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
M Quality training through tests/quiz style approach Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
I Quality and Operational Excellence Training Institutes in Europe Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
M Template for Quality Awareness Training to all Operator Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Seeking input for a process-based quality management system training course ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K ASQ Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) Training Help Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
D Online quality site where I can get FMEA or GD&T Training FMEA and Control Plans 3
J QRQC (Quick Response Quality Control) Training Material or Information Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
F What Training should a Quality Manager have? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 32
D Designing a Training Course called "Role of the Laboratory Quality Manager" Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
E First Day Basic Quality Training Powerpoint Presentation or other materials wanted Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
K Quality Management System Training for Staff during this lull period Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
R Training my Quality Staff of 4 Inspectors (plus 4 Specialty Inspectors) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
R CQE and CQA Training Books/Materials and related Quality Jobs Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
Ajit Basrur Training Materials for Quality Policy Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 13
Y Ideas of interactive exercises for a Quality Training (ISO 13485) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
R Quality Manager Training Methods - Learning and Implementing ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
1 Training Matrix for Quality Engineer and Quality Liaison personnel Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Y Training on the Basics of a QMS (Quality Management System) for ISO 13485 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
L Quality Table Top Exercise - ISO9001 Awareness Training to the operators Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
B Value adding for Internal Quality Audit training General Auditing Discussions 18
Batguy CQI (Certified Quality Inspector) Training failures Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Q QMS (Quality Management System) Fundamentals Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
S What do your quality system and training materials look like? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
F Developing a corporate GMP/Quality training program for temporary workers Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
I Are toolbox talks/training a quality responsibility? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
F Quality Engineer certification vs. six sigma training Professional Certifications and Degrees 17
O Employee Training to Quality Documents Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
J Interesting humor cartoons and videos for quality awareness training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
J ISO 9001 & Quality Management training materials ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Quality Training materials that I can give to production workers Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 21
D Where/How to Gain Training/Education to Be a Quality Professional Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
R What training and credentials are necessary for a new quality job Career and Occupation Discussions 22
L Admin Asst looking for training/experience in Quality area of mfg Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
K Quality Management System (QMS) Echo Training or Refresher ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
GStough FDA QSR (Quality System Regulation) Training Needed in the Southeastern USA Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
R Mini game for QCC (Quality Control Circle) Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
B Quality Training Software Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
S Quality Management Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
A How to present our quality efforts to our production people and during training? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6