Qualtiy Planning - Do you think this process falls under 4.2.3b? How about 4.1.2.2?

Qualtiy Planning

Our informations systems (IS) department has a procedure to request any IS service including those for new hires. The hiring department manager determines what the resources that this new employee will need from IS i.e. phone, computer, software etc... IS also provides a help desk service for software application programs which sometimes identifies training requirements for employees. I'm trying to assign the best applicable clause from the standard. Do you think this process falls under 4.2.3b? How about 4.1.2.2? Our quality manual also states "equipment" under this clause.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

John C

MC1
In the case you mention, the supplier (in the form of IS) has clearly set out to provide resources for 'performance of work'. So I see clause 4.1.2.2, Resources, as clearly applicable.
I'm not so sure about Quality Planning 4.2.3. The requirement is similar to 4.1.2.2 in that it plans for 'the identification and acquisition of.... resources...'.
I think the key word is "provide". In your case, IT has taken on the responsibility to 'provide' certain resources (as in 4.1.2.2). The word 'provide' does not occur in 4.2.3 where, in my opinion, those with responsibility for a requirement for quality are planning to 'acquire', ie; acquire for themselves.
Also; IT are not defining and documenting how the requirements for quality will be met. They are simply providing some resources and the responsibility for how the requirements will be met lies with the person who receives those services.
So I would say that it is not 4.2.3b.
I checked through the other clauses but found nothing else appropriate.
rgds, John C

D

Don Winton

So I would say that it is not 4.2.3b.
I tend to agree with John. Clause 4.1.2.2 appears the most applicable since 'IS' appears to be providing 'resources.' Clause 4.2.3b may be applicable for the 'hiring department manager' since they are identifying "what the resources that this new employee will need."

Regards,
Don

------------------
Just the ramblings of an Old Wizard Warrior.

Check Out dWizard's Lair:
www.ficom.net/members/donwinton/home.html

John and Don,
Thank you for your input.

Please consider that the help desk gathers information regarding company/employees needs. If this information is evaluated it can help identify training or equipment/software resources required that could potentially improve the current performance, hence planning for quality.

I feel confortable with clause 4.1.2.2 for resource allocation, however, I want to make sure that I give the right information on what quality planning is, and determine what the IT procedure intention is. Can you comment on this?

Thanks
MC

[This message has been edited by MC1 (edited 19 May 1999).]

J

John C

MC1
Yes, I've considered it. The IT help desk activity has a bearing on quality planning for other groups. But so does HR and Maintenance, among others. What purpose is the investigation and elaboration likely to serve? Will it improve productivity, or is it just to satisfy the registrar or your own need to see the job fully completed, even though completing it may not add value?
I'd say that IT are responsible for their own quality planning and deliver a service, not a plan and I'd leave it at that.
rgds, John C

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L How to understand the clause 6 Planning of ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
H Operational planning and product and service provision when things happen so fast ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
NDesouza AS9100 - D Capacity Planning Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Moncia Production Planning procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Richard Regalado Top 10 operational risks of 2019 for business continuity planning Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 6
E Resources for Planning for top quality Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 6
I Questions to ask when auditing for Organizational Leadership and Planning for the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M IATF 16949 (6.1.1 - Planning and Risk Analysis for a remote site) Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
DuncanGibbons Are there any aerospace specific requirements for material resource planning? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
S ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 - I need a format for Design & Development planning ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
M Master Dot for quality planning/improvement Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
W Tying the need for Demand Planning to a section of AS9100/9110 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
W Core Process Metrics AS9100D for Product Planning? Quotes and sales? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
G Anyone working with or planning to do business in the CBD (cannabidiol) industry? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
R Linking the Processes of Continual Improvement, Change Management, Risk Management, Action Planning, etc? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 5
K Capturing local government development/planning activities in aspect register ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
S ISO9001:2015 6.3 - Planning of Changes - OFI from auditor ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
Pmarszal ISO 19011:2018 - Risk Based Approach for planning, conducting and reporting of internal audits Internal Auditing 8
R ISO 9001:2015 6.2 - Planning Changes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
qualprod ISO planning annual meeting? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Where to keep Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) Validation Records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S We are planning to sell a Medical Device Group Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
C AS9100D, Clause 8.1 - Operational Planning and Control AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
J ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 6.3 Planning Changes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Sidney Vianna FAA and DCMA to leverage OASIS data to assist in planning risk-based oversight audits Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
D IATF 16949 Design and Development Planning IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
E High level structure - Planning and operation control Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
S ISO 13485 Cl. 5.4.2 - Is Documented Quality Planning required? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Sidney Vianna SCMH Awareness Webinar Focused on the revised Advanced Product Quality Planning APQP AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
L Documentation Planning - IEC 62304 Clause 5.1.8 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
Q ISO 9001:2015 - Is Strategic Planning audited? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
M IATF Tool for Leadership and Planning - 2017 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
T FDA Design and Development Planning Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
R Understanding a few points on ISO 9001's Design and Development Planning ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M IATF 16949 - 7.1.3.1 Plant, Facility, and Equipment Planning - Interpretation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
S Planning to appear for CQIA Examination - Tips and Suggestions ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
S What do I have to do for ISO 9001:2015 Clause 6.2 - Planning ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Integrated Phased Processes - AS9100D cl. 8.1 Operational Planning - Clarification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
C Review the IT Disaster Recovery Planning Process IT (Information Technology) Service Management 8
B AS9120 Internal Audit Scheduling & Planning AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
S Forecasting and Material Planning - Are formal procedures required? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
K TS 16949 Planning Phase: Raw Materials purchased from Distributer and the PPAP impact IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
R Audit Planning - Process Audit agenda - VDA 6.3 VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 4
C Software Planning Tool for Equipment Qualifications, Process Validations Software Quality Assurance 3
S Resource Planning/How to identify IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Risk Assessment & Contingency Planning (API Q1, 9th. Ed.) Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 9
A Medical Device Licensing - We are planning to sell another product Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
N Internal Process Audits - 7.1 Planning - How do YOU audit it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
K Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning - Where to start? Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 19