Question about APQP Control Plans

jelly1921

Quite Involved in Discussions
When I read APQP 2nd ed about CP, I got some confusions:

Chapter 6 Supplement A
Question 1
"No blemishes" is listed in product characteristic, and "Free of blemishes", "flowless" and "sink marks" listed in product/process/spec/tolerance of Method.
My question is why "No blemishes" is a product characteristic while "Free of blemishes", "flowless" and "sink marks" are not?

Question 2
in the same row, "1st piece buy-off" is listed in Evaluation/Measurement/Tech. of Method.
My question is why "1st piece buy-off" is not listed like this: "1st piece" in Size of Sample and "buy-off" in Freq. of Sample?

Question of Supplement B:
In the introduction, it says : The special Product Characteristc is measured 100% by checking electrically for continuity" Why such measurment is not in the CP?

Question of Supplement D1:
In the introduction, it says: The angles on the part are critical and two angles are marked as Special Characteristics. but cannot find the control method in the CP.

Supplement E :
"Lighting inspection code SPE J599 May '81" is in Prodcut/process/Spec./Tolerance of Methods, I think it should be in Evaluation/measurement/Tech.. While "Bubble position on the level to be centered" is in Evaluation/measurement/Tech. of Methods, I think it should be in Prodcut/process/Spec./Tolerance of Methods

Supplement G:
It is talking about preventive maintenance dominant process, but I cannot maintenance activities in the CP, why? Or in other words, how to presence the maintenance activities in a CP?

Supplement H:
"Raw material (pellet dryer) " is listed in Process characteristic. Why it not written as "humidity of raw material" ?

:thanx:

Jelly

D

DarrellH

Chapter 6 Supplement A
Question 1
"No blemishes" is listed in product characteristic, and "Free of blemishes", "flowless" and "sink marks" listed in product/process/spec/tolerance of Method.
My question is why "No blemishes" is a product characteristic while "Free of blemishes", "flowless" and "sink marks" are not?

No blemishes is what is wanted, ie the product characteristic, Free of is the tolerance / spec (ie, they really mean NONE)
I agree its vague and un-realistic.

Question 2
in the same row, "1st piece buy-off" is listed in Evaluation/Measurement/Tech. of Method.
My question is why "1st piece buy-off" is not listed like this: "1st piece" in Size of Sample and "buy-off" in Freq. of Sample?

It could be written as you suggest.

In the introduction, it says : The special Product Characteristc is measured 100% by checking electrically for continuity" Why such measurment is not in the CP?

It should be !!!

In the introduction, it says: The angles on the part are critical and two angles are marked as Special Characteristics. but cannot find the control method in the CP.

They absolutely should be listed !!

Supplement E :
"Lighting inspection code SPE J599 May '81" is in Prodcut/process/Spec./Tolerance of Methods, I think it should be in Evaluation/measurement/Tech..

No comment, I don't undestand what this means.

While "Bubble position on the level to be centered" is in Evaluation/measurement/Tech. of Methods, I think it should be in Prodcut/process/Spec./Tolerance of Methods

Bubble position centred is the method, if it was in spec / tolerance you would need to define what "centered" means.

Supplement G:
It is talking about preventive maintenance dominant process, but I cannot maintenance activities in the CP, why? Or in other words, how to presence the maintenance activities in a CP?

I wouldn't expect to see preventative maintemance in a control plan, that said there is a logic to it being in there. The frequency could be long but that doesn't matter does it?

Supplement H:
"Raw material (pellet dryer) " is listed in Process characteristic. Why it not written as "humidity of raw material" ?

I would prefer "moisture level of raw material"
Spec / tol = RH xx max

Thems my onions

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Chapter 6 Supplement A
Question 1

No blemishes is what is wanted, ie the product characteristic, Free of is the tolerance / spec (ie, they really mean NONE)
I agree its vague and un-realistic.

Question 2

It could be written as you suggest.

It should be !!!

They absolutely should be listed !!

Supplement E :
"Lighting inspection code SPE J599 May '81" is in Prodcut/process/Spec./Tolerance of Methods, I think it should be in Evaluation/measurement/Tech..

No comment, I don't undestand what this means.

While "Bubble position on the level to be centered" is in Evaluation/measurement/Tech. of Methods, I think it should be in Prodcut/process/Spec./Tolerance of Methods

Bubble position centred is the method, if it was in spec / tolerance you would need to define what "centered" means.

Supplement G:

I wouldn't expect to see preventative maintemance in a control plan, that said there is a logic to it being in there. The frequency could be long but that doesn't matter does it?

Supplement H:

I would prefer "moisture level of raw material"
Spec / tol = RH xx max

Thems my onions

Great! Please understand that that the APQP manual contains guidelines.

I would not call the CP examples in sections six glorious specimens of great CP's. So, do not interpret them as requirements; they're not. Trust me, I have seen worse, and also better ones.

So, if you develop and implement CP's, do what works best to protect your Customer from receiving nonconforming product. :agree1:

Top Bottom