Question about training

Sam.F

Involved In Discussions
Question about trainning, do i have to train employees yearly? Even if they are only operators? I'm asking because auditors wants to see new trainning records.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Hmmmm. What do you think?

The first step is for you to understand what part of a standard - or your own internal documents - that the auditor says you are violating?

The second step is for you to read the applicable parts of the standard you are certified to, and your Customer requirements if you have them. What do those documents say about the frequency of training?

Funboi

On Holiday
because auditors wants to see new trainning records.
Which auditor? I could see a regulatory auditor saying that, because there may be a regulation which requires it. However, you haven’t given us much information to work with.

Randy

Super Moderator
There is absolutely not a single 9001 requirement for any specific time, type or frequency of training..........NOT 1!

If there is a problem then it very well might be a self inflicted wound because of what you wrote down....and also stated, so double check your procedures, policies, instructions or whatever you call the stuff that says "here's what we're going to do".

Sam.F

Involved In Discussions
I did not wrote the quality manual nor any other document, im new at the Company. The other employee that woked there as a quality manager retired. And i have to do all the paperwork now. *** I perfectly know is say what you do and do what you say***
I have to go through all the documents.

Funboi

On Holiday
*** I perfectly know is say what you do and do what you say***
That is NOT what ISO is about! I understand that you might be frustrated however, we can help guide you. You can change your manual, because ISO 9001 doesn’t require “training”.

Sam.F

Involved In Discussions
Iso does not require training
That is NOT what ISO is about! I understand that you might be frustrated however, we can help guide you. You can change your manual, because ISO 9001 doesn’t require “training”.

Great.

No training required less work for me.

Funboi

On Holiday
No training required less work for me.
Not so fast. ISO 9001 requires that your organization determines competency requirements and takes action - which may include training - to ensure those requirements. ISO 9001 doesn’t require training (it used to in previous editions) but that doesn’t mean “no training”…Your organization will likely require training, however, it sounds like your Quality manual needs revising. What does it state about competency?

Top Bottom