Question on how to use R & R Spreadsheet downloaded from this site

D

DMcLaughlin

R & R Spreadsheet

I have downloaded the R&R spreadsheet on this site. I am familiar with some analysis of variance software but I'd like some guidance with this spreadsheet. For one particular lab test, I have four machines that should output similar results. I have 8 lab techs. I planned on each tech running 10 standardized samples through two machines with each machine being a "trial". Is this the proper way to address this? What variabilities will the outputs represent if I do it this way?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I guess we should start out by asking which R&R spreadsheet? What's the file name?

If all the machines are the same brand, etc., you *may* get away with doing an R&R on 2 of the 4. But - are you doing an R&R on the machine or on the instrument measuring the output?

D

DMcLaughlin

The spreadsheet I downloaded is RandR.XLS. It appears to be very similar to gagr+r.xls. In my terminology, machine = test equipment. The manufactured "part" is beads of plastic resin. I used a standardized material tested in two of the machines. The material is very uniform and can be considered to have minimal variation.I will likely increase the study to all four machines.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I have seen this type of 'similarity' argument successfully used - but I would think with only 4 devices I would do an R&R on each.

Top Bottom