Question regarding customer feedback process

duff999

Quite Involved in Discussions
Does anyone have an example to ensure I am meeting the following requirement related to customer feedback.

" This feedback process shall include provisions to gather data from production as well as post-production activities."

What would be an example of a provision to gather data from "production"?

Thanks in advance!

Tagin

Trusted Information Resource
8.2.1 is titled 'Feedback', not 'Customer Feedback'; so it's broader than just inputs from the customer.

I think the line in the next paragraph of 8.2.1 helps guide you in selecting feedback from production:
"The information gathered in the feedback process shall serve as potential input into risk management..."​

So, what nonconformances, defects, difficulties, etc. are appearing in production which could be used as input to your risk management system?
How can those issues from production be documented and collected to be meaningful input to your risk management?

silentmonkey

Involved In Discussions
Production data can give you insights about the likelihood of a failure mode which you had estimated in your risk management files. Perhaps your initial estimate was incorrect and needs some adjustment. Production data can also reveal new failure modes previously not identified in your risk management file, especially if you have some sort of final functional test in place and you monitor the failures ongoingly.

In my experience, the production team would capture all defects or failures in a table and plot this on a weekly basis for review. Then every 6 months or so you could summarise all of the data to see the big picture of what's been happening and consider this data for input into your risk management files.

Harold S.

Registered
it could be from your morning meeting with all manufacturing departments. they will state the problem they face at their end and ask for cooperation from other department in this meeting. A meeting minute, a request to the management for improvement, and many more are also feedbacks! Do not restrict complying to requirement by making up new documentation when you already have the system in place!

Top Bottom