Questionable President - John Quincy Adams

• Thread starter TheGoldenBlazer
  • Start date

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
Understood, but the nineteenth amendment wasn't ratified until the summer of 1920.
.Yep. Probably the correct answer on a citizenship test, but fact is a number of U.S. States west of the Mississippi River (frontier exigencies) granted women the right to vote before the nineteenth amendment extended suffrage to all women 21 and over.

It was a similar situation for racial suffrage granted by the 15th amendment because a number of states had already granted former slaves and others the right to vote.

It might be interesting to compare "suffrage" (right to vote and hold office) to naturalization. Naturalization of foreign immigrants and migrants was passed in 1790. It set some minimum rules for duration of residency and a declaration of loyalty in court. Gradually, Naturalization evolved to today's process under the U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
.Yep. Probably the correct answer on a citizenship test, but fact is a number of U.S. States west of the Mississippi River (frontier exigencies) granted women the right to vote before the nineteenth amendment extended suffrage to all women 21 and over.
The amendment said nothing about age; that was left to the states to decide until the 26th amendment (ratified in 1971), which prohibits states from setting a minimum voting age higher than 18.

T

TheGoldenBlazer

Relax my cover friends, it's a riddle, I have to get the mind distracted some how. Quincy Adams was a fine president!

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
The question could have been: While historians argue over whether John Quincy Adams was a poor husband/family man or not, all agree that his wife did not even vote for him, this begs the question; why not?

Last edited:

Michael_M

I had several days to think about this. I ran into the same issue. The way the riddle was written did not use the 'bad husband/family man' as the distract, it was the reason. I know I am being picky, I think it comes from my job :notme:

Hazards of the job, almost as bad as a paper cut.

Mikishots

I had several days to think about this. I ran into the same issue. The way the riddle was written did not use the 'bad husband/family man' as the distract, it was the reason. I know I am being picky, I think it comes from my job :notme:

Hazards of the job, almost as bad as a paper cut.
PaulJSmith also saw this in post #7. :yes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E CAR (Corrective Action Report) with questionable Root Cause ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
Mikey324 Questionable Audit Findings after Rules 4th Edition Release IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J Questionable Audit Finding about Revision Levels of Product Manual CD's ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
AshleyE Acceptance Criteria - ISO 9001:2008 Clause 8.2.4 - Questionable Audit Finding? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 40
I ISO 9001: 2008 Implementation - Quality Manual First -> Questionable approach ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
J President does not know what the Quality Policy means ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
Ajit Basrur First Brazil Woman President World News 1
Marc World Bank president calls for debate on global gold standard World News 0
Stijloor President Obama Bicycle Policy World News 0
R Looking into the eyes of your company's president, CEO, or boss Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 16
P Farewell Former President Cory Aquino World News 0
Ajit Basrur President Obama Picks Dr. Margaret Hamburg as FDA Chief US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
N Company president as internal auditor Internal Auditing 6
Sidney Vianna ANAB Names Knappenberger President ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
R Company President as an Internal Auditor Internal Auditing 31
S Procedure Approval - SOPs signed by the President and Regulatory Affairs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
C Who are these guys? E-mail from ASQ concerning a contested election for President ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 22
M President of company wants ISO 17025 for testing - Warehouse distributor ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
D President auditing - How can president audit when he is in charge of everything? General Auditing Discussions 18
V Getting Our Company President to Understand His Role ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
Marc John Oliver on Medical Device Approvals - 2 June 2019 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
Marc The Passing of John Glenn - December 2016 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Crusader RIP John Wilkinson - January 2013 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
SteelMaiden John Cleese Essay on War Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 7
Marc John Nabors - RIP - May 2010 :( Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Stijloor Virtual Reality Tour of the Basilica of Saint John Lateran Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 3
J John Seddon's book "Systems thinking in the public sector" Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
C John Deere Supplier - Are all the requirements of TS16949 necessary? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J Why are John Deere suppliers required ISO/TS IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
Coury Ferguson America's Most Wanted-John Walsh's son's murder solved Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Sidney Vianna The Brits keep coming - John Seddon gets more ink in the British media Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 24
I John Seddon - Freedom from Command & Control Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
H Book by David Hoyle & John Thompson titled "ISO 9001:2000 Auditor Questions" Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
J John Seddon's 'The Case Against ISO 9000' ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 118
Marc Mistake-Proofing, ZQC, & Failsafing - John Grout's Poka-Yoke Page Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 0