Questions to Ask Prospective Registrars Before Choosing

ccochran

Southern Gentleman
questions to ask prospective registrars

Good morning, all:

Many of my customers want help in deciding which registrar to use. I have my own opinions, of course, but I came up with this "Questions to ask the registrar" document in order to help them come to their own conclusions. It covers general issues about registrar policies, then has a set of questions meant to be asked of the Lead Auditor who would be the company's main contact. This thing is a work in progress, but it's worked pretty well over the past few years. I've attached it to this message. Feel free to use it, if anyone finds it helpful. Anything you'd add, delete, or edit?

Talk to you soon,
CC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Craig Cochran
Center for International Standards & Quality
Georgia Institute of Technology
[email protected]

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

Randy Stewart

A question that worked for a company in these parts was "Do you want some Stanley Cup Final Tickets for tomorrow night?"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Questions to ask when auditing for Organizational Leadership and Planning for the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
G Auditor watching tech do procedure - Can tech ask questions? ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
O Reinstating a disqualified supplier—questions to ask before making a decision Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
Q New Casting Supplier System Assessment - What technical questions to ask? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
S What questions to ask in annual supplier evaluation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Marc Some Questions an Auditor may Ask General Auditing Discussions 0
L Auditing Top Management - Meeting Competency Requirements and Questions to Ask General Auditing Discussions 11
G New to Internal Auditing - Best questions to ask? Internal Auditing 17
R What questions should I ask during Internal Audits? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
E What kind of questions will you ask on a quality quiz? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
K Are these questions approriate to ask in an interview? Career and Occupation Discussions 11
E Interview Questions to ask a Job Applicant on a Second Interview Career and Occupation Discussions 1
L Top Management - Internal Audit Questions to Ask Internal Auditing 17
A Questions that auditor may ask during the certification or 2nd stage audit. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
A Final ISO 9001 Audit - What questions will they ask - Help and advice needed General Auditing Discussions 11
L Questions to ask a New Registrar TS 16949 Auditor Registrars and Notified Bodies 7
T How to ask probing questions during Audits..? General Auditing Discussions 34
P Quality Supervisor Interview - Questions to Ask Career and Occupation Discussions 2
K TS 16949 Calibration System Audit - What questions will they ask me? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
A Internal Quality Audit - Can I follow the Auditors and Ask Questions? Internal Auditing 11
P TS 16949 Product Realization Audit - Seeking Plan and Questions to ask General Auditing Discussions 4
C 8.5.1.1 Control of Equipment, Tools, and Software Programs - Questions about the extent of control of NC programs AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D Rules for Paper Forms outside of an eQMS - 3 Questions (ISO 13485) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
D Shipping and recall questions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D Questions regarding process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Quality Metrics Questions Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
K FDA Premarket Cybersecurity Guidance - 4 questions Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
A Some questions about voluntary consensus standards in traditional 510(k) submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
T AMS2570E certification equipment questions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Mr Roo ISO 9001 - 7.1.3 Infrastructure - questions concerning evidence ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
K AS9100 - 7.3 - Are these black and white questions with specific correct answers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Medical Device Identification & Codes - Article 27 Requirements questions EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Q Asset / Tooling Management - Two Questions Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
Q VDA 6.3 questions vs IATF 16949 clauses VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
A ISO13485:2016 name and ownership changes questions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C CQA Test Questions Bank General Auditing Discussions 1
E Three basic questions about ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Informational EU – EMA revised guidance – Questions & Answers on Implementation of the Medical Devices and In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices Regulations ((EU) 201 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Informational EU – MDCG 2019-6 v2 Questions and answers: Requirements relating to notified bodies Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Ed Panek Relevant questions on Substantial Change Form CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
K Beginner in ISO 45001 here! Three questions Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
D Framing FDA Questions - Validation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M Informational US FDA – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Accreditation Scheme for Conformity Assessment (ASCA) Pilot Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
F Barcoding questions - Is there a plain English primer for newbies? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
D Questions about the contents of a Design History File 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S ISO 14971 Risk Management - Questions for Hazard identification ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M Informational EU – MDCG 2019-6 Questions and answers: Requirements relating to notified bodies Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
C MDR Importer/Distributor Definition Questions EU Medical Device Regulations 5
A Purchasing - Internal Audit Questions Internal Auditing 8
M Informational USFDA – Efforts to evaluate materials in medical devices to address potential safety questions Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0