R&M Database

Z

Zanzi

Can anyone help me - please.....

I desperately need to develop an R&M database but have no idea where to start, does anyone have any ideas??????

Thanks

R

Randy Stewart

What are looking at developing? An R&M database is fairly simple to create once you have R&"M established. Look at product improvements, MTBF, MTTR, etc. to document. OEE may be another place to start. Without knowing the core business it's a little difficult to help.:bigwave:

Z

Zanzi

Thanks for the information Randy, wee produced engineered metrological measurement systems - we have been advised that an R&M database should cover items such as bearings, cables, power supplies etc but what information do we need to keep for each of these items????

Thanks again

R

Randy Stewart

Do you deliver the equipment or the design? What to look for is the MTBF - Mean Time Between Failure, and MTTR - Mean Time To Repair. Customer Surveys can help, but if they are purchased parts your suppliers may have information. The bearings may have the easiest information to put together. The OEM will have ratings for RPM, Heat, Repair schedule, etc. Your designers can be a huge help, majority of components used are used because of their reputation, also look at any warranty information (if you have it) and field repairs. Document why they choose the components. If you do design the equipment, use the Design Input, Design Reviews and Design Outputs for a place to start. It would be a "We use these because" then move on to the customer side for the evidence that the components perform to spec. Like most requirements on QS & ISO - if you didn't use some form of the requirement you wouldn't be in business. It is really quite simple, look for the trees not the whole forest!!!:vfunny: I'm attaching an R&M Plan for our die design activity that we used when we first started developing our system. Remember, once you get the design requirements and customer feedback the middle almost fills itself in.

Attachments

• r&mplan.pdf
    45 KB · Views: 288
Top Bottom