RAB Auditor Certification Response Time

C

C Emmons

RAB Respons

Does anyone have a general idea of how long it normally takes the RAB to process and appliation for auditor certification?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
It seems like they usually end up finding some problem with each application, at least based on my experience and several others I have talked to. :rolleyes: After I resubmitted mine, I think it was about 3 weeks to a month.

They faxed out a questionnaire to several of the companies on my audit logs to verify them. It included questions to make sure I wasn't consulting during audits and that I had some good audit and interpersonal skills, etc.

C

C Emmons

Can I ask what kind of problems they usually find or what kind of additional information they usually request? Just want to be ready. Thanks

C Emmons said:
Can I ask what kind of problems they usually find or what kind of additional information they usually request? Just want to be ready. Thanks
I was told that some of my experience listed did not seem to meet the criteria for EMS. They wanted more details. I had no problems at all with my QMS. I think the QMS took only about a month. EMS took a couple of months (applied in August, certified in October), even with the experience situation.

C

C Emmons

I will keep my fingers crossed. I sumbitted the application, witness audit, Lead auditor course certificates for 1994 and 2000 and audit logs containing 61 audits as lead. Hope it is enough.

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
C Emmons said:
On mine, they disqualified an audit of the same company that was a few days short of the required six months apart. They also questioned if a couple of audits of the same company, but different locations was auditing the same quality system.

C

C Emmons

Howste,
Now you have me concerned. The majority of the audits I conducted are 19 different locations of the same company. They are controlled by one set of policy and procedures, but each are invidually responsible for their own internal instructions, forms, analysis of data, continual improvments projects etc. What kind of determinination did they make in your case on different locations being the same system and why?

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
I think the reason they questioned them was because I listed the same contact person for each of them and the facilities were different locations in the same city. If it's clear that they're different they probably won't question them.

C

C Emmons

Sigh.. Guess I will just wait and see what happens. I hate this waiting part, makes me a nervous wreck. Thanks for the information!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z ASQ or RAB Auditor Certification - Which is Better? ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
M ISO 9000 QMS Lead Auditor Certification Question - RAB, IRCA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 14
A Auditor Certification III - Auditor Certification - IRCA/RAB lead auditor cours General Auditing Discussions 7
Marc Auditor Certification II - Auditor Certification - IRCA/RAB 5 day lead auditor course General Auditing Discussions 36
W Auditor Certification - IRCA/RAB 5 day lead auditor course and exam - Bad Experience General Auditing Discussions 36
S RAB Approved Lead Auditor Training on AS 9001 in Asia? E.G Dubai, Turkey, China? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Q RAB Accredited TS 16949 Lead Auditor Course in the LA area - Seeking information IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M BSI-CEEM RAB approved ISO 9001:2000 Lead Auditor Course General Auditing Discussions 6
Randy The RAB has approved my advancement to EMS-Lead Auditor Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
Marc RAB vs. IRCA Certifications - Advantages and disadvantages of Lead Auditor status ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
SteelMaiden Is there a List of RAB (Registrar Accreditation Board) Auditors? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 45
Q RAB 17024 & New Coke! RABQSA Suspends 17024 Transition Deadline ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 8
Sidney Vianna ANAB Accreditation - ANSI-RAB NAP ceases to exist 1/1/05 (ISO/IEC 17011 and the IAF) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 10
M Gaining experience for RAB QALA Certification General Auditing Discussions 2
Sidney Vianna RAB looking for a few good comments ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
Randy Discussion: The RAB (Registrar Accreditation Board) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 34
Sidney Vianna ANSI-RAB NAP (Registrar Accreditation Board) Registrar Suspensions ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 117
J EPA Position Paper on EMS from the RAB ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 8
W RAB and TS-16949 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 6
B RAB/IRCA accredited course for ISO-17025 Quality System Lead Assessor ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
CarolX Quality from the RAB ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
A Web-based, RAB APPROVED, transition training program for ISO 9001:2000 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
Randy Continuing Professional Development - CPD for ISO 9000/14000 RAB Auditors? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 24
Marc Significance of the RAB - Including Registrar Customer Feedback and Data ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 6
Marc Multiple Accreditations - RAB - USA, JASANZ - Australia/NZ, UKAS - UK, RvA - Holland ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
T Experiences good or bad with the RAB certification process ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 8
B CQA plus RAB training = QSLA status? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
Marc Certifying Internal Auditors - Unneccessary, Unwanted RAB Intervention ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
B IATF16949 audit requirement - Auditor request UCL and LCL must be show Xbar-R, IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
A Becoming an ISO27001 3rd Party Auditor Career and Occupation Discussions 4
L ASQ's Biomedical Auditor Course Test ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
M Tips on preparing for IATF 16949 Internal Lead Auditor exam Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
G Same parts but new customer - What will the auditor ask me? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Gun46 ISO 9001 : 2015 Lead Auditor Exam General Auditing Discussions 5
K %GRR was between 10-30% so we have to have a "backup plan" per auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
R ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Exam paper Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
B Internal and external auditor competency to CSR's IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
A Our auditor told if we didn't have a patent we would have to do a validation or verification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
W Certification for IATF Lead Auditor will expire in 2020 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
D Impartiality of Internal Auditor ISO 9001/13485 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
Ed Panek Auditor driving us nuts - ESD requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 23
A OHSAS 18001 external auditor finding personal interpretation? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
S IRCA Lead Auditor training and Exam tips Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
L ASQ CBA biomedical auditor - CBA primer material is enough to study? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
B VDA 6.3 Qualification as Process Auditor training course and exam VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
F ISO 21001 Educational Organizations Management - How to become an auditor Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
J Getting training either from ASQ or from SAI Global - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P ASQ Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA) Certification Preparation 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
M Medical Device Design Control Auditor Recommentations General Auditing Discussions 19