RAB Auditor Certification Response Time

C

C Emmons

RAB Respons

Does anyone have a general idea of how long it normally takes the RAB to process and appliation for auditor certification?

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
It seems like they usually end up finding some problem with each application, at least based on my experience and several others I have talked to. :rolleyes: After I resubmitted mine, I think it was about 3 weeks to a month.

They faxed out a questionnaire to several of the companies on my audit logs to verify them. It included questions to make sure I wasn't consulting during audits and that I had some good audit and interpersonal skills, etc.

Randy

Super Moderator
Give 'em at least 2 months....they take their time and they will verify just like steve said.

C

C Emmons

Can I ask what kind of problems they usually find or what kind of additional information they usually request? Just want to be ready. Thanks

D

db

C Emmons said:
Can I ask what kind of problems they usually find or what kind of additional information they usually request? Just want to be ready. Thanks

I was told that some of my experience listed did not seem to meet the criteria for EMS. They wanted more details. I had no problems at all with my QMS. I think the QMS took only about a month. EMS took a couple of months (applied in August, certified in October), even with the experience situation.

C

C Emmons

I will keep my fingers crossed. I sumbitted the application, witness audit, Lead auditor course certificates for 1994 and 2000 and audit logs containing 61 audits as lead. Hope it is enough.

howste

Thaumaturge
C Emmons said:
On mine, they disqualified an audit of the same company that was a few days short of the required six months apart. They also questioned if a couple of audits of the same company, but different locations was auditing the same quality system.

C

C Emmons

Howste,
Now you have me concerned. The majority of the audits I conducted are 19 different locations of the same company. They are controlled by one set of policy and procedures, but each are invidually responsible for their own internal instructions, forms, analysis of data, continual improvments projects etc. What kind of determinination did they make in your case on different locations being the same system and why?

howste

Thaumaturge
I think the reason they questioned them was because I listed the same contact person for each of them and the facilities were different locations in the same city. If it's clear that they're different they probably won't question them.

C

C Emmons

Sigh.. Guess I will just wait and see what happens. I hate this waiting part, makes me a nervous wreck. Thanks for the information!

Top Bottom