RABQSA Certification for ASQ CQA's - Some Questions

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Staff member
Super Moderator
I see on the ASQ web site that you can pay a fee, take a quick quiz, and get a RABQSA cert if you are an ASQ CQA.

what is a Certified Provisional QMS Auditor?

Has anyone here done this?

Is it worth it?

Can you still do it if you have not re-certed for your CQA?

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Re: RABQSA Cert for ASQ CQA's some questions:

I think the 'Provisional' Auditor is sorta like a learning permit - You have the basic training but need audit hours to get the full certification.

Anyone here know the ASQ specifics?

Randy

Super Moderator

Yeah, that's a good way to put it, "A Learning Permit".

What's it worth? Kinda like wetting your pants while wearing a dark suit...You get a warm feeling and nobody notices...:lol:

There is a potential for the cert to help one's career, but no guarantee.

Govind

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

I see on the ASQ web site that you can pay a fee, take a quick quiz, and get a RABQSA cert if you are an ASQ CQA.

what is a Certified Provisional QMS Auditor?

Has anyone here done this?

Is it worth it?

Can you still do it if you have not re-certed for your CQA?
Ref : IRCA 102.pdf document, Page 9
"QMS Provisional Auditor
Who is suited to this grade?
This is the entry or training grade, and you should consider this if you intend to make auditing your career. The grade recognizes you to have the appropriate personal attributes, educational, professional and technical competencies but have not yet had sufficient opportunity to meet the auditing experience requirements necessary for certification to the other grades. Most career auditors start at this grade and it is seen as the first step.
This grade is also used by experienced auditors who are taking a temporary break from auditing or have moved from auditing to management, but who see value in maintaining IRCA certification".

I started as a Provisional auditor after my Lead Assessor training back in 1997
Then I worked my way up to auditor*, and now a Principal Auditor by submitting audit logs and Continual education units.
(Also did 2000 transition training to get registered)
This is from my IRCA experience. RABQSA may have similar criteria.

RABQSA has recognized CQA qualification for Auditing BOK.
I believe one has to write a Gap Exam and can get registered as a Provisional auditor.
RABQSA site has more details.
http://www.rabqsa.com/newsreleases/RABQSA certification for CQA's.pdf

You may want to search ASQ discussion board “Certification topic”. I remember last year there were some posts regarding this subject. Couple of them mentioned that they passed the exam.

Worth: I dont see any worth remaining as provisional auditor forever. It will be a waste of annual fee. If one has opportunity to accumulate the audit experience in the next 3 years, then it makes sense.

Final question is a good one. I would assume that CQA has to be active to be able to write the gap exam. Asking the RABQSA is the best approach.

Regards,
Govind.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H RABQSA ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA - Which certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
H Choosing between RABQSA Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
G ASQ CQA Certification vs. RABQSA or IRCA Lead Auditor Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
C Should I get an Internal Auditor Certification of Exemplar Global / RABQSA? Internal Auditing 17
A AS9100 rev C Skill Examiner Audit to complete my RABQSA Auditor certification Career and Occupation Discussions 3
A Completing RABQSA AS9100 AIEA Auditor Certification Requirements - how to get audits? Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
J Approval or Certification of the AS courses by the RABQSA? AS9104/3 changes? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 7
J Non-Professionals at RABQSA - RABQSA Certification courses ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
Hershal Of interest to accredited labs - RABQSA Laboratory Assessor Certification Scheme General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
B Occupational Health and Safety Auditor Certification through RABQSA or IRCA Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
P RABQSA QMS Lead Auditor - Recommend 2nd Lead Auditor certification? Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
K Opinions re New RABQSA QMS Auditor Certification Criteria - Competency Professional Certifications and Degrees 33
T What is the Rev C equivalent for an RABQSA AS9100 Certified Lead Auditor course? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
R RABQSA is now Exemplar Global ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 23
D RABQSA TPAB (Training Provider Approval Body) is Suspended - Sept 2013 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
D RABQSA International (SUSPENDED) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
M Registration as a QMS Auditor with RABQSA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
J ASQ CQA, RABQSA Internal Auditor, or IRCA Internal Auditor Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
G AS9100 Course Recommendation (AATT VS RABQSA Lead Auditor) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
T Who has Oversight of the RABQSA? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 13
ScottK RABQSA vs. IRCA ISO 9001 Auditor Certfication Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
C RABQSA Certified AS9100 Rev. C Lead Auditor Training Course Providers Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 47
H Problems with RABQSA - Applying for my Provisional Auditor (PA) status ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
T ISO 22000 RABQSA or IRCA Accredited Training in Toronto, Canada area Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
T Difference between registering as a Lead Auditor with RABQSA vs. IRCA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9
C RABQSA or IRCA or CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) - Biomedical Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
K What does an AS9100 RABQSA auditor get paid? Career and Occupation Discussions 12
J RABQSA Skill Examination - The witnessed audit ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 36
S Is RABQSA desperate or do they offer better value? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 12
T Witness Auditor - Should they be listed on both OASIS and RABQSA auditor listings? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
B What does RABQSA stand for? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 12
P Can I perform an ISO 13485 audit? I'm a registered RABQSA QMS and AS9100 Auditor ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
L Has anyone taken the RABQSA gap test ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 5
S Contents of the RABQSA QMS Gap Exam General Auditing Discussions 4
O RABQSA and IRCA Lead Auditor Requirements ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 27
8 RABQSA Competency Based QMS Auditor vs. Qualification QMS Auditors ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
B Upcoming Changes to RABQSA Lead Auditor Certifications Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
C Using the Cove for CPD (Continuing Professional Development) with RABQSA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 15
Sidney Vianna Para nuestros amigos de Mexico - RABQSA in Mexico City ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 6
Q RAB 17024 & New Coke! RABQSA Suspends 17024 Transition Deadline ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 8
howste RABQSA International - Certificate IV Assessment & Workplace Training ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 7
Sidney Vianna RABQSA International - ISO/IEC 17024:2003 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 10
P ISO 13485:2016 MDSAP Certification Fee Survey ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
O ANATEL certification of Medical Device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M What happens to certifications if the issuing certification body loses accreditation? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
R Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) prep - Practice test versus actual exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
K Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) Exam - November 2020 preparation Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
B Advantages of a corporate certification scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
N Harmonized Standards for MDR Certification EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Quality management certification required by Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3