RABQSA ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA - Which certification?

huntdux

Quality Engineer CQA
RABQSA ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor or ASQ Certified Quality Auditor, which certification is better to pursue and why? I've earned the CQA, is there a reason to add RABQSA?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Re: Which certification?

I wouldn't say one is "better" than another. They have different focus. RABQSA is difficult to obtain (other than attending the training course, which is only the training credential part of the total qualification) and ASQ CQA is more technically oriented compared to the RABQSA/IRCA syllabus etc.

Really, the RABQSA (now "Exemplar", BTW) is only much good if you need a qualification to do supply chain audits - that's the purpose of the class. The whole credential is difficult to get since you have to have a number of audit hours, specifically those as a team leader.

ASQ is somewhat different and doesn't rely on practical experience of audits, with other people on the audit team.

Last edited:

drgnrider

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Which certification?

Looking to take the next step in the auditor progression by obtaining an official credential.

I have taken the "Lead Auditor" training and participate in, and direct, internal audits as I am the lead auditor for our 9001 & 14001 audit teams. What is the next logical step? I have looked at the Exemplar Global and ASQ-CQA information.

Exemplar Global wants audits from outside your company, unfortunately, I have only done audits within my company.

Any suggestions on what credential (even beyond the above) to start with? How about getting the audit experience outside my own company?

Thanks,

I'd suggest you first ask yourself what you are going to do with this "qualification". To be an Exemplar or IRCA auditor really means either being a CB or SQA type auditor. To keep up the qualification, you have to be able to show external audits and also being a lead. When I was doing this, it was difficult to actually get those audit hours.

The qualification is overblown for internal use. The ASQ route is, as far as I can tell both more applicable, easier to maintain and, overall, less expensive.

drgnrider

Quite Involved in Discussions
I'd suggest you first ask yourself what you are going to do with this "qualification". To be an Exemplar or IRCA auditor really means either being a CB or SQA type auditor. To keep up the qualification, you have to be able to show external audits and also being a lead. When I was doing this, it was difficult to actually get those audit hours.

The qualification is overblown for internal use. The ASQ route is, as far as I can tell both more applicable, easier to maintain and, overall, less expensive.

Thanks, Andy.

What I am planning to do... :cfingers: looking at potential career moves (up, out, etc.), either way, it's continuing education and progression. Depending on what I get will determine possible directions.

After my research, I agree that either qualification is overkill for IA's and expensive. As for obtaining the audits and hours required, without outside assistance, there are not a lot of audit opportunities in rural North-Central Kansas. :nope: These are why I'm asking for insight here on the COVE.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ScottK RABQSA vs. IRCA ISO 9001 Auditor Certfication Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
T ISO 22000 RABQSA or IRCA Accredited Training in Toronto, Canada area Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P Can I perform an ISO 13485 audit? I'm a registered RABQSA QMS and AS9100 Auditor ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Sidney Vianna RABQSA International - ISO/IEC 17024:2003 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 10
T What is the Rev C equivalent for an RABQSA AS9100 Certified Lead Auditor course? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
C Should I get an Internal Auditor Certification of Exemplar Global / RABQSA? Internal Auditing 17
R RABQSA is now Exemplar Global ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 23
D RABQSA TPAB (Training Provider Approval Body) is Suspended - Sept 2013 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
H Choosing between RABQSA Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
D RABQSA International (SUSPENDED) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
A AS9100 rev C Skill Examiner Audit to complete my RABQSA Auditor certification Career and Occupation Discussions 3
M Registration as a QMS Auditor with RABQSA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
J ASQ CQA, RABQSA Internal Auditor, or IRCA Internal Auditor Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
G ASQ CQA Certification vs. RABQSA or IRCA Lead Auditor Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
G AS9100 Course Recommendation (AATT VS RABQSA Lead Auditor) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
T Who has Oversight of the RABQSA? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 13
C RABQSA Certified AS9100 Rev. C Lead Auditor Training Course Providers Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 47
A Completing RABQSA AS9100 AIEA Auditor Certification Requirements - how to get audits? Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
H Problems with RABQSA - Applying for my Provisional Auditor (PA) status ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
T Difference between registering as a Lead Auditor with RABQSA vs. IRCA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9
J Approval or Certification of the AS courses by the RABQSA? AS9104/3 changes? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 7
C RABQSA or IRCA or CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) - Biomedical Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
J Non-Professionals at RABQSA - RABQSA Certification courses ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
K What does an AS9100 RABQSA auditor get paid? Career and Occupation Discussions 12
J RABQSA Skill Examination - The witnessed audit ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 36
S Is RABQSA desperate or do they offer better value? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 12
T Witness Auditor - Should they be listed on both OASIS and RABQSA auditor listings? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
B What does RABQSA stand for? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 12
L Has anyone taken the RABQSA gap test ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 5
S Contents of the RABQSA QMS Gap Exam General Auditing Discussions 4
O RABQSA and IRCA Lead Auditor Requirements ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 27
Hershal Of interest to accredited labs - RABQSA Laboratory Assessor Certification Scheme General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
8 RABQSA Competency Based QMS Auditor vs. Qualification QMS Auditors ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
B Upcoming Changes to RABQSA Lead Auditor Certifications Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
C Using the Cove for CPD (Continuing Professional Development) with RABQSA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 15
ScottK RABQSA Certification for ASQ CQA's - Some Questions Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
Sidney Vianna Para nuestros amigos de Mexico - RABQSA in Mexico City ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 6
B Occupational Health and Safety Auditor Certification through RABQSA or IRCA Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
P RABQSA QMS Lead Auditor - Recommend 2nd Lead Auditor certification? Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
Q RAB 17024 & New Coke! RABQSA Suspends 17024 Transition Deadline ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 8
K Opinions re New RABQSA QMS Auditor Certification Criteria - Competency Professional Certifications and Degrees 33
howste RABQSA International - Certificate IV Assessment & Workplace Training ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 7
C Production and Post Production feedback - ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
T ISO 13485 - 5.5.1 Responsibility and authority - Small Company Independence ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
A Refusal to discuss ISO 9001 obligations... what to do? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
A What does this sentence "this symbol shall be used in the orientation shown" mean in ISO 780:2015? Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
B Can we be ISO 9001 certified without a physical office? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
D Test summary report example for design validation wanted - ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J Informational ISO 24971:2020 Released ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 0
S ISO 45001 and outsourcing the transporation of products Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3