Radius Measuring Tools

Currently, I am working on a problem that involves my machine shop not forming metal corners within tolerance. I've been looking for a radius gauge that will measure between 2" and 8". I have found some that start at 2.5" but, my measurements start around 2.6" +/- .050 and go to 7" +/- 0.050. Does anyone have a recommendation of either a gauge or a company that makes either a digital or manual device for this application? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Eredhel

Quality Manager
When I worked in sheet metal fabricating we made our own check fixtures for things like that. It looks like it's too big to throw on a comparator or use repro rubber with a comparator. I'm guessing you also don't have a CMM. If you make your own check fixtures you could try and develop a relationship with someone's CMM room and have them check it too, although we never felt the need to.

Currently, I am working on a problem that involves my machine shop not forming metal corners within tolerance. I've been looking for a radius gauge that will measure between 2" and 8". I have found some that start at 2.5" but, my measurements start around 2.6" +/- .050 and go to 7" +/- 0.050. Does anyone have a recommendation of either a gauge or a company that makes either a digital or manual device for this application? Any help on this would be appreciated.
In a lasercutting machine it’s easy to do it by you self.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

QAMTY

you can use a cad software, draw what you need,print it at real scale,then using the printout,you can use it directly for the measurements, or based on it,do a template in a sheet metal or something like that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Proud Liberal Measuring axial and radial surface finish (16 Rz) on a broached internal radius Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
J Measuring an Untrue Radius - Metal Stamped and Formed Parts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
J Measuring the Small Radius on the Edge of a Strip of Metal Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
D Measuring a round edge - Looking for a 20 degree radius gauge General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
Proud Liberal Small radius with tight tolerance on a torus General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Roberticus Negative corner radius (per ISO 1101)? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
R Radius Gauge R&R Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
T Linear Measurement - Radius Center or Intersection Point? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
J Drawing Callout - Arrow pointing to an inner edge where there is a radius Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A Measurement of a Radius on Drawing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
B AAMI Standard - 6 Foot Radius Patient Vicinity Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
P Corner Radius & Fillet Radius Differences Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
V How to measure radius without radius gages APQP and PPAP 4
D Large, untoleranced radius of 20? - Inspection and Tolerancing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
F Angularity of 2 Surfaces to a Datum which is a Radius Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
D Profile of a Line of a radius of 25mm basic dimension - Question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
M Radius Measurement question - Print that calls out a 5.5-5.7mm Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
D True Position with 1 hole (Datum B) at the Radius Part Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
K Profile of a Surface Tolerance - Part with a 195 mm radius on it Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
S How to apply a Tolerance to a Bend Radius Manufacturing and Related Processes 15
T Accurate Method of Internal Radius Check Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
G Where to find Ggg-g-17 - Spec is related to GAGE, FILLET AND RADIUS Customer and Company Specific Requirements 7
J Clarification of ISO 2768-1 - Inside bend radius tolerance - Metal stamped part Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
T Measurement of Large Radius (30.0") on Product - No CMM available Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
K The Best Way to Calibrate Radius Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 34
H Definition of feature "R" as regards a radius on a print Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
B Capability Study for Radii of laser cut pockets - 0.030" radius Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 15
D Calibration of Optical Comparator Overlays - Radius, Thread and Angle General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
J Finding a Radius - How to measure diameters that are not a full diameter Registered Visitor Articles Archive 19
D What does RTYP on a Print Stand For? Radius Typical? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
Proud Liberal Definition Radius and Full Radius - Need a definition for each and difference(s) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
K Calibration procedure for radius gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
R ULM Measuring Pressures General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Missing measuring equipment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
Marco Bernardi MMC & LMC modifiers and CMM measuring techinques like diameter least squares and circularity or minimum/maximim diameter. Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
Kuldeep Singh Measuring Function MEDDEV 2.1/5 relation with MDD 93/42/EEC CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
M Measuring FIM (TIR) - Two inside diameters - Conflicting readings between inspectors Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
ScottK Measuring thread flank angle on a screw Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
D ASTM C1064 Temperature Measuring Device General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
B Measuring and monitoring equipment - Understanding which procedures to be compliant with ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C ISO 9001:2015 Monitoring and measuring resources. Application a service industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
V Ammeter calibration - Measuring head (on pic.) problem General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Monitoring and measuring resources - Example of how section ISO 9001 7.1.5 would apply to a manufacture of software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A CE mark - Measuring Instruments Directive confusion! CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
M Measuring Capability of Process with Multiple Specifications Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
E ISO 13485 7.6 Control of monitoring and measuring equipment - Assess the Validity ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D Measuring fine tubing (< 0.100") "Wall by weight" General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
G Posting Measuring Equipment Accuracy for User Information General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S ISO 9001 7.1.5.2 - Actions Taken When Measuring Equipment is Found to be Unfit for Use General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
G ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 - Measuring tools not in calibration system General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3