Radius Measuring Tools

L

langlda

Currently, I am working on a problem that involves my machine shop not forming metal corners within tolerance. I've been looking for a radius gauge that will measure between 2" and 8". I have found some that start at 2.5" but, my measurements start around 2.6" +/- .050 and go to 7" +/- 0.050. Does anyone have a recommendation of either a gauge or a company that makes either a digital or manual device for this application? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
When I worked in sheet metal fabricating we made our own check fixtures for things like that. It looks like it's too big to throw on a comparator or use repro rubber with a comparator. I'm guessing you also don't have a CMM. If you make your own check fixtures you could try and develop a relationship with someone's CMM room and have them check it too, although we never felt the need to.

A

anders.kemper

Currently, I am working on a problem that involves my machine shop not forming metal corners within tolerance. I've been looking for a radius gauge that will measure between 2" and 8". I have found some that start at 2.5" but, my measurements start around 2.6" +/- .050 and go to 7" +/- 0.050. Does anyone have a recommendation of either a gauge or a company that makes either a digital or manual device for this application? Any help on this would be appreciated.
In a lasercutting machine it’s easy to do it by you self.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

QAMTY

you can use a cad software, draw what you need,print it at real scale,then using the printout,you can use it directly for the measurements, or based on it,do a template in a sheet metal or something like that.

Top Bottom