Random Sampling of Chickens

S

salah 20012

if we slaughter 600.000per day in processing plant how can I collect randomly the sample and what is the fate of tested chickens if I use buffered peptone water or peptone water and sodium chloride as solution for rinse of chickens

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator
Re: Random sampling

if we slaughter 600.000per day in processing plant how can I collect randomly the sample and what is the fate of tested chickens if I use buffered peptone water or peptone water and sodium chloride as solution for rinse of chickens
Your sampling question is in this discussion thread and there is at least one response to which you have not replied. Please go there and respond before creating new threads. Also, there is no context here for your chicken-rinsing query, as you have explained in the other thread that the concern is salmonella.

M

mguilbert

As my company is a primary broiler breeder and does not process chickens I can not answer your question directly. The sampling amount my be a required amount depending on where your end product is going (which country). I believe the USDA has specific requirements for example. As far as the fate experts in poultry processing may be able to help. The sites below may help you answer you questions.

http://forum.thepoultrysite.com/

USDA

Hope this helps.

BTW We use Solar Biological pre-moistened sponges for salmonella testing. The should also have the process for incubating and reading. See link below for site.

http :// www. solarbiologicals. com/pages/haccp/haccp_index.html - OLD DEAD 404 LINK UNLINKED

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy

Super Moderator
I'm curious, what is the fate of the chickens not sampled?

We've got a gazillion Tyson facilities around where I live here in Arkansas and I know what the fate of their chickens is.

M

mguilbert

We've got a gazillion Tyson facilities around where I live here in Arkansas and I know what the fate of their chickens is.
They end up in our tummies.

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator

:topic: Back in the late 1960s there was a spate of fried-chicken franchise operations in Tennessee (Roy Rogers, Minnie Pearl, Andy Griffith, etc. etc.). As a result, Homer and Jethro did a song called "There Ain't a Chicken Safe in Tennessee." Further off-topic, there was a song on the same album called, "I Upped my Income--Up Yours."

Top Bottom