3. Typicaly planned hours spent by auditors
in their audit per element.

Thanks in advance...regards, Dor Marchan

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
1 and 2 - I'm not sure what you mean by 'rank, but try http://Elsmar.com/level2/failure.html

3 - It depends upon company size and the intent of the audit. If you are looking at a 'compliance audit' (verification - are all the required ISO/QS systems defined in your documentation), you're not looking at but a day or two. If you want to validate your procedures (like in a registration audit) and you have 20,000 employees, it will take a lot longer than if you have 150 employees.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
For a registration or surveillance audit..........
Based on the Lead Auditor experience, the scope of the audit, functions performed and logistics the Lead auditor plans the audit in the RAB required time frame. No other way to say it......

RAB says how many man-days based on size, scope, and # facilities (a matrix). The auditor manages the audit. Areas that sometimes pull extra time ...design, doc control, calibration, process, inspection...anything global.

For Internal audits (since this is the thread topic)........

I typicall do internal audits in 1 -2 hour chunks per team....any more than that taxes resources and becomes ineffective...if an area cannot be covered in that time frame, add more auditors to spread out, or do it in 2 parts.

[This message has been edited by barb butrym (edited 16 September 1999).]

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Barb: QS9000 has required audit days. You say the RAB prescribes "RAB required time frame" (in audit days?) - is that (the required days and basis) specified in documentation anywhere?

D

Dor Marchan

Hi again,
I'm here in Singapore. We will be having an ISO 9002 audit next week...
Maybe, I'll rephrase my inquiry regarding the rank of findings....
There are 19 elements for ISO 9002 (please correct me if I'm wrong) and of course, auditors will have audit findings. During that audit, perhaps, element 4.1 may have 2 finings, other element is 1 finding, and oither element have no finding at all, and so on...I'm interested on the rank (per element) on findings. Is it element 4.9 that have the highest findings? Or is it 4.5 or 4.16, etc..???
Please advise...thank you in advance.
Regards,
Dor Marchan

Marc

Staff member
Admin
I'm still not clear on what you mean by Rank. If you have 2 findings in 4.1 and 1 in 4.9 and 4 in 4.14 and they're all minors - no problem.
They don't rank findings per se except to say you had the most findings in this element, the next highest in that element. If you get 3 findings in 4.1 and 1 in 4.9, there is nothing saying you had the most findings in 4.1 but 4.9 is more important.

If you mean what are the most common failure modes, that's in the link I posted.

D

Dor Marchan

Hi again Mark,
Among the 19 elements in ISO 9002, which element had the most number of non-compliances (or findings - we call it here as findings)? Which element is 2nd to it? Which element is 3rd to it? which elemnt is next?
Please advise...
Regards,
Dor

D

Dor Marchan

Hi again Mark,
Among the 19 elements in ISO 9002, which element had the most number of non-compliances (or findings - we call it here as findings)? Which element is 2nd to it? Which element is 3rd to it? which elemnt is next?
Please advise...
Regards,
Dor

Marc

Staff member
Admin
I don't know of any specific numbers - someone may have some but I don't recall any. Document Control and Calibration were the biggies in the past. Sorry I can't help beyond that and the link I gave above.

B

Brenda Mundroff

Are there guidelines issued by the RAB on how
much time should be spent based on number of
employees in the scope? Or is it based on
functions performed?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Rank Deficiency Error Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
Stijloor American airports don't rank very well. Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 13
J Minitab Rank Deficiency Issue - Binary Logisitic Regression Using Minitab Software 1
J How to read the "Median Rank Table" for Weibul Plots Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
J ?Current Process Controls? and the ?Detection Rank? assigned to them FMEA and Control Plans 16
T What's in it for me - Training session about for "all the rank and file" Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
J RANCOVA (rank ANCOVA) macro for minitab Using Minitab Software 2
Wes Bucey Where does your hospital rank on quality? Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 20
R How to rank Detection for Existing Preventative design controls FMEA and Control Plans 7
Ajit Basrur Track audit findings on Excel tracker Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9
I What kind of wine best complements the Friday that you close out your external audit findings? Opinions are welcome. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
shimonv Rigid rules for handling supplier audit findings ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
J Any diverging opinions regarding audit findings or conclusions must be resolved no later than the closing meeting ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
XRAY_3121 Informational MDSAP Audit Findings - Document change orders Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 12
G Web based tool for benchmarking audit findings Benchmarking 6
Albert G. What are general examples of audit findings with ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
A Internal Audit - Findings - Recent Internet Audit (Prior to Certification) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
M Increase in Major TS16949 Audit Findings IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
dubrizo Are you documenting Internal Audit findings as NCRs? Internal Auditing 18
dubrizo Audit Findings: Writing against Internal an ISO Clause Internal Auditing 10
K Definition of Repeat Audit Findings Internal Auditing 11
Q Writing appropriate ISO 13485 Audit Report Findings Internal Auditing 15
M Do all findings (nonconformities) in an internal audit require a corrective action? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 55
Mikey324 Questionable Audit Findings after Rules 4th Edition Release IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
R Root Cause for "Simple" External Audit Findings ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Internal Audit Findings Summary Rewrite by an Auditee ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
M Help with Internal Audit Findings ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Internal Audit Findings and Issuance Problem Internal Auditing 4
8 New Job Presentation on my findings and plans for future Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
E Corrective Actions Root Causes from Surveillance Audit Findings Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
A Audit Report Findings for an audit conducted yesterday General Auditing Discussions 10
C Should Research Findings be in the Design History File? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
A Boeing 787 Battery Investigation - NTSB findings to date AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M External Audit Findings - TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
L Quality Manager wants Internal Auditor to softgrade the findings - What shall I do? Internal Auditing 23
R Root Cause Analysis of Audit Findings - New Quality Manager Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 20
I Types of Internal Audit findings based on ISO 9001 Clause 8.2.2 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
M ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 GDP (Good Documentation Practices) Findings ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
C No findings from External Audit - Should I be worried? General Auditing Discussions 7
C Sanity Check on ISO 9001 Pre-Assessment Findings ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 35
K External Auditor asking for other Audit Findings ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 36
L Looking for 5S database to track findings Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
6 ISO 9001 Audit Findings Sept 2011 - Critique and Comments ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Medical Whiteroom Environmental Controls and Evaluation of Contact Plate Findings Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 9
D Management Review Analysis of Internal Audit Findings Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
X Audit Findings - The Process/Clause Matrix does not identify all the processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 30
B Mining Nonconformance Data for Potential Missed Audit Findings Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
A How to Address Internal Quality Audit Findings Internal Auditing 8
Howard Atkins Right to Appeal 3rd Party (Registrar aka CB) Findings General Auditing Discussions 23
B Critical Action Limits (CAL) for All Internal and External Audit Findings General Auditing Discussions 17