RAPS RAC Device - Looking for resources / prep materials & study group

missjenny

Registered
What materials would be most helpful in preparing for the RAPS RAC - Device test? I have the book but nothing else.

I would really appreciate any help or advice for someone preparing for the test for the first time.

If there is a website, a course, or materials that you put together yourself that you are willing to share, please let me know. I would be really grateful.

Thank you!!

Tappy

Registered
Hello all,

I am new here and plan to take a RAC (US) exam.

I am looking for a study buddy and/or a study guidance and experience from those who have already passed this exam.

I went through the RAP webpage, found that 3-4+ books (?) are recommended to read/study for this exam - are they all really necessary?
Does anyone have soft copy or any idea of weblink of any of the related books from were we can download.
Thanks.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I went through the RAP webpage, found that 3-4+ books (?) are recommended to read/study for this exam - are they all really necessary?
Does anyone have soft copy or any idea of weblink of any of the related books from were we can download.
Thanks.
Please read the post directly above yours. Sharing of copyrighted materials, or the facilitation thereof, is strictly prohibited here.

Last edited:

EmiliaBedelia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello all,

I am new here and plan to take a RAC (US) exam.

I am looking for a study buddy and/or a study guidance and experience from those who have already passed this exam.

Thanks.

I took the RAC Devices exam in 2019 (caveat: this was the very first time that the RAC Devices exam was offered, so I don't know how much it has been modified since, and it did NOT cover MDR at that point). I only purchased the books and the practice exam. I didn't do the e-learning or flash cards - I made my own flashcards.

I would recommend obtaining the books - I think they are actually a very good reference resource. I bought the physical books and have used them many times since, and if you have colleagues who are also planning to sit for the exam in the future, you can pass them along. In theory you can prepare for the exam by using the free Study Checklist and reading the actual regulations. However, I think you will spend a ton of time doing research and pulling together the information and it will not be an efficient use of your time. Especially for US, the RAC does cover specific laws, and it is definitely not worth your while to read all of MDUFA, for example, just to learn the 1 sentence summary that will actually help you on the exam.

FWIW I found that a lot of the exam was quite relevant to my job, and I found it easy to use my existing knowledge. Studying from the book helped to add context to what I already knew and I found it to be helpful in my job going forward. The most difficult parts of the exam for me were memorizing the little things that everyone would look up anyway (eg, classification rules, specific law references, etc). If you have 3+ years of experience in a variety of medical device classifications, covering international, EU, and US, I think a lot of the content will be familiar.

If you MUST prioritize, you should start with the practice exam. Take it and see how you do.... then, you will have a better idea of whether you need to buy more study materials. You can take it as many times as you want within 1 year, so you can use it to gauge your study progress.

Top Bottom