RAPS (Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society) books - Are they worth it?

lboll

Involved In Discussions
I've been in RA for over 10 years and involved 510(k) submissions,Technical File creation and maintenance and the point person for all FDA/ISO/CE/CMDCAS audits.
I was looking at purchasing Fundamentals of US Regulatory Affairs, Seventh Edition and Fundamentals of International Regulatory Affairs, First Edition from the RAPS website as a way to expand my knowledge (not, at this time, to prep for the RAC exams).
I'm wondering though if these books will have any value to someone with lots of experience or if they are geared toward newcomers to the field?
Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
I my opinion, yes, they will. I have the US, EU (the sixth editions) and International, and they really do provide a fresh refresher and even some different viewpoints when it comes to regulations.

One of the interesting points is, they are all about regulations (generally free documents) but are written in a way for it do be studied - so they are written in a total different manner. For example, they usually have tables, diagrams and figures not found in the regulations that help give a better picture of the subject. This is also true to linkages between regulations and guidance documents and everything in between.

M

miumiu

Hello Marcelo,
My name is Mihaela and I wrote you an e-mail last week about the book
Fundamentals of EU Regulatory Affairs, Sixth Edition. Do you have it as an electronic book?
You can reply me via email on mihaela.grozdanova at gmail.

BR
Mikey

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gargi

Hi ,
I have around 15 months of experience in Medical device industry.I am working in regulatory dept. At this point , I wanna expand my skill sets in regulatory fied( medical devices) . Kindly suggest regulatory courses/certification( preferably online) . Also I belong to a (developing Economy hence plz suggest courses that cost reasonable amount).
Any hepl is very much appreciated!!!!:thanx:

I

Isaac Leduc

Hi,

I've just signed up for the Autumn session 2014.

If anyone have Fundamentals of EU Regulatory Affairs, Sixth Edition to sell second hand or any RAC-EU mock exams, I would be very grateful!

Thanks,
Isaac

D

DanielK555

Hello Paul, I might be interested, please send me a PM with your email adres, so we can discuss it.

Hello!
Is someone selling Fundamentals of EU Reg Affairs book?
I am a Regulatory Affairs professional and I am advancing my career in Orthopedic Medical Device Industry.

Looking forward to the response, hopefully the positive one!
Thanks!

N

Nishant Paliwal

Hi I am a regulatory affairs professional for past 12 years . I need to know could someone help me with 'Fundamentals of EU regulatory affairs book".

I have the one for US if anybody needs that

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S RAPS Regulatory Affairs Certificate Program Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
G RAPS RAC - Regulatory Affairs Certification Help Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S RAC (Regulatory Affairs Certification) from RAPS vs. a University Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
M RAPS RAC - Regulatory Affairs Certification Tips Professional Certifications and Degrees 46
M RAPS (Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society) Brazil LinkedIn Network Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
Z RAPS RAC without Regulatory Experience - Break into the regulatory affairs industry Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
S Mathematics for Regulatory Professionals - RAPS Focus Article Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M RAPS RAC Device - Looking for resources / prep materials & study group Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
cscalise RAPS/Med Dev EU MDR Guidebook - Reviews or Opinions? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Informational From RAPS – Danish Medicines Agency Ramps Up Capacity in Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational From RAPS – 27% Will be Compliant? Survey Highlights Lack of Readiness for EU MDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational From RAPS – Novartis Inhaler is First Device to be Certified Under MDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational From RAPS – Operating System Vulnerabilities in Many Medical Devices, Germany’s BfArM and Device Firms Warn Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational From RAPS: Danish Regulators Seek to Help Smaller Companies With EU MDR Compliance Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational From RAPS – Prep for Brexit: UK Seeks £25M Freight Service to Deliver Medicines, Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational From RAPS – EU MDR/IVDR: US Raises ‘Serious Concerns,’ Urges 3-Year Implementation Delay Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
M Informational From RAPS – Another Notified Body Bows Out Ahead of EU MDR: ‘Investment Too High’ Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Informational From RAPS – UK NB Will Not Apply for EU MDR/IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 11
I Should I get IRCA ISO 13485 certification or RAPS certification? Career and Occupation Discussions 3
K RAPS RAC - Resources to prep for the RAC exam that don't cost an arm and a leg Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
R RAPS Certification Exam Prep Study Group for Spring 2014 Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
S 1st AHWP-RAPS Joint Conference @ KL, Malaysia 2-3 Dec 2013 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
S RAPS Article on STED (Summary Technical Documents) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
L RAPS RAC EU Certificate: is anyone going to put hands on? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
Hershal Just for fun raps Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
S FDA Enforcements for 2011 - RAPS article on FDA Inspections and Enforcements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
R RAPS Certification Relevant to IT Business Analyst? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
F What is the duration of the RAPS RAC (EU) Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
N RAPS Certification and RAPS Testing Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
F RAPS Annual Conference & Exhibition 2010 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
F RAPS Qualification - How Difficult to get are they? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
A New to QMS and regulatory... advice on training/certification? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
A Class 2a CE Mark Regulatory Pathway CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
C Regulatory requirements of cloud platform for devices developed in compliance with 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
A CE-Mark regulatory advice - US based Organization CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
J Regulatory path to enter EU market for non medical 60601 component Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
Justanobody PAD printing and meeting regulatory requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
A Metadata For Drugs, API's, Regulatory & Clinical Documents and Dossier Service Industry Specific Topics 2
S Training for PRRC (person responsible for regulatory compliance) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
V Software license key regulatory requirements Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
H Medical Devices Regulatory Intelligence for International Markets ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D IS0 13485 - Design perspective to regulatory requirement. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T Logistics and 3PL regulatory requirement in India for Pharmaceuticals and Med devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
C Regulatory Affairs in a start-up medical device company Career and Occupation Discussions 1
P Exclusion of clause 8.2.3 Reporting to regulatory authorities ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
A Readiness for consultancy in Regulatory Affairs Consultants and Consulting 5
A A good Regulatory Affairs Manager EU Medical Device Regulations 15
M Regulatory compliance ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
E Which regulatory framework for an app-based study for research purposes? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
JoCam FSN for regulatory breach EU Medical Device Regulations 4