Raw material certificates - CC - Safety products - Sheet metal stamping

Jeroki

Starting to get Involved
Hello everybody.

I am grateful for joining this amazing community. I have been checking some of the topics during last months and I will try to start joining some disussions

I have one doubt regarding Safety products. One of the main process being carried out in my factory is sheet metal stamping operations.
Currently, many OEMs are defining the raw material, steel in this case, as safety/critical characteristic.

Due to it, some STA from OEM is requesting us, additionally to the need of registering 3.1 material certificate/coil, the need of havng the CC/Safety symbol stamped in the material certificate.
However, I haven't seen in any CSRs from customer or IATF such requeriment. IATF clearly specifies in 8.3.3.3 where this symbol must be implemented, but it never talks about material certificates.

1585064138475.png

Additionally, material certificates are filled in according to EN10204, which never talks about any specific field for safety/critical characteristics

Could you support me? Is my explanation correct? May you give me some additional evidence so I can justify it for customer?

Thanks a lot for the support!

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Could you support me? Is my explanation correct? May you give me some additional evidence so I can justify it for customer?

Thanks a lot for the support!

Good day @Jeroki ;

It sounds like you may already have all the information to POTENTIALLY "...justify it for the customer".

Keep in mind, a customer's requirement (even if not a "Customer Specific Requirement" by definition), takes precedence over the standard(s).

You have already done your homework and confirmed steel cert requirements according to EN10204 . I would suggest you also look at any contractual agreements, likely available as purchase agreement via your Sales Department, and any applicable supplier handbook that your customer may issue. These MAY give you an additional proverbial "leg to stand on" and provide you a reasonable argument. However, as mentioned prior, the customer's requirement is not limited by the standards, so you may need to simply acquiesce. Good luck.

Hope this helps.
Be well (and safe)

Last edited:
Top Bottom