Reaction plan in case of power outage

I

Isaias Rios

Hi there!

I'm new in this forum, and my question is if any of you guys have ever developed a procedure or work instruction for power outage cases that I can use as a base to develop mine. I had a CQI-15 audit, and one of the questions that came out was: "Is there a containment reaction plan and are operators trained in the process?" The auditor was looking for evidence to cover this: "Operators shall be trained in material handling, containment action, and product segregation in the event of an equipment emergency including power failure. Training shall be documented. Work instructions specifically addressing potential types of equipment emergencies and failures shall be accessible to and understood by equipment operators. These instructions shall address containment/reaction plans related to all elements of the welding process. Evidence shall exist showing disposition and traceability of affected product. Unplanned or emergency downtime greatly raises the risk of improper processing"
Thanks in advance for your help :tg:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Just out of curiosity - do you have a business containment plan (most financial institution require this before they provide you a loan).

However, do you subscribe to any ISO standard?

if so have you looked at the concept of 7.1.4 control of work transfer?

let me know so that we could guide you - or provide opinion to your next level. :agree1:

I

Isaias Rios

Hello David. Thanks for your response. We actually do not have a business containment plan. We are subscribed to the TS-16949 and ISO-14001 standards.

dsanabria

More important - are you planning to get one and include Risk Management" as part of that process.

This is good business practice and every financial institution will applaud your future business perspective.

M

mguilbert

We are ISO 9001. We are dealing with live product and have a 21 day incubation time. All of our farms and hatcheries must have back up generators that are tested under load at least monthly. These procedures are documented and results recorded. These generators run all essential equipment and some of our computer systems. We had to use this for almost two weeks during the April 27th tornadoes in Alabama. They saved our goose.

dsanabria

We are ISO 9001. We are dealing with live product and have a 21 day incubation time. All of our farms and hatcheries must have back up generators that are tested under load at least monthly. These procedures are documented and results recorded. These generators run all essential equipment and some of our computer systems. We had to use this for almost two weeks during the April 27th tornadoes in Alabama. They saved our goose.

Thanks for sharing of how risk management and employing good business practice in keeping the business going forward and not depending on your competitors to outshine your lack of forward thinking. :applause::applause::applause:.

dsanabria

Hi there!

I'm new in this forum, and my question is if any of you guys have ever developed a procedure or work instruction for power outage cases that I can use as a base to develop mine. I had a CQI-15 audit, and one of the questions that came out was: "Is there a containment reaction plan and are operators trained in the process?" The auditor was looking for evidence to cover this: "Operators shall be trained in material handling, containment action, and product segregation in the event of an equipment emergency including power failure. Training shall be documented. Work instructions specifically addressing potential types of equipment emergencies and failures shall be accessible to and understood by equipment operators. These instructions shall address containment/reaction plans related to all elements of the welding process. Evidence shall exist showing disposition and traceability of affected product. Unplanned or emergency downtime greatly raises the risk of improper processing"
Thanks in advance for your help :tg:
Just out of curiosity - did you looked at the free file? Top of this page regtangular small box in purple / blue...

I

Isaias Rios

David, I will check if there are plans to have a business containment plan in my plant (I don't think so, but I will double check). Meantime I appreciate your comments. Thanks to Matthew as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Reaction Plan To Drive suppliers to IATF 16949 registration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
S Reaction Plan for SPC (Statistical Process Control) Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Q Reaction Plan the same as CA or not? Can CA be PrePlanned? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
V References instead of Detail - Control Method and Reaction Plan FMEA and Control Plans 5
L Reaction Plan for unstable spc conditions QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
A Work Instructions - Process Control and a SOR (Set-up, Operate, and Reaction) Plan ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Marc Control Plan content and fields - Format and Reaction Plan - 4.9.1 & 4.9.2 QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 7
R Controlling Quick Reaction Checklists Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
F Yield reaction higher than 100% Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
M Al 2024-O aged to T42 Corrosion reaction after alkaline oakite160 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
A IVD Classification for HAV (Hepatitis A Virus) PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) Kit Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
T SPC Reaction Plans for Cpk of <1.33 during mass production Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 15
Q Moving to a Prevention Based QMS from Reaction Based QMS Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 9
B Reaction to Out of Control SPC Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 14
C QM wants 1-2-3 blocks calibrated and on a schedule - Knee-jerk reaction to ISO13485? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
K Has anyone ever written a non conformance against their registrar? Their reaction? Registrars and Notified Bodies 16
R Documenting Reaction to Out Of Control Situations Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
earl62 What is the best way to control special characteristics in Control plan? Is it Mandatory to have SPC for IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
R Electrical contractor Project Quality Management Plan Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
M Clinical Development Plan - Advice Requested EU Medical Device Regulations 8
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
J Control Plan use on the manufacturing floor FMEA and Control Plans 4
E Change in control plan - Do I have to do sampling? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Is using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 the correct sampling plan to determine Pass/Fail of Apparel measurements? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
D All Dimensions listed on control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
DuncanGibbons Resources for aiding in procedure, work instruction and manufacturing plan development and management AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
Q Internal audit plan template Internal Auditing 5
C Gobys for operations documentation plan Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
N Sampling Plan for Internal Audits - ISO 2859 or 3951 - Or Neither? Internal Auditing 6
DuncanGibbons Manufacturing Plan vs Material Specification vs Control Plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
K %GRR was between 10-30% so we have to have a "backup plan" per auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
R Reduced sampling plan for sterial products APQP and PPAP 0
S PMS (Premarket Submission) and PMCF Plan EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Clinical Evaluation Plan vs. PMCF Plan EU Medical Device Regulations 19
qualprod Corona virus Contingency plan - What have you done in your company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
S Should safety checks be included in the Control Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J Requested Validation plan and reports Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
T Defining sampling plan for different AQL AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 1
adir88 MDR requirement: Risk Management Plan for "each device" ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
B AS9100D Sampling Plan AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D Supplied Product on Control Plan - Lot ranging in 40,000 pcs per product FMEA and Control Plans 3
M Can someone share a scrubbed version of Clinical Evaluation Plan (CEP) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S EU MDR Annex XIV - Clinical Evaluation Plan - What do these methods mean? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
M ISO 9001:2015 8.2.1 Contingency Plan required for small Business? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Is there any pre-defined Control plan format/template acc. VDA? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
G Do we need to QA cert? We only plan to supply reagents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
A Definition of customer in ITP (Inspection & Test Plan) Contract Review Process 3
S Can we provide training plan as corrective action for IATF 16949 Non conformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
C Machine Verification Plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
G Control Plan - Include the processes for each sub component? APQP and PPAP 2