Reaction plan in case of power outage

I

Isaias Rios

Hi there!

I'm new in this forum, and my question is if any of you guys have ever developed a procedure or work instruction for power outage cases that I can use as a base to develop mine. I had a CQI-15 audit, and one of the questions that came out was: "Is there a containment reaction plan and are operators trained in the process?" The auditor was looking for evidence to cover this: "Operators shall be trained in material handling, containment action, and product segregation in the event of an equipment emergency including power failure. Training shall be documented. Work instructions specifically addressing potential types of equipment emergencies and failures shall be accessible to and understood by equipment operators. These instructions shall address containment/reaction plans related to all elements of the welding process. Evidence shall exist showing disposition and traceability of affected product. Unplanned or emergency downtime greatly raises the risk of improper processing"
Thanks in advance for your help :tg:

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Just out of curiosity - do you have a business containment plan (most financial institution require this before they provide you a loan).

However, do you subscribe to any ISO standard?

if so have you looked at the concept of 7.1.4 control of work transfer?

let me know so that we could guide you - or provide opinion to your next level. :agree1:

I

Isaias Rios

Hello David. Thanks for your response. We actually do not have a business containment plan. We are subscribed to the TS-16949 and ISO-14001 standards.

dsanabria

More important - are you planning to get one and include Risk Management" as part of that process.

This is good business practice and every financial institution will applaud your future business perspective.

M

mguilbert

We are ISO 9001. We are dealing with live product and have a 21 day incubation time. All of our farms and hatcheries must have back up generators that are tested under load at least monthly. These procedures are documented and results recorded. These generators run all essential equipment and some of our computer systems. We had to use this for almost two weeks during the April 27th tornadoes in Alabama. They saved our goose.

dsanabria

We are ISO 9001. We are dealing with live product and have a 21 day incubation time. All of our farms and hatcheries must have back up generators that are tested under load at least monthly. These procedures are documented and results recorded. These generators run all essential equipment and some of our computer systems. We had to use this for almost two weeks during the April 27th tornadoes in Alabama. They saved our goose.

Thanks for sharing of how risk management and employing good business practice in keeping the business going forward and not depending on your competitors to outshine your lack of forward thinking. :applause::applause::applause:.

dsanabria

Hi there!

I'm new in this forum, and my question is if any of you guys have ever developed a procedure or work instruction for power outage cases that I can use as a base to develop mine. I had a CQI-15 audit, and one of the questions that came out was: "Is there a containment reaction plan and are operators trained in the process?" The auditor was looking for evidence to cover this: "Operators shall be trained in material handling, containment action, and product segregation in the event of an equipment emergency including power failure. Training shall be documented. Work instructions specifically addressing potential types of equipment emergencies and failures shall be accessible to and understood by equipment operators. These instructions shall address containment/reaction plans related to all elements of the welding process. Evidence shall exist showing disposition and traceability of affected product. Unplanned or emergency downtime greatly raises the risk of improper processing"
Thanks in advance for your help :tg:

Just out of curiosity - did you looked at the free file? Top of this page regtangular small box in purple / blue...

I

Isaias Rios

David, I will check if there are plans to have a business containment plan in my plant (I don't think so, but I will double check). Meantime I appreciate your comments. Thanks to Matthew as well.

Top Bottom