Real Life Testing related to Relevance or Quantification of Test Duration

Dave1001

Registered
Hi,
I'd be gratefull for any thoughts on peoples experience with Real Life Testing, especially related to relevance or quantification of test duration as an attribute for the test case.

To clarify what I mean by real life testing (and this may not be everyone's definition :))
Real life testing (RLT) - integration of production intent components into the overall product (in this case a vehicle). Operation of the overall product in a real (controlled) environment by typical user(s).

So the components have gone through their design, development, verification life cycle. They have been successfully integrated and tested in the product, but as an additional measure RLT is performed.

I'd imagine that the RLT should not be explicit about what the end user must perform, as the aim may be to see if there's any other unexpected behaviour, but we may wish to see some max load conditions under various operational situations (implying specific test cases).

With this in mind, if the simple directive of RLT was to say drive around for 1000km, this is based on judgement and may be difficult to assess for appropriateness. Specific perscriptive test cases may not catch the unexpected.

Does anybody have any views, theory and/or, practical advice?

Many thanks,
Dave

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Another quick "Bump" in case someone can help with this one. My Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom