Received a Major finding during IATF Surveillance audit for loss of BIQS Level 3 (more than 6 SPPS in 6 months)...how should we address SYSTEMIC CA?

Eddie L

Registered
Received a Major finding during IATF Surveillance audit for loss of BIQS Level 3 (more than 6 SPPS in 6 months)...how should we address SYSTEMIC CA?

Sebastian

Trusted Information Resource
There should be definitelly FAQ how to properly start this kind o thread.
1. What IATF 16949 clause number or CSR was pointed out by auditor as source of requirement?
2. Observation made by auditor, as evidence of nonconformity.
I can guess, but I don't want to.

Golfman25

I agree, more detail would be helpful. However, systemic RCA would focus on why you had 6 issues.

Eddie L

Registered
“GM CSR June 1st, 2019 requires that a major nonconformity shall be raised if organization’s BIQS is at level 1 or level 2.”
We exceeded the maximum allowance of 6 complaints (SPPS) IN A 6 month period...this dropped us from level 3 to level 1. The issues were all product defects related.

Eddie L

Registered
There should be definitelly FAQ how to properly start this kind o thread.
1. What IATF 16949 clause number or CSR was pointed out by auditor as source of requirement?
2. Observation made by auditor, as evidence of nonconformity.
I can guess, but I don't want to.
SEE EXPLANATION BELOW...

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
The major NC is mandatory and not to the discretion of the auditor.
In fact one must notify the CB within 5 days of the loss of the BIQS or there will be another for non notification
GM -IATF 16949 - Customer Specific Requirements
BIQS Requirements
Organizations shall achieve and maintain BIQS Level of 3, 4 or 5. The organization whose BIQS Level
falls below Level 3 shall notify its Certification Body within 5 business days after falling below the
stated requirement. If the organization fails to notify their Certification Body, the Certification Body
shall issue a minor non-conformance against IATF 16949:2016, clause 9.1.2.1.

The Certification Body shall issue a major non-conformance against IATF 16949:2016, clause 9.1.2.1,
when they are notified (or discover) the organization is at a BIQS Level 1 or 2. The Certification Body
shall conduct an on-site special audit.
Organizations that have not had their initial IATF 16949 certification and are BIQS Level 1 or 2 shall
not be issued a non-conformance.

To close this major non-conformance during the on-site special audit, the organization shall have
either 1) achieved BIQS metrics of Level 3, 4 or 5; or 2) a documented action plan, confirmed by the
GM SQE or SQE designee, detailing the steps, improvements, with target dates, being made to
achieve BIQS Level 3, 4 or 5.

NOTE: The GM system Sourceability Report will indicate a BIQS Level of 1 or 2 for those
organizations not meeting the BIQS requirements.

I would expect to see an analysis of the PRRs if there is a common thread etc.

Sebastian

Howard pointed out 9.1.2.1, so I am sure your auditor did the same.
Using last sentence of this section consider following aspects:
1. Assignation of authority for monitoring customer scorecards
2. Competence of personnel monitoring customer scorecards including escalation process
3. Trigger initiating management review when results are poor and management review scope (9.3.1.1, 9.3.2.1 i)
4. Management involvement in preparation of action plan against poor results (9.3.3.1)

Eddie L

Registered
The major NC is mandatory and not to the discretion of the auditor.
In fact one must notify the CB within 5 days of the loss of the BIQS or there will be another for non notification

I would expect to see an analysis of the PRRs if there is a common thread etc.
Thank you Howard...there were 3 repeat issues that were found the same week by the same GM Plant Side SQE.

Top Bottom