Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Receiving Inspection - Boss trying to save money

Skooma

Registered
We are a small machine shop, AS9100 certified.
Attached is our current document used for incoming inspection (which I think is lacking to begin with). This week my supervisor tells me he wants to start batching part numbers on a single form to save time/money, so when a P.O. comes back from outside processing instead of filling out 1 form per part number, now we are to batch them all together per P.O.
Is this going to fly on our next audit? Just referencing the vendor COFC doesn't seem specific enough, ohh and if a part is non-conforming they want to just reference the NCR #....
I read the standard again last night and I'm failing to find anything directly linked to this...

Attachments

Tagin

Quite Involved in Discussions
I think you may want to change the middle section of the form into a table, such as:

Code:
PO Line# | PartNumber | Qty Rcvd | Qty Rejected | Comments
(And remove Part Number from the top section of the form.)

About 5-10 rows, depending on your typical # of PO lines recvd per shipments. If need be, you could switch the form to landscape if you need more space to write in the rows.

That would work for ISO 9001, anyway.

Couldn't you just get rid of the form all together and use a log? Then a paper log can easily be converted into an excel spreadsheet, which is easily searchable, if needed. Less paper. Less work. Happy boss.

Skooma

Registered
Couldn't you just get rid of the form all together and use a log? Then a paper log can easily be converted into an excel spreadsheet, which is easily searchable, if needed. Less paper. Less work. Happy boss.
As of now we have to use a document with signature/stamp attached as verification that an inspection took place and then squirrel it away for traceability.

Skooma

Registered
You have an example? Like to get a visual of what your talking about. I have an idea but would like to see what your thinking of, thank you.

Top Bottom