Recertification for ISO 9001:2000 - framework

C

Cheryl Lourdes

Hi All

Its so good to be back to my favourite cove.

My client is to be recertified for ISO 9001:2000 in April 2009. At present all processors are very messy. Each head of units from purchasing department, sales, after sales, hr, production and workshop department are not using any CPAR's, not following the SOP's, not stamping their drawings with Master copies and forwarding this to the Document Controller to place into the Master List, and many more flaws that i had observed during my inspection with the head of units.

I am employed as the MR to get them back in track and pass this certification. Before i begin with the Internal Audits, and Management Reviews, is there any framework that i can start on?

Please help.

Thank you.

Sincerely
Cheryl Lourdes
MR since 2006

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi All

Its so good to be back to my favourite cove.

My client is to be recertified for ISO 9001:2000 in April 2009. At present all processors are very messy. Each head of units from purchasing department, sales, after sales, hr, production and workshop department are not using any CPAR's, not following the SOP's, not stamping their drawings with Master copies and forwarding this to the Document Controller to place into the Master List, and many more flaws that i had observed during my inspection with the head of units.

I am employed as the MR to get them back in track and pass this certification. Before i begin with the Internal Audits, and Management Reviews, is there any framework that i can start on?

Please help.

Thank you.

Sincerely
Cheryl Lourdes
MR since 2006
Cheryl,

Are you a consultant for them or actually an employee?

I would call for a meeting with the process owners (department managers) and help them with a plan to get this quality system back on track again. After the plan (who will do what, when where, and how?) has been developed, get approval from the top person. Then get started; let the managers do their work and be available for assistance. The managers must take ownership, otherwise they end up in the same mess as they are in now.

By the way, you will be recertified to ISO 9001:2008. ;)

Good luck.

Stijloor.

C

Cheryl Lourdes

Hi Stijloor
I was working in this company many years ago but now i am on contract for them for 1 month as an MR to get them their certification. Thanks for the information.
regards
Cheryl

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Hi Stijloor
I was working in this company many years ago but now i am on contract for them for 1 month as an MR to get them their certification. Thanks for the information.
regards
Cheryl
I would start with a Project plan (Gantt Chart) to track the deliverables vs actuals.

Btw, when you say "contract basis", is it time dependent or you could work until certification ? I am asking this question as 2 months (Mar and Apr 09) may be short to get the required documentation and QMS culture for ISO 9001 :rolleyes:

C

Cheryl Lourdes

Hi Ajit,

Any examples on how to do this deliverable versus actuals?

I am only given lesser than 2 months to get them certified. I am really worried.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Perhaps a set of internal audits would be the right place to start. That will give you objective evidence of what is or is not working the way it is planned. You mention an inspection with the heads of departments but that may not be giving the full picture. I believe it is better to know fully what the situation is before you put together an action plan.

harry

Super Moderator
Perhaps a set of internal audits would be the right place to start. That will give you objective evidence of what is or is not working the way it is planned. You mention an inspection with the heads of departments but that may not be giving the full picture. I believe it is better to know fully what the situation is before you put together an action plan.
Agree. Inspection is superficial whereas internal audits (provided it is done properly) is akin to diagnosis. At least you know the true situation and where to start with.

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Hi Ajit,

Any examples on how to do this deliverable versus actuals?

I am only given lesser than 2 months to get them certified. I am really worried.
To start with, as mentioned earlier, I would recommend a 6 months period for certification. This again depends on the size of the organization.

I have prepared a Road map specifying different action items that could be helpful to you for certification.

I would break these 6 months as follows :

Planning and development - 1 month
Develop processes and prepare documentation - 2 months
System Implementation - 3 months.

The system implementation includes running the QMS as defined, gathering records, performing Internal audits and Management Review with final certification as the last item.

Best Luck :agree1:

Attachments

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Agree. Inspection is superficial whereas internal audits (provided it is done properly) is akin to diagnosis. At least you know the true situation and where to start with.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the US do not call Audits but they call Inspections - thus both terms are the same and on another note, the auditor term is replaced by Inspector ;)

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Cheryl,

Are you a consultant for them or actually an employee?
Lourdes,

There is a reason why I asked that question. Does this apply to you?

Who will be the MR when you leave?

5.5.2 Management representative
Top management shall appoint a member of the organization's management who, irrespective of other responsibilities, shall have responsibility and authority that includes
a) ensuring that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and
maintained,
b) reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for
improvement, and
c) ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.

NOTE The responsibility of a management representative can include liaison with external parties on matters relating to the quality management system.
Emphasis mine.

Stijloor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T How long will ISO 9001:2015 Recertification Take? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D What happens when a company loses ISO 9001 recertification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
S ISO 9001:2008 Recertification Audit Process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
S ISO 9001 Recertification Audit Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
A Recertification ISO 9001:2008 - 5 Different Divisions, so 5 Different Quality Plans ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A ISO 9001 Recertification Process - How should I prepare for it? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
T ISO 9001:2008 Recertification Audit Deadline ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D NCRs (Nonconformances) allowed during ISO 9001 Recertification Audit General Auditing Discussions 21
C Nonconformances - Recently Audited on Recertification of ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
P ISO 9001 Recertification vs. Certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
I ISO 9001:2000 Recertification controls ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A Recertification of ISO 9001 QMS? Three year cycle ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 45
Marc ISO 9001 Three Year Recertification Audit Requirement(s) - Complete Reaudit Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
J EU ISO 13485:2016 Recertification Audit - Effect of 10 Minor Nonconformances EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J ISO 13485 Recertification audit extension ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
C ISO 14001 Recertification without setting Targets ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
R Corrective Action for Nonconformity in ISO/TS 16949 Recertification Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R For ISO/TS 16949 Auditors concerning the Auditor Development Process recertification General Auditing Discussions 4
M Recertification audit for ISO 14001 - what will the auditors look at/for ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
R ISO Registrar Using Quality Authors to perform periodical or recertification audits ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
qualprod Transition and recertification at the same time? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
C Additional Training for CCT (Certified Calibration Technician) Recertification Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
O New Job 1 Month from Recertification Audit - Missing Documents, no Internal Audits ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
S Advanced Surveillance and Recertification Procedures - being discontinued by the IAF December 2019 update ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Pancho "IRS" Request for recertification of foreign status [SCAM] After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
S Recertification Frequency for TS 16949 Lead Auditors General Auditing Discussions 4
T Is recertification needed for our plant relocation ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
D AS9100 Recertification Audits - How much in advance of the Certificate Expiration AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
J What does recertification do? 6.9 Recertification of the Rules 3rd. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
R IAF Time Window requirements for scheduling Recertification Audits Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
F Welder Recertification to AWS 17.1 Groove Weld AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
K Are Professional Certifications meaningful? What of Recertification Requirements? Professional Certifications and Degrees 15
M Calculating the IATF TS 16949 Recertification Audit Man Days - Clarification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B AS 9100 Revision C Transition and Recertification Audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
A Recertification for ASQ Certificates Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
B Auditing Recertification for Changed Standards ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
T TS 16949 Recertification Audit - No negative findings! Covegratulations 23
Z Procedure Manual Changes - Internal audit necessary prior to recertification? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
A TS16949 Recertification Training - Internal Auditor Qualifications Internal Auditing 4
Howard Atkins IATF closes auditor recertification portal ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
M Nonconformities on TS16949 recertification audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
Tom W ASQ CQE Recertification - I might be a little short on points - What to do? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
C Do Newsletter articles count towards recertification? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
S ASQ Recertification Units (RUs) for my CQE,CQA Recertification Journal ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9
P New IATF "Rules" and Auditor Recertification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
S Recertification Process for Expired Shelf Life Materials ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
N Certification Scope changed - need Recertification? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 8
U How do I prepare for a recertification audit sch. 1 week after our division is sold. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
Coury Ferguson Surveillance Audit 3 Months before Recertification - Why? Registrars and Notified Bodies 31
D Manday requirements for recertification with multiple sites IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16