Recommendations for Calibration Certificates/Software?

J

joecalibratio

Are there any versatile software programs out there that can create a very professional calibration certificate?
Word works with our access database (which we are going away from) but we have been looking at Met/Cal and the certificates are mediocre.
Currently we use some corporate letterhead and populate the letterhead with cal info (customer name,product, s/n, traceability statements etc...).
I am really looking for something that would stand out. There is no reason a calibration certificate cannot be an impressive looking doc.

Thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

Teri - 2011

We use a program called gagetrak.
Sorry, couldn't attach a copy of a certificate, as I do not have the program, but may be worth checking in to.

M

MBrwny20

joecalibratio said:
we have been looking at Met/Cal and the certificates are mediocre.

MetCal, Met Track, doesn't actually generate certificates. The reporting tool is Crystal Reports Version 10.

You can accomplish anything you want with Crystal Reports. Including but not limited to, custom letterheads for each customer activity, photos, dynamic blurbs etc.

CalRich

Involved In Discussions
joecalibratio said:
Are there any versatile software programs out there that can create a very professional calibration certificate?
Word works with our access database (which we are going away from) but we have been looking at Met/Cal and the certificates are mediocre.
Currently we use some corporate letterhead and populate the letterhead with cal info (customer name,product, s/n, traceability statements etc...).
I am really looking for something that would stand out. There is no reason a calibration certificate cannot be an impressive looking doc.

Thanks!
If you are working with a lot of equipment items, I'd suggest Gage Insite from Indysoft (www.indysoft.com) . I'm sure it's been mentioned before in a thread, and despite any frustrations I ever have, I still love it. There are many possibilites with creating certificates, as well as any other kind fo related document. However, it does take someone with computer savvy to make truly outstanding certificates. The "standard" that comes with the package is the "blah" certs we've all seen.
There is also integration with Met/Cal, Excel, and a charting app called TeeChart Pro.
Good luck!

G

Grizz1345

I use GageTrak and you can edit the calibration certificate to look however you like. It has a basic format with an edit function. It is very easy to use.

S

Super20G

CalRich said:
If you are working with a lot of equipment items, I'd suggest Gage Insite from Indysoft despite any frustrations I ever have, I still love it.
While Gage Insite is feature rich, I would recommend THOROUGHLY testing it prior to purchase. If your needs are limited and basic for now, you may be OK. If you are wanting to take advantage of new features or need custom tailoring... other solutions may be a better fit while some bugs are being worked out.

They do work on the product's flaws and fix them over time, but as soon as a couple are fixed more pop up...

If you dont mind a bumpy ride and lost productivity while they are able to stabilize the product, go for it, if quality is top priority... I would hold off a bit longer.

We are at the point of no return, so if you want the current status of how the software is coming along, feel free to drop us a line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tagin Recommendations for calibration labels for ESD floor mats General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
B Commercial Calibration Laboratory Software Recommendations Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
C The Best Calibration Management Software Recommendations wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Label Printer for Gauge Calibration Purposes - Looking for Recommendations Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 6
M CMM (coordinate measuring machine) calibration recommendations General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 15
ScottK Soliciting recommendations for a fast turnaround calibration house - Mass Flow Meter Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Ron Rompen Calibration Software Recommendations? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 17
J Recommendations on calibration interval (frequency) ISO/IEC 17025:2005 para 5.10.4.4 ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
F Calibration Tracking Software: Seeking Recommendations and Comments General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 23
D Calibration Training - Any recommendations or reviews? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
D Recommendations for equipment used to validate cold storage units General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
mtmt70a Change\ my MTBF Prediction SW Tool from the RELEX tool with yearly Lic. access Telecordia database to another solution. Recommendations? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 0
9 AS9100 Friendly ERP Recommendations Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
J Recommendations for certification bodies ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
B IATF Certification Body Recommendations Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
D Any recommendations on where to find experienced quality hires in Chicago area? Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 2
S IEC60601-1 Training recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
M NICE Medical Technology Evaluation Programme - Recommendations Service Industry Specific Topics 0
T Training recommendations? Bringing our RoHS and REACH compliance efforts in-house REACH and RoHS Conversations 2
J Recommendations for online ISO 19011 training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
M HR (Human Resources) based software recommendations Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
C QMS Document Management Software Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 14
A EAR costs and recommendations under MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
C Looking for APQP Training recommendations preferably in the aerospace industry APQP and PPAP 2
M Informational US FDA Draft Guidance – Breast Implants – Certain Labeling Recommendations to Improve Patient Communication Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T Electronic ECO/ECR Process - Software recommendations Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
E Recommendations for CBs south of England AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
M Authorized Representative services for the EU Recommendations EU Medical Device Regulations 3
C Recommendations for UK-based ISO 13485 internal auditor training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Clinical Evaluation Report - Consultant Recommendations Consultants and Consulting 9
M Informational MHRA Guidance – Recommendations from the independent Expert Advisory Group on the use of Paclitaxel Drug-Coated Balloons (DCBs) and Drug-Eluting Stent Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
pbojsen Computerized Learning Management Systems (Training systems) recommendations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
K Seeking ISO 13485 Registrar Recommendations Registrars and Notified Bodies 15
Pmarszal Software Validation Training Course - Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
K Recommendations for books on artificial intelligence software Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
J Good Laboratory Practice: online training course recommendations? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
QIE QMS and PLM software recommendations Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 6
M Medical Device News FDA Releases Draft Recommendations on Premarket Submissions for Management of Cybersecurity in Medical Devices Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
J Recommendations on Inspection/SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
M New AS9100 Registrar - Recommendations for Transfer Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
O Supply chain strategy or commodity strategy reading recommendations Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
P QMS software recommendations for a small ISO 13485 company Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
E Best GD&T training - Your suggestions and recommendations please Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
R Quality Management Software Recommendations ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Recommendations for joining a professional association and obtaining quality certific Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
R IATF 16949:2016 textbook recommendations IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
A Corrective Action Software Recommendations Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
T Recommendations for ONLINE IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
H ISO/IATF Internal Auditor Recommendations For Manufacturer In California, USA Internal Auditing 3
P Recommendations on SPC Software or Excel SPC add-in(s) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 6