SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Recommendations for ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training

D

dawnz

I'm currently getting quotes for In-house ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training for approx. 12 employees in Southern NJ. Any recommendations?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

szohar

Re: ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training

I attended ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training offered by SAI Global this past February (I really only needed the FDA component, but the course covered both FDA and ISO 9001), and I found the training informative and well-organized.

The link to their ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Traning course is not directly on their website - SAI Global absorbed the company originally providing that training - but you should be able to contact someone there and get more information.

If you have any trouble getting that information, send me a private message and I can send you the most recent contact info I have from when I took the course at the start of the year.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training

I'm currently getting quotes for In-house ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training for approx. 12 employees in Southern NJ. Any recommendations?
There are a few consultants here. Try seeking them out. Try one of the following consultants, they teach such classes:

Stijloor or Helmut

Last edited:
B

Bob the QE

We had a very good and useful class from LRQA. I think you'll find that all reputable registrars can fit your need. What I looked for when we went down the ISO road was location (helps reduce travel costs) and local or network recommendations. I did use the recommendations quite extensively and spoke with the folks personally not via email.

Good luck

We had a very good and useful class from LRQA. I think you'll find that all reputable registrars can fit your need. What I looked for when we went down the ISO road was location (helps reduce travel costs) and local or network recommendations. I did use the recommendations quite extensively and spoke with the folks personally not via email.

Good luck
I believe that Certification Bodies have to be careful about running classes 'on-site' which are not open to the public - to avoid the consulting conflict-of-interest issue, Bob.......

The OP asked for on site training.....

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
I believe that Certification Bodies have to be careful about running classes 'on-site' which are not open to the public - to avoid the consulting conflict-of-interest issue, Bob.......

The OP asked for on site training.....
The note under paragraph 3.3 of ISO 17021:2006 stipulates that the provision of courses does not constitute conflict of interest, and thus a threat to impartiality, IF the course provides GENERIC information that "is freely available to the public domain". As long as the training follows the same material and information provided during public courses and does not engage in customization and company-specific solutions, no problem.

The note under paragraph 3.3 of ISO 17021:2006 stipulates that the provision of courses does not constitute conflict of interest, and thus a threat to impartiality, IF the course provides GENERIC information that "is freely available to the public domain". As long as the training follows the same material and information provided during public courses and does not engage in customization and company-specific solutions, no problem.
IF - hence my comment. Having run hundreds of training courses, there's often a component of 'what about our situation' when running on site......that's why I believe CB's have to take care.....since who would know what was being discussed, behind 'closed doors'......?

One of the many benefits of using a consultant trainer is the possibility to tailor comments to a client's needs without the fear of any conflicts. Indeed there's more value to that than just getting a generic course with public domain info!

Last edited:

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
IF - hence my comment. Having run hundreds of training courses, there's often a component of 'what about our situation' when running on site......that's why I believe CB's have to take care.....since who would know what was being discussed, behind 'closed doors'......?
Great points! Most of my on-site internal audit courses presented at already registered sites are usually customized to fit the organization's (audit program) needs and expectations. To add value for the Client, I try to make it work better for them which includes a healthy dose of suggestions and ideas. So you could consider that approach training including "consulting."

Stijloor.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
I would be happy to discuss this with you. We have developed a unique internal auditor training program and improvement system that is designed to both teach and guide auditors into doing effective process approach audits. They are taught to both audit for ISO requirements AND to find improvements that would benefit and provide value to the company.

So far, the responses to the class have been very, very good. I think w ehave finally developed the missing link vs the standard dull internal auditor programs. I will provide references if you are interested, but for now, I'll try to attach a short PPT promo you may view.

http://elsmar.com/Forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6731&d=1176910559

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Any recommendations on canned ISO 9001 documentation? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S Recommendations on a good ISO 9001 "transition" auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
M Software recommendations for ISO 9001 Documentation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B ISO 9001 Course Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
D TS16949 and ISO 9001 Lead Auditor (Assessor) Training Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
M ISO 9001 Certification - Registration Body Recommendations General Auditing Discussions 8
J Tracking ISO 9001 documentation - Seeking software recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
J Recommendations for online ISO 19011 training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
C Recommendations for UK-based ISO 13485 internal auditor training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K Seeking ISO 13485 Registrar Recommendations Registrars and Notified Bodies 15
P QMS software recommendations for a small ISO 13485 company Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
H ISO/IATF Internal Auditor Recommendations For Manufacturer In California, USA Internal Auditing 3
V Recommendations for Training and Certification for ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
T ISO 13485 Book and Training Class Recommendations wanted Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
R ISO 14001 Implementation Book Recommendations Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 26
H ISO 9126 E-learning training course - Recommendations wanted Software Quality Assurance 3
J Software for ISO Document Control - Recommendations Wanted Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 7
T ISO 14001 EMS Software Assistance and Recommendations Please ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 12
Q ISO 13485 CMDCAS Registrar Recommendations Registrars and Notified Bodies 23
J Recommendations on calibration interval (frequency) ISO/IEC 17025:2005 para 5.10.4.4 ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
B ISO 13485 Training Organizations in the US - Seeking Reviews and Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
K ISO/TS16949 Lead Auditor training - Recommendations? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 27
A Registrar For ISO / TS 16949: Seeking Recommendations Registrars and Notified Bodies 36
Q Seeking Recommendations: Public ISO 14001 Lead Auditor training course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
C ISO 13485 & ISO 17025 Books and ISO 14969 - Seeking Recommendations / Reviews ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
R Seeking: Iso Ts 16949:2000 Book Recommendations Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
B IATF Certification Body Recommendations Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
D Any recommendations on where to find experienced quality hires in Chicago area? Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 2
S IEC60601-1 Training recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
M NICE Medical Technology Evaluation Programme - Recommendations Service Industry Specific Topics 0
T Training recommendations? Bringing our RoHS and REACH compliance efforts in-house REACH and RoHS Conversations 2
M HR (Human Resources) based software recommendations Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
S MDR consultants - in search of recommendations for a consultant for MDR transition. Paid Consulting, Training and Services 7
C QMS Document Management Software Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 14
A EAR costs and recommendations under MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
C Looking for APQP Training recommendations preferably in the aerospace industry APQP and PPAP 2
M Informational US FDA Draft Guidance – Breast Implants – Certain Labeling Recommendations to Improve Patient Communication Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T Electronic ECO/ECR Process - Software recommendations Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
E Recommendations for CBs south of England AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
M Authorized Representative services for the EU Recommendations EU Medical Device Regulations 3
D Clinical Evaluation Report - Consultant Recommendations Consultants and Consulting 9
Tagin Recommendations for calibration labels for ESD floor mats General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
M Informational MHRA Guidance – Recommendations from the independent Expert Advisory Group on the use of Paclitaxel Drug-Coated Balloons (DCBs) and Drug-Eluting Stent Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
pbojsen Computerized Learning Management Systems (Training systems) recommendations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Pmarszal Software Validation Training Course - Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
K Recommendations for books on artificial intelligence software Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
J Good Laboratory Practice: online training course recommendations? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
QIE QMS and PLM software recommendations Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 6
M Medical Device News FDA Releases Draft Recommendations on Premarket Submissions for Management of Cybersecurity in Medical Devices Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
J Recommendations on Inspection/SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4