Recommendations for online ISO 19011 training?

JJ_FDA

Involved In Discussions
Have you taken an online ISO 19011 course that you can recommend? Looking to start one soon. I work in the drug development field with a number of years of internal audit experience, but no formal outside auditing training. Thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Have you taken an online ISO 19011 course that you can recommend? Looking to start one soon. I work in the drug development field with a number of years of internal audit experience, but no formal outside auditing training. Thanks!
Good day JJ_FDA, I am sorry for the delay in this response.

Auditor training is typically specific to the skill sets needed by auditors in their various specialty fields. ISO 19011 does not address that, rather that standard addresses the program that manages audit activities. That is, training will be done to ISO 1XXXX but the program will be managed as per the guidelines of ISO 19011, to include auditor qualifications.

I hope this makes sense.

JJ_FDA

Involved In Discussions
Hi Jen, thanks for clarifying. I am indeed looking for training on ISO 19011 so that I can understand how audit programmes are run in general, and to improve the way the home-grown internal audit programme at my company is run specifcally.

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Are the objectives for your internal audit programme set and reviewed by top management?

How is the internal audit programme resourced?

How is each audit planned to fulfill its objective and these wider objectives?

Learning ISO 19011 will not help anyone to answer these questions.

However, you may use these criteria to select your certified lead auditor training.

JJ_FDA

Involved In Discussions
Thanks for the insight John.

Is there a programme that you can recommend, or a provider that you've bought an online training from in the past that you've had a good experience with?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
I did a search using key words "internal audit program iso 13485" and came up with this list of links.

I am not able to vouch for any of them, as I have never used them; they are almost all for-profit.

The ASQ Certified Auditor Handbook would make a good reference. ASQ does have a web based training for CQA; I have never tried it so I cannot vouch for its value. Disclaimer: I am an ASQ member.

I put in two Audit Program Manager attachments that I hope might be of some help to you. The 9001 attachment could be adapted for ISO 13485; I was not working in that standard at the time the tool was made.

JJ_FDA

Involved In Discussions
Thanks for all of this information Jen! I will be reading these documents with interest. I'm more in GxP and ISO 15189 than medical devices, but I am sure that they are still very applicable to my situation.

Have you taken any trainings from ASQ? If so, what are your impressions in general?

Edit: the audit program manager attachments are gold. Thank you!

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Good Laboratory Practice: online training course recommendations? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
T Recommendations for ONLINE IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J Online FMEA Risk Management Course Recommendations ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M MDD (Medical Device Directive) Online Training Recommendations and Suggestions EU Medical Device Regulations 1
T Online Master Degree in TQM - Any good university reviews or recommendations? Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
M HR (Human Resources) based software recommendations Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
S MDR consultants - in search of recommendations for a consultant for MDR transition. Paid Consulting, Training and Services 7
C QMS Document Management Software Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 15
A EAR costs and recommendations under MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
C Looking for APQP Training recommendations preferably in the aerospace industry APQP and PPAP 2
M Informational US FDA Draft Guidance – Breast Implants – Certain Labeling Recommendations to Improve Patient Communication Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T Electronic ECO/ECR Process - Software recommendations Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
E Recommendations for CBs south of England AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
M Authorized Representative services for the EU Recommendations EU Medical Device Regulations 3
C Recommendations for UK-based ISO 13485 internal auditor training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Clinical Evaluation Report - Consultant Recommendations Consultants and Consulting 9
Tagin Recommendations for calibration labels for ESD floor mats General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
M Informational MHRA Guidance – Recommendations from the independent Expert Advisory Group on the use of Paclitaxel Drug-Coated Balloons (DCBs) and Drug-Eluting Stent Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
pbojsen Computerized Learning Management Systems (Training systems) recommendations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
K Seeking ISO 13485 Registrar Recommendations Registrars and Notified Bodies 15
Pmarszal Software Validation Training Course - Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
K Recommendations for books on artificial intelligence software Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
QIE QMS and PLM software recommendations Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 6
M Medical Device News FDA Releases Draft Recommendations on Premarket Submissions for Management of Cybersecurity in Medical Devices Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
J Recommendations on Inspection/SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
M New AS9100 Registrar - Recommendations for Transfer Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
O Supply chain strategy or commodity strategy reading recommendations Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
P QMS software recommendations for a small ISO 13485 company Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
E Best GD&T training - Your suggestions and recommendations please Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
R Quality Management Software Recommendations ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Recommendations for joining a professional association and obtaining quality certific Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
R IATF 16949:2016 textbook recommendations IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
A Corrective Action Software Recommendations Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
H ISO/IATF Internal Auditor Recommendations For Manufacturer In California, USA Internal Auditing 3
P Recommendations on SPC Software or Excel SPC add-in(s) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 6
rob73 Advice/recommendations for equipment to measure a soft pvc tube - Optical Measuring? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
J Electronic Device History Record (eDHR) Software Recommendations 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
S Any recommendations on canned ISO 9001 documentation? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T TS16949 Lead Auditor Training Recommendations wanted Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
S Recommendations on a good ISO 9001 "transition" auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
S Small Business ERP System - Recommendations wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
J Good training or seminars to attend for MEDDEV 2.12-1 recommendations wanted EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Definition Recommendations - Understanding "recommendations" and "recommended corrective action" Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 8
a_bardi Quality in Medicine book recommendations Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 2
F Software recommendations for corrective and preventive action Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
Q Global SCAR Software System Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
J MR Testing Facility recommendations in US, Germany, or Asia US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
S Quality / 9001/ Six Sigma Audio CD Recommendations? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
R Looking for good, low cost APQP Software recommendations APQP and PPAP 2
A Non-Conforming Material Control and Inventory Software System Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5