Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Recommendations for SPC monitoring software

D

dna_leri

Looking for recommendations for SPC monitoring software suitable for our setup. We currently have an "SPC package" which is no longer supported by the manufacturer and never really met our requirements anyway.

We are a small operation in automotive (ISO/TS) industry, one data entry point, currently using "SPC" for injection moulding process, multiple cavities per tool and 30+ different parts.

I am looking for the following features:
-Ablity to interface multiple analog and digitial gauges directly.
-Real-time analysis with correct control limits (to respond to unwanted variation) and post-analysis (weekly/monthly reviews) of capability.
-Minimal IT involvement, ideally good global support (Eu based).
-Low cost but some ability to grow.

So in short, good, basic functionality (no frills required) at low cost of ownership!

I have seen a similar thread but it went off-topic and was closed:
Online Monitoring of SPC Data and Charts in Real Time

I have looked at products such as InfinityQS & WinSPC but they seem to have more functionality (and cost) than I need.

Any experiences with similar pacakges appreciated.

I've used Hertzler SPC for over 15 years. Great software. You can read about my experiences on my website. It will do everything you need.

Its funny that you mention the moulding process. In the hertzler demo, they use the moulding operation as an example.

Infinity QMS is also a good choice, but can be slow depending on your setup. I've used this for 6 months and much rather use Hertzler.

It seems like cost is very important for your choice. What is your pricing limits? With Hertzler you pay a license for number users on the system at a time. I had Hertzler installed on over 30 PCs but only needed a 6 user licence because at any given time there were no more than 6 people using the software.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
I've used Hertzler SPC for over 15 years. Great software. You can read about my experiences on my website. It will do everything you need.

Its funny that you mention the moulding process. In the hertzler demo, they use the moulding operation as an example.

Infinity QMS is also a good choice, but can be slow depending on your setup. I've used this for 6 months and much rather use Hertzler.

It seems like cost is very important for your choice. What is your pricing limits? With Hertzler you pay a license for number users on the system at a time. I had Hertzler installed on over 30 PCs but only needed a 6 user licence because at any given time there were no more than 6 people using the software.
Robert,

I noticed that you are a partner of Hertzler software. ;) Does that skew your opinion a little bit?

Stijloor.

I'm more a friend then partner. I recommend them on my site but I'm not paid to do so. They let me use their software to generate graphs and such. In exchange, I keep a contact form for them.

U

UK Steve

You could try QDAS.

We've used it successfully on all our automated in-process gauging for 5+ years.

If you can get a convertor for it - as we have on our Zeiss CMM's - then it generates the control charts, run rule violations, capability analysis, etc automatically so its real time. All the process owner has to do is 'read' the data and act accordingly :).

The software is modular so if you want the whole suite it can get expensive. For the modules we didn't purchase we use Minitab.

PM me if you more detail ie screen shots, etc.

Cheers
Steve

M

marcschaeffers

You may want to look at Datalyzer Spectrum. This has specific features for injection moulding and is used pretty extensively in Europe with European based support.

Good luck

Hi there,
Sorry I realise this is an old thread, but relevant to my question. I'm looking for information on the Q-Das system integrated with PC-DMIS (cmm software), we are looking to upgrade from a very manual process to what we have been lead to believe will be an integrated and effortless process (once set up) in order to chart dimensional data. Does anyone have feedback regarding the level of operator intervention for each set of data?

Regards

Bernard

Top Bottom