Recycling codes on PSW - Restricted or reportable substances

It has only been a little more than a year. but I just recently noticed a "new" note on the PSW form in appendix A of the PPAP 3rd ed. manual.
As noted:

Note: Does this part contain any restricted or reportable substances
- Self explanatory
Are plastic parts identified with appropriate ISO marking codes
- What does it mean by "plastic"? very broad term.
- What are appropriate ISO codes?
- Where can I find them?
- Has any one else addressed this note?

I have probably submitted 50 PSW's using the old format with no questions.

Your responses are appreciated.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
F

freeda

Take a look at page 24 of the PPAP manual (3rd edition) Section II.2.3. It defines plastic as polymeric. To my knowledge this is only a Ford requirement. So if you are not a tier one supplier to Ford, then just check no in the box.

Freeda, Thanks I did not think to look in customer specific reqm'ts. Strange that the PSW would contain customer specifics.

Al, Thanks. That's probably the type of code that they are looking for. If it is Ford specific I can check in the Ford specs.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I do not think that this is customer specific. The ISO codes are I think the same as those of SAE. I will retirn later with the actual number of the spec. Ususally on the drawings there is a demand for marking, this is the recycling code.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q IATF rule for single site - Ingots from scrap metal recycling company IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
F TS 16949 Clause 7.2.1 - Note 2 - Recycling program - Clarification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
A Company that manages Outsourced Recycling ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
insect warfare New home for the R2 (Responsible Recycling) standard Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
R R2 Certification Requirements for Recycling - Are we eligible??? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 12
J Recycling Procedure (ISO9001) - Do I need a documented process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
insect warfare New R2:2013 (Responsible Recycling) Standard has been Released Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 6
I Environmental - Office Recycling and Waste Management Programme and Objectives Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
M K-Cup (Keurig) Recycling - This recycling program is still in development Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 2
A EU vs. Canada Electronics Recycling (WEEE) Plan Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
V Integrating ISO 14001 and EPA Responsible Recycling (R2) ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 4
V Where to get NAID and EPA Responsible Recycling Certification Training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
B Recycling - Pretreatment and dismantling parts for recycling activity in a car RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
N Recycling Cell Phones for ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
T Waste Segregation and Recycling - Ideas for Launching & Jazzing up 'Green Day'. Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 1
S Recycling Thermoset Material Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
SteelMaiden Recycling pop bottles Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 21
SteelMaiden Recycling/Waste Stream Management Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 5
P Product Identification in Recycling (Reclaimation) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
C Is it necessary to have a documented 3 R recycling plan in addition to measures? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 10
Miner Quality checks of product QR codes FMEA and Control Plans 2
M Medical Device Identification & Codes - Article 27 Requirements questions EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M MDR Requirements - UDI/Barcodes/QR codes on IFUs EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M NANDO codes of products - These are not the GMDN codes, correct? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Informational IMDRF proposed document – IMDRF terminologies for categorized Adverse Event Reporting (AER): terms, terminology structure and codes (Edition 4) – Anne Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J MEDDEV 2.12/1's new MIR & IMDRF terms & codes (IMDRF Annex) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Is it compulsory to update the obsolete GMDN codes in ARTG? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
M CER (Clinical Evaluation Reports) updates - Product Codes EU Medical Device Regulations 2
G Defect codes and process codes need to be controlled AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
S IAF Codes - Examples of what falls under each code General Information Resources 2
I FDA Exempts Product Codes from 510(k) Process (Class II Medical Devices) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M GMDN PT Codes vs. FDA Preferred Term (PT) Codes Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
N GMDN codes for orthopedic implants Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
J Where to get GMDN Codes Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 14
F UMDNS and GMDN Codes - When a Preferred Term has been Retired Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
R Who is regulating Security Alarm Codes? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
Ajit Basrur Guidance Document - Medical Device Classification Product Codes Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
E Action Codes - Repair Codes for our Toolroom Repairs Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K Quality Records (QR) Control Codes Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 13
S Standard Machining Defect Codes Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
B GMDN Codes again - Code for "spinal fixation system" Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
P Finding UMDNS (Universal Medical Device Nomenclature System) Codes Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
G New FDA Import Codes "Affirmations of Compliance" 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
SteveK Colour Codes for Vacuum Gauges on Medical Devices? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
P GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) Codes (searchable database) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 17
T HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) and "12 NC" Codes for Products RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
R Distribution of Reference Documents and ASME Codes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
J My mentors insist I use hotel's employee manuals and codes of conduct for my... Service Industry Specific Topics 3
K Establishing Item Codes for Production Raw Materials Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
V Checklist Identification Codes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3