Reduced Audit days when UPGRADING from AS9100 to TS16949 - Is it possible?

T

TS_Plater

At the request of our consultant I recently requested a quotation from another registrar that I had not previously considered. Their proposal includes a discounted (less audit time allotted) TS registration based on calling it an ?upgrade? from AS9100. So they are saying if we get registered to AS9100 prior to TS it will reduce the cost of TS certification. (We had always planned on getting AS9100 certified but after completing our transition from 9001:2008 to TS16949:2009)

Does it sound right; Have they found a loophole in the rules?

I am currently evaluating the feasibility of switching my timetable to get AS9100 prepared prior to TS. Am I wasting my time?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Hi: If you have a copy of the IATF "TS Rules" document it will define what the duration of your certification audit is. As far as I'm aware, reductions are NOT given, indeed, you will still have to go through a "stage 1" and "stage 2" audit, as if you had nothing in place - just as it is for AS91XX certification. I'll check with my technical management, but these 2 specific schemes aren't known for allowing reductions - if anything time is ADDED!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Integrating ISO 9001/27001 External Audits - Audit Time Reduced? Discounts? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
R Reduced sampling plan for sterial products APQP and PPAP 0
A Reduced Testing of Pharmaceutical Raw Materials Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
I Is risk acceptability really needed if all risks must be reduced as far as possible? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
E Number of medical device clinical trials has reduced by 20% in Korea Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Q Reduced Device License Fee was rejected for being sent in too early Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
G Reduced Insurance Premium with ISO 14001 or ISO 9001 Certification ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
G Reduced Receiving Inspection - Now What Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 12
S How to make reduced sampling plan Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
W Reduced Sampling Plan - Going from a Normal to a Reduced Sampling Plan Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Z Tracking Lots for Reduced and Tightened Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
Z Reduced Sampling based on Process Capability (AS9100 Standard) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
ScottK Maintaining an SPC program with reduced staffing Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
M AQL vs. Cpk - Sample Size and Reduced Sample Size AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 16
D Successful Validation = Reduced Inspection? No Inspection?? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
L ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003 - Page 13 in reduced sampling code "M" sample size Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
L Layout and flow improvements - Reduced walking time? Cost savings? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 11
N To Register to ISO 9001 or Not To Register? Will customer audits be reduced if we do? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Marc Quality In Tourism And Demand From People With Reduced Capabilities Service Industry Specific Topics 5
L Reduced Inspection & SPC Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
C Skip-Lot Testing and the FDA - Reduced Testing Plan for Raw Materials Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
B FMEA - Reduced Detection Ranking by Use of Preventative Maintenance FMEA and Control Plans 6
R External Audit and Certificate prorogation due to the pandemic General Auditing Discussions 10
Dean Bell Implementation of Controls as per SOA for Stage 2 Audit IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
G Logistic organization and controls - IATF/ISO 9001 audit Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
Geoff Cotton Performing a Delta Audit General Auditing Discussions 12
N ISO 19011:2018 - 5.4.2 "...audit program should engage in appropriate continual development..." Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
G MSA check list to audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
L Open Positions During AS9100 Audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
L Stage 2 audit - Requirement for 3 months of records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
F Who can sit in/perform an API audit? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
H AS9100 Checklist for Internal Audit needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A What are the pros and cons of using an audit software for internal auditing? General Auditing Discussions 4
F Internal Audit before Pre-Assessment ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
Q Internal audit plan template Internal Auditing 5
G Self Assessment Audit from a new potential customer General Auditing Discussions 3
L Internal audit during COVID-19 restrictions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M OEM asking for NC report after certification audit. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Ooi Yew Jin Customer E audit preparation Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
N Audit non-compliance API Q1 - Use of External Documents 4.4.4 in Product Realization Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
J Remote Audit Experiences - June 2020 General Auditing Discussions 26
F Product audit sampling plans IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
M Supplier Audit Report - Template for second party audit wanted Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
Stefan Mundt AS9100D Major nonconformity due to recurrence of a NC during a subsequent CB audit. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Q ISO 9001:2015 man days for surveillance audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
F ISO 13485 - EU countries that could request another audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H Layered audit updates after COVID-19 shutdowns Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 0